Leoren

Leoren Evershine

Oh I like dis one! 'e provided some materials fer a new scope for Nymare last night. Dey be a cute little couple... Just when we was gettin' ta talkin' he went chasin off aftah some daft fool that thought it would be wise to try to insult Nym. A refreshin' change ta see a Blood Elf male not more concerned wit 'is 'air and smile, and actually goin' ta shed some blood fer sometin' 'e cares about. Too many of em are all talk no action, dis one seems much more entertainin'.

I look forward ta fightin' beside 'im at anytime in da future. If 'es 'alf as good as 'is lady, it will be a damned good time.

Rennalysia smirks at the mention of the name.

"Yes, Leoren Evershine. Met him earlier tonight, after hearing a few whispers here and there about him. They were right. He seems kind, handsome. And he has a strength, that I could feel almost immediately. I would love to get closer to that power...I think I may have to run into him again sometime."

She begins to walk away, before pausing and glancing back over her shoulder with a wink.

"The whispers were wrong about one thing though. He's shorter in person."

*Rosalynd sits in her room at the Inn. Tear, her black whelping rested atop the desk off in the corner. She walked over to look out of the window to the streets below.*

Leoren Evershine...

*Rosalynd pauses a moment, obviously in deep thought. She smiles for a moment before it quickly fades.*

It would sound repetitive by now... but you truly are amazing man. Outside of my trainers and the initiates that trained along side me, you were the first Blood Knight that I had the immense pleasure of speaking with. I have known you for a long time now...

*Sighs as she leans against the wall, her head rested back against it.*

Quiet the busy man... It kept me from getting to know you better when I was still fresh in training... however I made it point to find out more. With more training I was able to fight by your side on the battlefield on many occasion... An excellent warrior. You truly is a model Blood Knight. I hope to be like you one day... or to even be a fourth of what you are would be an honor. Not a "Paladin" or a "Sun Knight"... or "Holy Knight"... not chaotic and corrupt.. but a -true- Blood Knight. You are what I aspire to be.

*It was obvious he she had much more she would like to say but was reluctant to.*

Nymare is a good woman for him. Beautiful... intelligent.. and quiet deadly. They fit so well... they are both lucky.

And Zelaine, your sister... and awe inspiring mage of great power and beauty. I am glad I know her through my serving the mandate.

Though... last I saw you, you were not yourself. You seemed so distant and cold. And now I see notice of you under Court Marshal by our own Order..!

*Looks down, still leaning against the wall.*

Leoren...

Illiyana did not seem too joyed with the mention of Leoren.

"Hmm.. Leoren. He always struck me as someone so noble and dedicated. Handsome as well."

She grinned only slightly..

"He got me out of a few icky situations in the past. I never got to return the favor. He just.. sort of disappeared all of a sudden. Well..wherever he ended up, I hope he is doing well. Thats all I really have to say about that."

I'm under his command now. He's quite the leader. ...His lips taste good too. Wait, did you write that down? Better not.

It was as if I'd seen a ghost...Evershine, in Booty Bay! I wonder if I should keep quiet...that Inquisitor seemed pretty serious about that threat on my life. But think of the chances for promotion if I can capture anyone close to him...all I have to do is point the Knights to Booty Bay...or should I?

Who is he, really? What's the man like if I could talk to him for even five minutes?

Xara smirks widely this time as Leoren is mentioned.

"Oh yeah, I know him. Met him awhile back, first thing that struck me was of course his good looks, the second was that everythin' I said baffled him! Seriously, I don't get what was so confusin'."

She giggles for a few moments, then calms, though her smile remains.

"I've got ta know him a little better since then. He caused some ruckus awhile ago I understand, but he's settled down now. And... Ya can tell just by lookin' at him, this is where he's meant ta be." She pauses to nod a moment, struck by her own words, then continues.

"Every day the Cross becomes more and more formidible under his guidance. He's attracted some of the best minds to his side as well... He was born ta lead, ta inspire. No doubt of that." The trolless taps her chin in thought, then giving her company a sidelong look of amusement. "Even if some of the simplest things in life seem ta confuse him."

"But in all seriousness..." Xara shrugs. "He's a good leader thus far. A man I'm glad ta have takin' me and my crew seriously. Many challenges lie ahead for him though, I'm sure... I hope fer the best fer him and his."

He seems a noble man, with high ideals that place him above the rabble walking the streets of Silvermoon these darks days. He has rallied a ragtag group of individuals to his banner, and intends for them to to serve as examples.

Can he hold us together? Is he strong enough to forge us into the shield and blade he desires? I suppose we will have to see, in time. But I am willing to try.

I know of him.. I've seen him, defending Halaa.. But never truly met him.

I've heard rumors that he has a sword greatly similar in design to my own.. 'Tis intruiging, I may pursue this further one day.

Of course I've heard the rumors and the gossip.. But I don't put much stock in it. I reserve my judgement until I meet him myself.

There was a slight chuckle in response to being asked of Leoren. "Ah, Leoren Evershine, what a fitting name... he truly is remarkable and I can't imagine how anybody would have a bad word to say of him. It's almost disgusting, really. Shining beacons of righteousness like him make me look all the worse."

The ex-pirate was silent a moment, green eyes glowing in the faint light of the fireplace he sat by. "...Yet I would defend him without question, should the need arise. I would do no less after all he has done for me."

Feralmoon sighs and puts a hand over her eyes. "Honorable, tolerant. I'm caught between wanting to smash his face on something hard, and enjoying his presence....He can be a bit self-righteous if you understand me."

"However, I honestly can say that I would stand by this elf and do as he orders. I respect his causes and his values, even if they are a bit...flakey."

I nevah 'ad a problem wit dis one, but I ain't gots a damn clue what 'appened wit 'im and Nym. All I know is 'e still kills Alliance, and she be killin' em in droves so whatevah it was, it ain't all dat bad I guess.

I dunno bout some o' da company 'e keeps, but den again... look at me crew *laughs*

"Leoren?" she says with a brow quirked, "He's a capable leader- I remember the first night I traveled with the Cross. I was about to leave for the tavern in Booty Bay when Leoren called me back and made sure that I stayed with the group." A corner of her mouth quirks up in a smile. "He cares for his people with all of his strength, even the new recruits. I respect him and I hope that I prove myself under his guidance."

Aphraelle turns to face the questioner with an eyebrow raised and a slightly mocking smile.

"Now why would you ask a warlock concerning a champion of the Blood Knights?"

She chuckles, then grows serious.

"To be honest, I don't know him that well, I've only once spoken to him at length, when I joined the Raven Cross not long ago. He is well-spoken and clearly passionate about the wellbeing of every member of the Cross..." She pauses, then continues, "I should be immune to such things, but he's oddly charismatic. I find myself hoping that I will prove myself worthy in the Patriarch's eyes. Very strange..."

Her voice trails off and she appears lost in musing for a moment, then abruptly recollects herself.

"I really think that's all I can say. Shadows guard you." She curtsies gracefully but with an air of finality, and takes her leave.

Interesting man. It's a damn shame that duty would bring my sword to his throat if I were to see him in my city. A damn shame.

Leoren Evershine... The man I have come to love with all my heart.

It's hard to explain, even to myself, how all these feelings and changes have come to be. It's almost as if I've completely forgotten myself, lost in his life and my devotion to it. I remember when he was a young adept.. foolish and full of hesitation. I was above him then.. His superior, his mentor. Well, at least I like to think so. He had so many questions, and so few that he actually asked. I'm glad he's found the answers for himself, the journey has made him strong.. made him the man who saved my life. He found me, betrayed and alone.. drifting and broken. He gave me hope and brought me purpose. It all started from there.

I began to see things in him that I admired, he quickly won my respect and made me proud with how much he had surpassed me.. and.. there was a fondness that hadn't been there before. I hoped for him, for his life.. for the Raven Cross. I did everything I could to protect and advise him. It almost became second nature.. And then, when I almost lost my life to the blade of an assassin intended for him, I realized how afraid I would be without him. That.. I loved him.

Circumstances however, would be cruel. He was lost in hope for another.. I foolishly told him how I felt, desperate and weak. It ended badly, he broke my heart.. and shunned me. The pain of it all almost drove me away. Were it not for his turmoil.. I would have left. Why did I still love him.. Why did I still care and seek to advise and support him..? The nature of it all? Stupidity.. I don't know. I was strong before him, Independent before him. Or was I? Indeed, he found me as nothing. And so I remained, my heart bleeding, and my mind screaming for me to run. If he were truly happy... maybe then. But I could see through him, his unguarded moment bearing the pain and hopelessness he fought. He was hurting... his heart bleeding like my own. So I smiled when it hurt. And did what I must. He did not ask it, but I forgave him... and set him free. I made the choice to conciously seek what was best for him.. I left my feelings behind.

So much has happened since then.. So much said, so much changed. I am filled with both great hope, and deep hesitation.. But I press on, for him.. and for me. I will not let fear or the hurt that still scars me hinder what may be. I love him, and that is without condition. Whatever choices he makes.. I will respect. Though I will always hope for my arms to be the ones he finds solace.. comfort.. and strength in.

I know little of the history of this elf, but I do know that he is one of the few things that keeps the Raven Cross together. While so many are interested solely in their own personal gains, he and those closest to him actually make the effort to assist those who need help.

While I willing serve under him because of his rank and the tabard on his chest, it is because of who he is that makes me want to.

Our illustrious leader...

I'd really only heard of his exploits through Dio. I'm not one for gossip or the like, so keeping up with the times isn't easy, but I know enough now to have my own impression.

My experience with elves tended to be negative. Stank of magic, and attitudes to match (not as bad as sulfur, though). After all he's been through, betrayal and worse, I can't imagine how someone could remain such composure, even when faced with the constant bickering of his underlings. I'd have lost it by that point and bloodied them up a little. Still, although resentment might linger amongst those who opposed him, it's hard to imagine anyone hating him at all, although I suppose that's what's at the heart of all his troubles.

My Lord Skeptic. His world is dark, considering how passionately he embraces the Light. As distant and cold, but as brilliant, as a star in the night sky.

I am, however, proud to stand beside him, to wear the same colors, to fight for the same causes as this knight. He and My Lady are examples to me, a perfection to strive for; like My Lady, an elf I wish to befriend. Ours is a shadowy world where trust can be broken, and of all things, I wish to show him that not all people will one day turn on him.

Diomades frowns sadly at the mention of the Blood Knight. "I shouldn't have tried to stop him leaving. Balance needs to be preserved in all things, and trying to prevent the future is like trying to stop the wind from blowing... but why didn't he listen to me and try?"

Shaking his head, Diomades takes a deep breath and straightens himself up. "He's not the man he used to be. But I respect him no less for what he is now."

Raising his head slightly Illisade narrowed his eyes at the goblin. "So I hear this one is the leader of the Ravens.......None the less he has earned a new.....and unexpected respect from me. Being able to hold his grudges and allowing my daughter to walk safely." The Kal'dorei nodded before slipping on his mask and heading off.

*She blinks at the picture, screwing her face up to see him better* Yellow Hair was just jealous cause me and Llulu were friends... but he didn't hurt my daddy... so I won't wear his heart as a necklace. *She giggles* At least not right now.

Unulu lets his shoulders slump slightly at the name, narrowing his eyes slightly. "Leoren Evershine is... complicated. I think he sees the necessity in our actions now, but he does not condone them either. When he learned of what I was, he made a choice about what I would be. And he hated me for it."

Motioning aside as if pushing something away, Unulu continues. "Then I go and kill dozens of people, and he sees it fit to reference the action in front of the Raven Cross almost... proudly."

Unulu shakes his head and looks back to the interviewer with a smirk. "I cannot deny that I respect him. Such power and respect that he has comes only with having proven your value. I've seen the way he fights. He is not unlike me. A power bent to the will of a set of values. He hates me because I am what he fears he will become. A killer without passion. An entity made of necessity and war."