Yatokth

Afarium Yatokth

Full Name: Afarium Yatokth

Nicknames: Yat or Yatokth, as almost no one knows his first name.

Date of Birth: Shortly after the first kingdom of Arathor was established.

Race: Undead, Forsaken

Hair: None

Skin: Greyish blue, torn in places, some to the bone

Eyes: The dulled yellow glow of all Forsaken

Height: 6'1"

Place of Residence: Wherever is needed.

Place of Birth: Arathi Highlands

Known Relatives: All deceased.

Religion/Philosophy: The Creeds of The Raven Cross.

Group/Guild Affiliation: The Raven Cross

Enemies: The Alliance, The League of Arathor, The Dusk Watch

Favorite Foods: Bread. All that is needed.

Favorite Drinks: Water. All that is needed. He also enjoys many of the stronger alcoholic conoctions, most notably the Sulfuron Slammer, whenever he can get his hands on it.

Weapons of Choice: Usually a Claymore, or a Greataxe. Has also been known to use throwing knives, daggers, rifles, and mugs.

Dislikes: Excessive posturing, Defeatists, A-morality

Hobbies: Reading history. He picked up this hobby upon being raised as a Forsaken after such a large differential in time - he had alot to catch up on. Since then, he reads as much as he can to discover new perspectives upon the issues that plague Azeroth.

Physical Features: A heavy set Forsaken, the warrior strikes an intimidating figure in his reforged armor. He has no hair to speak of, and his face is very weathered, his voice deep and gravely. He is quite muscled for a Forsaken, a mark of his great physical strength.

Special Abilities: None, other than a lifetime of battlefield training and proficiency in the use of nearly every weapon imaginable, as well as training in the martial arts.

Positive Personality Traits: Stoic, Thoughtful, Honorable, Cunning, Stubborn

Negative Personality Traits: Cold, Ruthless, Stubborn

Misc. Quirks: Dry, bitter sarcasm.

Theme Songs: Manowar - Mountains, Dawn of Battle

History: He was given the title, "The Lion of Arathi" by his comrades, for his incredible battle prowess, and his colossal warblade, the end resembling the head of a lion, with a glinting ruby for its eye.

A commander in the armies of the nation of Arathor, Afarium Yatokth fought valiantly in the battles against the Amani Trolls under the ultimate command of King Thoradin. Yatokth led his squadron into combat upon the weeks-long battle against the major force of the encroaching Amani upon the slopes of the Alterac Mountains.

But as the days grew longer without food, Yatokth and his squadron were sent to gather supplies. An ambush awaited them in the forests, and though they felled many Amani upon their blades, they were ultimately overwhelmed, and Afarium and his comrades were dragged, half-dead, to the Amani Catacombs.

There, the ritual sacrifices began. The strengthen the power of their crazed berserkers, the trolls fed the souls of Afarium and his comrades to the oversized Amani, extracted by enchanted voodoo crystals which were thrust into the heads of the men to harbor them. Their corpses wrapped in hexed cloth, they were hung as ornaments, the pulsing gems a morbid crown to their deaths, their spirits bound to the wills of the Amani.

But there was stronger magic at hand.

For the high elves of Quel'thalas, led by Anasterian Sunstrider, took the humans and taught them the ways of the Arcane. The voodoo-enraged berserkers were no match for the new human magi, backed by the power of the mighty Thoradin himself. And the Amani were slain, routed at Alterac, to be driven to their hovels in the north.

But the crowns upon the heads of the avenged dead still pulsed with captive life, doomed to dust the sealed caverns for thousands of years...

But the explosion of the Sunwell changed that. Years after the last of the blood of Arathor stained the top of Blackrock in Lothar's death, Arthas Menethil resurrected Kel'thuzad in the heart of Quel'thalas, extinguishing the Sunwell with a mighty explosion. The magical shockwaves sent by this event destroyed the once proud culture of the Quel'dorei, and also shook the foundations of the weakened voodoo magic, deep under the earth.

Not a year after, the spell broke, shattering the soul and spirit of Afarium Yatokth and his comrades back into their bodies.

But as they removed their aeons-old crowns and unwrapped the preservative hexed cloth, they found their bodies ravaged and defiled by the undead plague. They narrowly avoided slaying even each other, but they had bigger problems. The savants of the dead Trolls had also risen, corrupted by the same plague, and were hungry for the former humans' flesh.

With no weaponry but broken, rusted blades, they fought hand to hand to make their way from the catacombs. But in the end, wrapped in the billowing shreds of a once proud cloak, and cradling the remains of a once great blade, only Afarium Yatokth emerged from the tombs alive, to crawl his way to Brill, and find that he was not the only one of his kind...

And he spent weeks, even a month reading, reading upon what had happened since the days of his forefathers, and the emergence of the Orcs, the Tauren, the Kal'dorei, Dwarves, Gnomes.... And the splintering of the current world, the Alliance and the Horde.

After much painful experience in the new ways of the world, Yatokth found himself aligned with the Orcish view of life, and became a proud member of the Horde, first hoisting the banner of The Grinning Moon warband, before moving to his own organization, Grave, through a farce of leadership known as Forsaken Prophets, and finally, to the forging of his conviction...

The Raven Cross.

Backstory Events:

Skeleton in the Closet - The haunting mistake, with a life-shaping lesson.

Arathor and Vengeance - Blood, Battle, Blades, and Brothers.

New Story Developments:

Betrayal and Redemption - Yatokth is thrust into leadership in The Raven Cross.

Lightning Strikes - Yatokth pursues his friend, Diomades Riverhorn, into the next life.

War - The best defense is a good offense.

*Illi shrugged a bit* "I have met Yatokth, he served under Morn, many moons ago. He is a fine warrior, as I have fought with him in battles before. He strikes me as a bit noble though, but very deadly. Yeah.. I like him."

Yat is so strong...just like Morn. He...he was usually very quiet or i didn't hear him speak much but...but when he fought it was...it was like watching....it was amazing.

My interaction with this new leader has been limited at best. However, each encounter has proved him to be respectful and resilient. I would like very much to him more in the grounds.

I found I could rely on him during my dealings with him in the past. Assisted me with a very subtle situation. Seemed to show no remorse or pity for the lives lost in that matter.

From what I have seen of this one, he possesses great martial prowess. Every battle we share has ended in our victory. *He chuckles* I'd almost consider him to be as skilled as me, but that might be pushing it a bit far. Still, he is powerful in his undeath. Shame he insists on wasting that strength among the lesser races, instead of putting it to good use among his own.

"A good man - if enigmatic - and a damn good Prime Commander. I made him an officer purely off of foresight and it has paid off, but he still is a mystery to me. He is not at all unlike myself in what he believes, and while he has told me some of his history I still don't know what it is exactly that drives him."

I was not yet at the peak of my power, and certain death loomed as I sought to judge a strong a member of the Alliance who dared dwell into our glorious city of Silvermoon. I would of gladly died for the Horde that day but, the possibility of death was shattered with the arrival of a Forsaken named, Yatokth. He came charging with a sword that was the size of a grown man and helped to cut down our mutual enemy. Standing upon the ruin of our foe, we properly introduced ourselves. I won't soon forget his help that day, or his dedication.

"He is the master of his emotion, his rage. He channels it to such extents that his mind has forgotten how to show it. He is not alive any longer, he finds no enjoyment in the act of killing - only necessity. He, like Leoren, is not unlike me."

Unulu raises his right hand, letting electricity arc from his fingertips. "He is the creation of something evil become something much, much more. His destiny is set by the creeds he lives by. He is the master of his power."

Clenching his fist and quashing the electricity, Unulu smirks to the interviewer. "The only difference between Afarium Yatokth and I? Is that I never had compassion at all to begin with. I suspect that; given what he is? He and I will be fighting together for a long time to come. And I look forward to every battle."

*Rethius thrusts a dagger into the table he is sitting at, glaring at the reporter with bared teeth.*

"Yeah... I've met that corpse... Sent me packing off the side of Thunderbluff a time or two..."

*Rethius pulls the dagger from the wooden table and twirls it between his fingertips.*

"If I ever were to meet him anywhere other than on the field of battle..."

*The Dark Iron pauses a minute.*

"I would have to shake his hand - and then kill him, of course."

There is a devilish smirk on the rogue's lips as she speaks about the Forsaken, her gaze turned upwards, to the heavens, as she seems to think out loud.

"Prime Commander Yatokth? Mmm... The man of the hour, if you ask me. People were cheering at Leoren's speech at the end of the fight in Sunrock, but it was his iron grip on strategy and command that led us through that barrier of Holy energy that was Cavanaugh's attack. Mmhmm... the most competent leader I have ever had the pleasure of following."

And the woman sighs, bitting her lower lip.

"And what a... powerful... voice..."

(( Updated! I entirely revamped the profile - I didn't really change any major events, but whenever I would look at the writing of this, I'd cringe, so I just rewrote it so it wasn't so hideously bad. ))

His desire to be a leader has payed off for himself, as I watched him quickly rise through the ranks of the Raven Cross. While undead, this one doesn't seem to really consider himself one of the Forsaken.

I wonder what he fights for, the survival of the Horde he so vehemently defends, or his own personal glory.

While I do not imagine he would betray anyone, I am not quite sure if I trust his motives.

We have watched this one for such a long time. We have seen his downfalls, the loss of his love, the death of his friends, and We wonder how it is he hasn't found Us sooner. Nonetheless, We will find him. We will take him into Our arms, and we will watch him suffocate on his own agony.

"He is not to be underestimated. I see him and I know the rest of the Cross are not far behind. A worthy foe and a powerful fighter, he must be dealt with like the rest."

(( edit: your first name reminds me of afro man lol ))

(( edit: your first name reminds me of afro man lol ))

(I was gunna go raid, but then I got high. Was gunne get some lewt, but then I got high. Now I'm casting bladestorm in alliance towns, and I know why! Because I got high, because I got high, because I got hiiiiiigh. Ah la dah dah dah dah dah)

Trysteza smiles slowly, her eyes narrowing.

"Let us just say, when I see him I know I am in for a real fight. I am tested each time we come to blows. I hope I can one day enjoy the pleasure of ending his wretched existence myself."

((Love that the Guard is listed as one of his enemies.))

Saulle closes his eyes and sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose and remaining silent for a few moments. "I've encountered him a few times--one time too many as far as I am aware. Each blow dealt to him, he returns tenfold. I've barely escaped with my life each time and I have no wish to see that face of his again if it can be helped."