Aest

Aest Ressan

Full Name: The Deceased Lord Aest Hal'atharion Ressan.

Titles: Former Lord of House Ressan, Former Harbinger of Ruin, Former Grand Master of the House Ressan Pactkeepers.

Nicknames: None, Fortunately.

Age: Presumed deceased, through unknown causes. The exact age at the time of his supposed death is unknown.

Race: Blood Elf, originally a Highborne.

Hair: He had long, Blonde hair, usually tied back.

Skin: It was slightly tanned.

Eyes: They were Green.

Height: He was 7'6, very tall for a Blood Elf due to previously being a Highborne.

Weight: He was around 300 pounds made of height and muscle.

Build: He was somewhat more muscular than many Blood Elves. Aest is rarely seen out of his Heavy Plate-Mail Armor and has had many years to perfect his build.

Distinct Features: He had slight, but noticeable scar across his left eye once. Now, his scar is noticeably more black and pronounced.

Abilities: Aest's mastery of interpretation skills and keen alertness had allowed him to use the most subtle of hints to read intentions

Known Relatives:

Magus Anarona Ressan - Mother (Deceased)

Highlord Alibar Mal'adeus Ressan - Father (Undead)

Ellynia Ressan - Half-Sister (Whereabouts Unknown)

Favorite Colors: Red and Black

Disliked: Stupidity, Betrayal, Weakness and people who believe they have authority over him.

Hobbies: Exploring, Slaying Alliance, obtaining power.

Favorite Foods: Blackened Sporefish, Roasted Clefthoof and Lobster Dinners. He had a taste for fine bread as well.

Favorite Drinks: Exotic varieties of water, and Aged Wine, though he refused to get any more than slightly tipsy, and does not drink any before events.

Positive Personality Traits: Protective to weaker Horde, can be kind at times, loyal to friends.

Flaws: None, or so he would wish you to believe. In reality, his arrogance and superiority complex could have been considered flaws.

Exploitable Flaws: Curiosity, Quickness to Anger at times, Need for vengeance and will do near anything for power/knowledge, as long as it does not harm allies.

Biography: Lord Aest Hal'atharion Ressan, now deceased, was the son of Highlord Alibar Mal'adeus Ressan (Who is never seen in public) and his mistress, the now deceased Magus Anarona Ressan and was heir to the throne of his house.

House Ressan is a very well known and powerful semi-cult that practices capturing powerful Alliance, flaying their minds and employing them for the sake of House Ressan and the Horde. These so called "Pactkeepers" are no longer Alliance. They have none of their former memory intact and follow their master's command and nothing more. The methods of mindflaying which House Ressan uses are unknown to all but Aest Ressan, Alibar Ressan and a few very high ranking officers of House Ressan. All that is known is that this method is extremely effective with no chance of side effects or the Pactkeeper turning on anyone unless in instructed to do so. It is rumored that all of House Ressan has well over fifty Pactkeepers.

What is unknown about House Ressan, is how it's Pactkeepers are made. The answer is simple: Necromancy. Alliance are captured, killed, risen with the powers of Necromancy and subverted to his father's will. Who unknown to most, is a powerful undead Death Knight with the ability to control 20-30 Pactkeepers at a given time.

Aest was in service to The Grim through the last year of his life. He was a Highborne. Kept alive by unknown sources from House Ressan. He preferred to keep this a very unknown fact, due to most he would tell more than likely not believing him. In secret, his sources had been exhausted currently and Aest was slowly beginning to age near the end of his life, leaving him with a dour outlook on a lot of things. The fact that Aest was a Highborne may have been a reason for his superiority complex, not liking to be bossed around by races and individuals that did not even exist long after Aest had been born.

History: Aest was conceived by Highlord Alibar Ressan (Who is never seen in public) and the now deceased Magus Anarona Ressan during the settling of Quel'thalas. A few decades after Aest's birth, his mother was brutally murdered and raped by his father, who shortly after disappeared for a very long while. Aest took control of his house after his father's absence and spent many millenniums practicing Languages, War Tactics, Mindlflaying, Philosophy and Interpretation at many colleges including Dalaran University for the majority of his lifetime. Aest learned many obscure languages as well. Aest returned to his homeland after Dalaran's fall, only to find it under attack by the Scourge. Aest, still the head of his house, along with most of House Ressan managed to escape into Outland for a brief time. House Ressan played a somewhat large role in rebuilding Silvermoon, assisting Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider in capturing the Naaru in Tempest Keep and returning it to Silvermoon. Aest had found his father, after this time, who had changed for the worse and was now a powerful Death Knight. Aest's father had ceased control of House Ressan once more, making Aest the second in command.

After the Blood Knights were formed by Lady Liadrin, Aest wished to become a Blood Knight, to use holy powers against the scourge, as well as what he hoped would eventually be the downfall of his father. Shortly after, the Blood Elves were accepted membership into the Horde. Aest spent time painfully staying awake, learning Orcish and managed to learn it fluently in a mere week. This brought the total number of languages he knew to nine, which is impressive as rare as the languages he knows are. Aest was training as a Blood Knight, progressing along the ranks quickly, and was a Champion of the Blood Knights. Durings Aest's life, he had been married and widowed on three different occasions. The cause of death of his past lovers remain unconfirmed, yet Aest himself has many reasons to believe that his father is to blame, for this.

Current Status: Aest is currently gone and presumed deceased. The causes of his supposed death are unknown.

Theme Songs:

Tale of Revenge - Ensiferum (

)

Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage/Dio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqtvM4XtjPE)

One Last Song - Soil (

)

Stories Written:

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=8396 - A Blood Knight's Intervention

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=9893 - Alibar Ressan: A Memoir. (Expletives)

Journal:

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=8710&highlight=magically - A magically preserved journal.

His pactkeepers are most interesting little toys. I've witnessed them in action an a couple occations. It's like watching some dog preform tricks for it's master. *snickers*

Interesting gentleman, though sadly I seem to have been drug into an interesting bout between him and Cessily. *Her voice trails off, sounding slightly annoyed but somewhat amused.*

Aest has his moments. He can be a very fine man at times but he has a very abrasive brash nature as well that gets the better of him and can turn people against him. He has never offended me personally but he has to people I care about.

Total and absolute fool. Speaks back to his superiors. Acts drastically with little thought. Insists on being above and beyond everyone else far more than even I do. Thinks vermin can be "brought around". Needs to concentrate considerably more on death and considerably less on intrigue.

I have little to no use for him, but I suppose he must be kept around for other talents than what he demonstrates publicly. And I suppose he is always ready to leap into the fray. It is only external to combat that I have found him to be so... grating.

"Aest has never struck me as anything but a pompous ass who has to have the last word in any discussion and is utterly incapable of admitting his own flaws. Rather like Abric, actually, except Aest lacks in effectiveness."

"Aest needs ter learn when ter keep his trap shut, an' when ter respect 'is betters. Problem is, 'e don' see anyone as 'is better, an' that's gonna make a lot o' elder Grim right pissed."

Honestly? I've been trying very hard of late to find the good in people, and not the bad. I may have to make an exception in his case however. When I see him or hear his voice, all I can think is 'pompous ass'.

Well, he isn't a giant fire-breathing dragon or demon prince trying to destroy civilization as we know it. So there you go, something nice.

Although, he'd probably love to be either of those. Never mind.

*Jazziks frowns and spits on the ground at the mention of this name, her eyes narrow and she doesn't look the most bit pleased with you*

You will waste my time and breath speaking about that imbisal?!

*she tries to brush by you shaking her head*

I have training to do get out of my way!

*she pauses and turns to add*

If you really care to find this individual you can find him riding his charger around Slivermoon, his nose pointed high up in the air just like the arrogant champion that parades around collecting dust being useless to us all. Aye he is no better nor different, but in fact a worse man then you'll ever find!

*turns and walks away grumbling what you think might be the words "Sick freak" and "heartless slave driver".

I've fought alongside this man plenty of times, and I have no complaints. While I don't know much of his personality, I know that he has helped keep me standing plenty of times on the field of battle. Thats good enough for me.

Slay Well, Aest.

I ain't gonna claim ta be 'is biggest fan... 'e is arrogant an' tends ta speak words dat 'e don't know are gonna cause problems. 'e been bettah of late... just tunin' out rathah den prolongin' arguements.

Da boy kin fight though, an' dat be all right by me... I just wish 'e wouldn't talk about it so damned much....

Oh, an' 'e needs ta let us feast on 'is little pactkeepahs... at least aftah dey served whatevah use 'e says dey 'ave....

*Rosalynd sighs as she sits on her bed, looking at her sketch book. A blank sheet infront of her and a peice of graphite in the other.*

I don't know what to think of this man now. I haven't actually spoken to him in some time. He probably has no desire to speak to me... I don't blame him. Let him have his opinoins of me... just as I have mine of him.

I still find him an honorable Blood Knight and a loyal Grim.

*She smirks a bit as she runs the peice of graphite over the paper.*

And yes I still find him attractive as much as I despise admiting such things. Not that it matters anymore...

*She glanced up at, the now sleeping, Tear as she chunks the small peice of graphite at the creature.*

Damn it, Tear! You are suppose to be listening to me!

Aest and I had a friendly duel one day at Shepard's Gate. I t began as simply a "hey wanna cross maces for a bit?" to an epic struggle. I summoned the full force of the Earthmother against him for as long as I ever have ( and believe me whole towns like Darkshire have burned to the ground while I healed) and his Holy might held strong. Of course neither of us could be felled and rather than give he simply...kept coming...

Tenacious. Arrogant? Sure. Effective? Lets just say that as long he is busy in the field I would rather be near him than any other...

Cristok

I suppose stubborn wouldn't be inappropriate though...

" Aest? So that's his name. I always called him Pretty Pally. What?! Don't look at me like that. He is! He's got that shiney light hair, and the glowish armor. Yes his armor. That is what caught my attention. That wicked floating head piece thingie. HALO! That's the word. Yes. That thing is brilliant! I want one. N...Not an Aest, but a halo."

" Aest!? He have a very soft side, I assume many not ever get to see. I have seen it meself on occasion. I have trouble seeing him for the powerful Knight he is because of this. He is quite generous when it come to money, but I wish he be more open instead."

"Aest is a skilled fighter and his grasp on the Light is impressive. He has a quick aptitude to learning and possesses the capacity to adapt," commented Elek, a hand raising up to scratch his chin.

"It's either that, or he harbors such an astounding hatred for being proven wrong or losing... well, either way, it encourages change and as long as the change shall strengthen him in his service to Quel'thalas, all the better."

(( ... :3 HE'S NOT A JERK HE SMILES!))

Yeah I beat him up more than he beat me up and since I won! And since I'M the dominate one! ....He should lick my rod-- STAFF! My staff! You know, my weapon?

Ok stop looking at me like that you stupid goblin or I'll shove that notepad down your throat!

"Watching him and Elek fight was amazin'..."

Xara smiles, her expression vague at the memory. Then her lips curve into a more wicked grin.

"He ain't said but two words ta me, hell if I know why, but it sure makes him seem all stilted and awkward. He needs some loosenin' up! Surely talkin' to a woman ain't that hard! And I was only teasin' him about Elek a little bit."

Spent da most time I evah 'ad wit 'im outside a killin' situation... flings gold about like a sailor on leave, which suits me just fine.

Aye, definitely a bettah fellah den I taught.