mrodar

Of Possible Interest to Role-Players and Lore Fans

Hey, I just joined up. I thought I'd share a WoW-related project I've been working on. It's a travelogue of the World of Warcraft, as told by an undead mage named Destron. Deston isn't badly decayed, so with some effort he can pass as a sickly looking human, so both Alliance and Horde territories are open to him. The travelogue is mostly speculation and creative license on my part, though I've been careful to avoid contradicting lore (and if I did this in any places, my apologies). It goes into the culture, society, history and daily life of Azeroth's inhabitants, so if that sort of thing interests you it should be worth a look. There are a lot of screenshots as well. You can find them here:

http://destron.blogspot.com/2007/10/introduction.html

There is no other word to descrive that other than exelence, and even that is not enough.

Fantastic Work!

It must have taken you many hours to accomplish that, it is very nicely done. You should publish it a bit more and perhaps Blizzard will take notice of it and put it in the community section.

I don't have enough time to read it right now, but I skimmed through and it's very well done. I'm planning on coming back and reading some of it this weekend when I have some time. :D

8O and wow... that is wonderful. I was going to hit the test realms when they came back up, but I might just have to finish reading. Wonderful job and I can't wait to read the next section.

Wow! These are amazing! I've only made it halfway through the second one so far, but I hope you continue to post them here for us!

Hey, thanks for the response! I'm glad to see people are interested. Anyway the next section (covering Ironforge, Badlands and Searing Gorge) is nearly done. I'm about halfway through the Searing Gorge.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

I submit these for sticky, lest they get lost in the dusty forum archives..

Perhaps form a single Lore sticky zone, to include these, and some of the other lore related stuff like Manus' troll lore, the language thread, etc..

(cross posted in the suggestion forum..)

By the way, I would greatly appreciate some more commentary, especially criticisms. I'd also be very happy to read any aspects or characters that you thought particularly interesting. Thank you!

I love the added pics, combined with the text it helps paint a vivid picture while reading.

Thanks. The pics gave me an excuse to go around WoW taking pictures of all the things that caught my attention.

Yes! You will! There are two reasons for the delay: 1) I did some extensive editing upon the travelogue, mostly in regards to grammatical issues (though I'm sure it's still rife with bad grammar) and 2) I got distracted by the Burning Crusade. I have explored Outland to my satisfaction, and am a few pages away from finishing the next section of the travelogue.

Also, the edited versions of North Kalimdor 3 and Central Kalimdor have not yet been uploaded. The links are currently broken, but I will replace them once the edited versions are in place.