Vionora

Notice - The Infection [[Open]]

The following article was run in every major Horde newspaper:

Several Blood Knights fell ill last evening.

Their illness was discovered after many of them had gone on a rampage through Silvermoon City, decimating everything between them and the next source of mana, which they consumed at incredible rates. Several innocent citygoers who were unfortunate enough to have mana pools did not survive the incident.

After those affected were gathered up, it was determined that they all bore a strange mark on their hands: two overlapping circles, surrounded by a larger circle. The elves who inspected this mark too closely quickly succumbed to the madness themselves and joined the ranks of their patients. In total some two dozen elves, most of them Blood Knights, had to be individually quarantined.

None were able to be questioned well enough before becoming ravenous, wretched monsters for the cause or source of the disease to be discerned. They are being kept alive through careful infusions of arcane magic.

It is advised that all residents of Silvermoon exercise caution and avoid public places where infection could easily occur for the time being.

Jadey Eyes bleated in fear and annoyance as she charged through the roads of Silvermoon City... Behind her was a Blood Knight chasing after her at a full sprint, while on top of her was Rand, who annoyingly wouldn't stop pressing his heels into her side. The young hunter ignored his mount's vocalizing, looking down to Keltag who was snarling and looking back at the knight in temptation to turn around and maul him, but he didn't have the ok from Rand, and thus kept his place at the running Talbuk's side. Rand then looked back to the knight who looked completely crazed and insane, drawing his crossbow with an arrow and then sending it flying.

It was a carefully aimed shot... meant solely to hit the knight right in the folds of his plated boots right at the top where the shinguard met the metal covering the top of the foot. The knight screamed in sudden pain, then almost comically fell forward right on his face.

Well, that was the end of that annoyance. Rand continued to watch a couple of seconds when some pursuing guards finally caught up and went to work restraining the crazed paladin. They could deal with the fool's mana feeding frenzy, he had more urgent matters to attend to.

He released his heels from the Talbuk's side and let her slow to a trot as he exited the city's gate, his eyes looking forward to the direction of Fairbreeze Village, where the letter he had received had said they would be...

Szordrin sat at his desk within quarters as he fumbled through his news paper. He was becoming more and more concerned with the pressing matters in Silvermoon. On one hand there was whatever this plague might be and the other was that it was mostly targenting his own brethren: Blood Knights.

This is quite a set back, he thought. He had been preparing for his last two tests to becoming a full fledged Warrior of Light.

Szordrin continued to read the article, setting his mind into a crazed race. "I hope Ninorra isn't tainted from this plague...", he muttered. It had only been a few hours since he had searched for her over the Hearth.

"I need to go to Silvermoon. There's too many there I care about to not know if they're alright", he stated to himself.

With that, he set down the news paper, pushed his chair into his desk and packed the essentials with just one accessory: his violin.

I hope even -she- is alright, he thought before leaving his room. The Blood Knight closed the door behind him and left the Sanctuary Compound.

**From a head on view a news paper can be seen shaking gripped on its sides stressing the paper two small hands that shook just as much, her legs and feet trembled dangling over the balcony in Fairbreeze village as Jazziks sat reading the post**

Oh no, its getting worse *she muttered sobbing and choking on guilt* All my brothers wishes...his dark wishes coming true, the Sin'dorei the Knights. Damn my fears, damn them all but they do not deserve this!

**tossed the paper to the ground in a fit of overwhelming frustration she took off her glove and glared at her cursed mark hand** This is not right, I have kept my mark covered since that first night I woke in Ratchet and have ordered Jeshua to do the same so he does not infect anyone further.

*closed her eyes in though tears still trickled down her face*

I must find the rest of the Rangers...I must be responsible and find all my men, they are not Sinaku's men any longer not while he is not himself *she spoke to herself crying as if she tried to instill some means of courage*

**she then worked swiftly to produce a list of names of Rangers of the Dark Sun, this she would show Xara and Rannoch along with what remains of the fellowship of the eclipse, they had to contain this out break before everyone was to weak or dead to fight her brother**

Qabian grumbled something about the idiocy of Blood Knights making it difficult to walk in Silvermoon, and turned the page to read the rest of the paper. He certainly didn't fear for his own safety, and he had too many other problems to worry about to bother with the outbreak, although he dreaded hearing what the Magisters may intend to do about the matter and whether they would request his presence in dealing with what was obviously none of his concern.

Bir turned the notice upside down, carefully stroking his chin as he read it through. The whole concept was far too amusing to the little elf, a wide grin parting his thin lips. After reading it again, to be sure, he burst out into a dark laughter.

Good thing Kovan's not a knight and good thing we're in The Barrens..

(( Assume this is a personal account of the night in question in Silvermoon ))

"STAND DOWN!"

It was no use. The two young Blood Knights were oblivious to anything other than the young acolyte. The poor girl was being held tight by one, her delicate arms pinned tightly behind har back while his companion stood before her terrified face, his hands upraised. Their faces were twisted in masks of crazed rage, their lips drawn tight in feral snarls.

The tell tale blueish glow of channeled siphoning had already enveloped both assailants, while the young woman's body arched in agony against the restraining hold of the knight behind her.

Skafloc shifted the weight of his spear in his hands, brought his arms up high and took two leaping strides forward. As he landed on the second stride he swept the spear down hard towards the first blood knight's helmet. The flat of the spear smashed into the steel helm with a resounding crash, staggering the blood knight. He went down on one knee, the ribbon of blue mana energy flowing between him and the girl extingished. With a return swing Skafloc caught the knight on the chin, sending the helmet careening down the stones of the Bazaar. The knight collapsed like a wet sack of tubers.

He twirled around swiftly, anticipating the attack from the knight's companion only to see he was oblivious to anything other than the girl he held. Her face was pale, cheeks sunken and eyes bulging. With a savage thrust Skafloc sent the spear singing past her left ear, the hooked prongs cradling the blade of the spear head catching the blood knight across his neck and driving him back. His grip held fast on the girl however and both went down to the ground in a tangle of robes, armor and limbs. Skafloc straddled them both and swung repeated blows on the knight's head until he was rewarded with the sight of his eyes rolling back and his grip fall limp.

Stooping he snatched the girl's arm and pulled her unceremoniously away from the prone knight. A quick check of her pulse confirmed she was still alive, barely.

Seeing that she was stable, he went to each knight in turn and with the toe of his boot flipped their hands over. The black and white symbols on each were plain to see.

Around him the city alleys and squares echoed with distant cries for help and screams of distress intermixed with howls of rage. He paused only briefly to truss up the two knights with the straps of their armor and carrying the woman to the shelter of a nearby shop. Several heavy kicks to the bolted door were needed before the terrified merchant opened his little spy window to verify it was safe.

"This woman needs care. See to her." He said without preamble. The merchant reluctantly opened his door to admit the ranger, guiding him to an empty chair in the lobby.

Seeing that she was safe he ventured back out into the city.

Securo looked down at his hand seeing the red mark then back at the paper he had found on the street. He didn't see any abnormal marks. One of the Blood Knight pictures on the cover of the newspaper that had been infected had been one of the ones who had tried to arrest him the other night. Securo walked quickly toward the port out of silvermoon bringing his hood over his head again to hide his face from the questioning looks of Blood Knights. They probably wouldn't stop him, he was just like any other elf in Silvermoon, until they got a look at his eyes that is. If he had been infected... he wasn't going to stay here to figure this out. He was going to find Darthak or Sriin and have them do what they could to get this fixed. Either that or he was going to sneak back into the prison M'uuru had been kept in to steal enough power from the light to cleanse him of it. Hopefully, though, he wasn't infected. He couldn't be sure at this point.

Swerto laughed loudly as he looked at the article. He didn't know any Blood Knights personally, but he knew that this probably hit them right in their stuck up faces. He hadn't laughed this hard in a while. Well it might be a good idea to let Keraph know about this. Silvermoon is directly linked with Undercity, so there was a chance this infection could spread to the Forsaken. It might even be a good idea to temporarilly shut down the port.

Naheal read the article slowly. "So... It begins. Hmm. Should I get the rest of the Order involved in this..." He slowly stood from his resting spot in Tranquillen when he heard a voice nearby. "Knight. Come with me."

He looked down towards where the voice came from to see nothing. "Wha..." He shook his head. Nothing. He turned and walked down towards the road to Silvermoon. If it is true, then I'll need to get to Silvermoon as soon as possible. Those people there will need help.

Alana squatted in the bushes outside Ratchet humming to herself when she noticed a fluttering piece of paper drifting lazily by her on the breeze. Reaching out she snatched it and examined it.

What's this? Infection? Blood Knights? That figures. Getting what they deserve. Great Mother I hate that city.

She squinted over some of the articles. Ugh! Words words words. So many words. She thought dreamingly about her orc lover and how she never needed words to whip Alana into a lustful frenzy.

The huntress shook her bottom a few times and then looked around her for a moment. Huh. She looked at the paper and shrugged, folded it neatly and patted the remainder of the wetness from her before burying it in the ground putting all thought of the Blood Knights' woes behind her.

Solenev left the breakfast table and the folded newspaper behind as she snuck into Styxen's room. She lifted one of his hands and peered at it, saw nothing, then put it down. The other was underneath his stomach but she daren't wake him. She sat on the floor and watched him nervously. Symbols were popping up everywhere, dangerous runes, dangerous signs.

You can't believe everything you read, but just to be sure. She pushed him over to his protests and grabbed his hand, peering at it closely.

A new article:

A second outbreak occurred the next evening, once again mostly amongst Blood Knights. This time authorities responded more quickly and were able to question those infected about where they may have contracted the disease. It was determined that those who had not been in contact with an already infected person had all spoken to a Quel'dorei woman with blonde hair and notably dark skin for the commonly pale race. She is being sought for questioning at this time.

"We need to bring in every Highborne walking the streets," one Blood Knight told the reporter, wishing to remain anonymous. "I don't know why we let them walk around, anyway -- they obviously delight in seeing us suffer, simply because of what we must do to stay alive."

Those who contract the disease seem to have their magical addiction increased beyond a tolerable threshold, and as such races without the addiction do not seem able to contract it. Rumors abound about what happens to those infected if they are not given a source of mana on which to subside.

"His eyes changed to slits and his hands turned into huge claws!" one doctor reportedly exclaimed. "If there hadn't been three Blood Knights there to take him down, he'd probably have gotten loose into the city."

Such rumors, however, are unsubstantiated by the guards who are keeping the infected in quarantine.

Naheal continued through Fairbreeze. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary there. Once Fairbreeze was out of sight, however, Naheal heard a snap nearby. He stopped dead and drew his warblade. "Who's there? I'm not in for games."

Looking around, he caught a Blood Knight initiate. She seemed slightly wounded, but her eyes flared and her weapon was drawn. And something about her gave him an uneasy feeling. "Initiate, sheathe your blade and I'll assist you." She then raised her blade and charged after Naheal. Reflexively, Naheal took a knee, and rose to his feet, using the momentum of the Warblade to cleave into her. His demonic strength continued to force the blade up and through bone, sinew, and mail. The Knight quickly dropped. "And infected one, hmm? Maybe I'll get there too late. Though, I pray not.." His blade in hand, he broke into a run towards Silvermoon. If it is Sinaku, then I may be out of time. I doubt I can take him on my own.

((Dyiana))

A blink.. Dyiana read the notice posted up on a pillar as she entered Silvermoon again, eyes going a bit wide at the notice, alarmed that the infection was spreading... though she didn't know how. The others surely kept Videlle and Jazziks under close watch... and Elek was smart enough to know how not to spread it. Her thoughts lingered on whether she had done something, but this time she was sure it wasn't any of her doing. She hadn't let anyone touch where the mark was, and most of the time she had on a glove to keep it hidden as well as contained.

But now... infected people were being quarantined, and so far the only ones were Blood Knights. However, Dy knew it was only a matter of time before others got infected and she hugged her torso nervously with her right arm and hand being tucked closest to her midsection. The mark on her hand had gotten worse, and it constantly but a drain on her that sooner or later someone here would catch onto. She had to leave... though her problem stemmed from just arriving.

But, she had to take the risk. Hopefully no one would notice her hasty retreat before she reached the portal back to the Undercity...

(( Don't know if this is Horde only, but I'm going to jump in anyways. ))

Ryoku was sitting quietly in a corner of the Deepwater Tavern in Menethil Harbor, sipping his tea lightly. He hated inns. They were far too loud and the smell of booze was everywhere, but as much as he didn't like it, he knew he had to comply, if only for a little while.

As he was in mid thought, he was startled by a booming voice from next to him. "Can I get ya anythin' to drink, lad?" said what must have been a Dwarf who had managed to walk right next to him. "Or are ya jus' gonna sit 'ere and take up space in my bar?"

Already annoyed with the Dwarf for shouting so very loudly in his sensitive ear, Ryoku snarled slightly under his hood. He didn't take kindly to rudeness. "No, Dwarf. I am fine" he said, motioning towards his tea. "I am meeting someone here, and I'd find it quite... Pleasant if you found it in your heart to leave me alone until she gets here. It wont take me long."

"Oh no ya don't there, laddy. Bar rules are either ya pay fer a room, or ya pay fer a drink. We don't tolerate freeloaders here at tha Deepwa'er." Ryoku sighed with annoyance. He didn't have time for this nonsense, and he couldn't get kicked out of the Tavern. "Fine, I'd like you to get me a pinot noir for my friend. She should be here any time." The dwarf sighed, dissaprovingly. "Womens drink. Very well, we'll get ya tha drink." As the dwarf walked away. Ryoku couldn't help but think Emphasis on She, drunken asshole. God I wish she'd get here.

Almost as if on cue, a short, hooded figure walked into the bar, and took a seat next to Ryoku. He didn't need to see to know it was her, he could tell by the soft, plop her feet made as her heel hit the ground, and the even softer plop of her toes following as she walked on the wood. "Took you long enough." said Ryoku, making sure to sound as annoyed as possible. "I got you a drink, it should be coming. You should know that I didn't want to, though." The small figure giggled lightly in her squeeky, gnommish voice. "I'm happy to see you're making friends, Ryo. You know, it wouldn't kill you to be polite." Ryoku snarled at the comment. "I was the one being impolite? I felt I was decent as any person should be with a Dwarf yelling in their ear, spewing spittle and a breath that smells of booze all over their face." At that, the little gnome cackled almost hystarically, causing her hood to flop off her face, exposing her messy light-blonde hair.

Ryoku looked down in embarassment. He didn't really like being made fun of, and the Gnome's comment kind-of hurt his feelings. After noticing his head drop, the little pink haired gnome stopped laughing and touched Ryoku's arm. "I'm sorry, Ryo. I-I just. Thinking of you being spit on by a Drunken Dwarf and not causing a fight.. I'm proud of you."

After another moment of Silence, the gnome jumbled around in her bag. "I erm.. I have something for you.. A book. I worked really hard to Translate it for you, I hope you like it!" She squeeked as she found the book and moved his hand on it. Ryoku's eyes seemed to light up as she placed his hand to book, and he quickly opened it and felt the pages to feel the bumps that Ryoku was so familiar to using to read. The bumps were a curious written alphabet the Gnome he was talking to's mother had Developed for a Blind friend. The alphabet, which the inventor dubbed Bubblewrite, was the only way Ryoku could read, and books like that were very hard to come by. Ryoku smiled (which wasn't something he did very often) in the gnomes direction. "Thank you." he said.

At that moment, a human ran into the bar shouting "Everybody! Word has it the Blood Elves in Quel'Thalas are having great trouble!" At this, every head in the room was turned towards the messanger, their eyes begging him to continue. "Well... It seems theres some sort of disease that's plagueing the Blood Knights. They're attacking their own people and draining them of their mana. They're destroying their city from the inside! I even have proof! This newspaper article was snagged and translated from a Newspaper posessed by a captured Orc!" This message was brought with cheers from most of the crowd. Blood Elves were hated enemies of the Alliance, and it brought happiness to the Tavern-goers to hear that they are falling. Ryoku, however, was not cheering. He wasn't even clapping. He instead checked his hilt for his dagger, and took his staff from the wall next to him. As he stood up, he gave the book back to the gnome, and began to leave the Tavern.

As he was walking out of the walled harbor, he felt a near the middle of his cloak, followed by the familiar high-pitched voice. "You can't really..." his Gnome-Friend said. "You'd be stupid."

"I have to." said Ryoku. "As a Druid, it is my duty to keep the balance of nature, and restoring the land from destruction and plague." the little gnome huffed Angrilly. "You and I both know you're not a member of the Cenarion. You have no duty to the Blood Elves... Please, just don't go.. It's too dangerous." Ryoku pushed her off of him, sending her falling to the mud. "I.. Have to. If I do this, the Cenarion might recognize me.. They might give me a chance." and at that, the Druid leaped into the air, transforming into a leopard in mid leap, and darted north. To the Plaguelands, to Quel'Thalas.

The poor gnome sat up and took out the book, hugging it tightly as she sobbed. She couldn't handle the thought of losing Ryoku, one of her only friends. Not after losing everybody in Gnomeragan...

(( I'm sorry for the really long post. I'm currently trying to introduce Ryoku more to the TNG to compliment his new Character Bio. I'm also sorry if Alliance aren't wanted in this little forum Rp, just tell me and I'll create an intervention that keeps Ryoku from reaching Quel'Thalas. (I just liked the storyline this Rp had. Good job, guys!) ))

((I have no problem with it, except you're probably not going to be in on much since you'd like... get killed on site in a lot of the places major stuff happens in. >.> Not to mention, the whole language barrier thing in game.

My chars are up for interaction though. :o ))

(( I'm sorry for the really long post. I'm currently trying to introduce Ryoku more to the TNG to compliment his new Character Bio. I'm also sorry if Alliance aren't wanted in this little forum Rp, just tell me and I'll create an intervention that keeps Ryoku from reaching Quel'Thalas. (I just liked the storyline this Rp had. Good job, guys!) ))

[[ Your concerns are totally unfounded! Long posts are great first of all, and second of all, I don't know why someone would deliberately ask Alliance to stay out. It may be difficult for you to interact with us in-game but that doesn't mean we can't get together on the forums! Please feel welcome! ]]

((Blood sail and Cartel are working together in this I don't see why Alliance and Horde can't either :) that would be so cool))

>><<>>><<>><<>><<>>><><>><>>><>><>><>><><>><><><>>><><><>><>><><

**The young Quel'dorei girl ripped the paper in two in a fit of frustration the once shy timid girl yelled and sobbed up turning furniture and breaking dishes. She was afraid now she'd be hunted by the Sin'dorei people of Silvermoon. After her tantrum ended she laid under a table, a sobbing heap on the floor.**

Why, why, why can't you stop this brother! Does...your hate have ending?

**she yelled punching at the floor, her strikes were weak and shaky. She did this for only a moment before she heard voices many voices downstairs. She quickly silenced herself and crawled to the balcony and looked slyly over the ledge.**

Inn Keeper - Yeah, there's been a girl staying here for a few days now. She stays with ah..Tauren, a Troll and a Orc. Them strange people and a bunch of Sin'dorei.

Silvermoon Guard- You didn't speak of the girl being Sin'dorei then, tell me are her eyes a brilliant blue and have you witnessed her touching mana shards feeding her addiction?

Inn Keeper- **nodded and then shook her head** Yeah her eyes are blue, no she doesn't do that at least here though, I dunno. I think *paused for a moment* Yeah I think I heard her upstairs no to long ago, you guys wanna go check it out go right on up.

**the inn keeper stepped aside letting the guards make their way upstairs*

**Jazziks eyes grew wide and she gasped lightly, she scrambled to her feet and made a leap off the balcony into bushed near by. She laid low to the ground and inched herself away from Fairbreeze she had over stayed her welcome it seemed. Her fears were all coming true. She whispered to herself as she fled the Village into the woods alone.**

I must find all the Rangers, I must speak with them and tell them what we must do in all this. We are the hosts to this cursed ...thing, we must be more careful. I shall hold a meeting once and only once and for those who do not attend I'll give them fair warning the Guard will have their name.

If I am to lead them while my brother is...is, *she vanished into the night sobbing to herself**

Swerto watched as the Quel'dorei walked ran away.

"What could you be up to?" He said quietly to himself as he beckoned the the troll nearbye.

"What ya be wantin?" Hectammar said looking at Swerto. "How can da Frenzy be of service?"

"Simple. I want you to follow her and not be seen. She has dark skin like the article said. If she has any relation to this I want to know about it. Be quick Troll, or I'll speak to Nervar about your failure and possible punishment for it." Swerto said handing the ice troll a bag full of silver.

"That not be enough for dis, I want much more when dis be done." Hectammar said turning away and sprinting after the elf before seemingly dissapearing into thin air.

Securo removed the green metal glove and stared at his hand. The two circles had appeared, as well as the large one encircling it. Securo was horrified. Why had he not yet turned insane like the blood knights and the blood elves, was it because he was still Quel'dorei? Was it because he hadn't dealt with his addiction in the same way? He didn't know, but he hoped he would find out soon. Securo placed the metal glove back over his hand and headed toward Undercity. His shield felt a little heavier than normal.

(( Thank you so much! ))

Ryoku ran for many hours before taking rest in a Secluded spot in Alterac: The last barrier between him and the Hostile Forsaken, and the Plaguelands. He needed to sleep, but he couldn't do that. Not now. There was too much to think of. Too much to plan.

I need to figure out how I'm going to get to Quel'Thalas. Thought Ryoku. They say theres a portal in the Ruins of Lordaeron that leads people right in the keep of Silvermoon, but.. the chances of Blood Elves trusting me are slim indeed. No, I'll have to pray that I can brave the plaguelands safely, and get to Quel'Thalas that way so I can help from the Shadows.

Ryoku awoke just as the Sun was setting. "Damnit" he cursed out loud, spitting. He had managed to fall asleep for seven hours, which left him drastically behind where he wanted to be, but he assumed it for the best. He needed his rest for the journey through the Plaguelands, and now it was Night. It is common knowledge that the Kal'Dorei were nocturnal people. Night time was his prime time.

He got to the pass at Sorrow Hill shortly after, bursting passed the people there, who were dumbstruck at the golden cheetah with the peculiar pointy ears. After that, it was by luck alone that he got to the mountains north of the plaguelands. and crossed the Thondoril River near the mouth. He knew he was going to need direct help with the next part of the journey, and crouched down, and reached out with his mind.

Trees of this dead, forsaken forest. Thank you for helping me find my way through this forsaken forest so far, but I need more help. The lands where I go are places where the trees do not call to me. Please, be the sight I do not have, show me safe passage through Quel'Thalas. I beg you.

At that moment, several leaves of the nearby trees blew off of their branches and swirled around Ryoku before flowing foreward, as if they were beckoning Ryoku to follow. This was the sign he was looking for. He followed the sound that his gut told him was North.. They must have been taking him up the hills. They must be showing him some secret path to bypass the Plaguelands alltogether! He ran for two hours before the leaves suddenly lost the gust that carried him, and scattered on the ground.. He was there. He could feel new gloom. Gloom that only existed in the Ghostlands. After a small break, Ryoku, still in Cheetah form darted North, rejuvenated in mind, and spirit that he had finally made it to Quel'Thalas, yet always in the back of his mind was the sense that he would find more trouble here than he had ever found anywhere else in his entire life.

(( I appologize if you consider Ryoku's various alternative methods of getting around to be a bit... Godmoddish, as I sometimes find them to be, but I always like to see them as... Compensation god-mods for his blindness :D))

Naheal slowly approached Silvermoon, his warblade slung over a shoulder. Alright, who to look for... He kept a wary hand on his blade as he continued into he city, his eyes and ears open for any danger. "Blood Knight!"

He spun to meet whomever it was that spoke, his blade instantly drawn...

Swerto leaned against the Scarlet Monestary with his axe in his hand. The corpses of scarlets surrounded him, yet in the distance he saw a familliar face.

"Securo! You son of a bitch, you have the guts to come here?" Swerto spat running toward Securo with his axe on his shoulder.

"You're working for Darthak, and I know that means you're working for the cult of the damned, smartest thing you could do right now is turn around and head the other way!" Swerto said stopping in front of him. Securo just gave him a blank stare and pushed past him heading into the Monestary.

"What the fuck?!? Swerto said turning and watching him walk by. Usually by this time Securo had walked the other direction.