Thalarios

Thalarios Cordring

Full Name: Thalarios Junipero Cordring

Nicknames: Thal; Thalaromes (usually used in spite).

Date of Birth: September 15th, year of the first war.

Race: Human.

Hair: Dark shade of orange.

Skin: Sun-touched.

Eyes: Pale green.

Height: 5'11.

Weight: 174/178 lbs

Place of residence: Booty Bay.

Place of Birth: Stormwind City.

Known Relatives: Marcus Cordring (Father, deceased) Anne Cordring (Mother, deceased) Jonathan Cordring (Brother, missing)

Religion/Philosophy: None to date.

Group/Guild affiliation: Scarlet Dawn.

Guild Rank: Knight.

Enemies: None at the moment, holding grudges is something that escapes his mindset.

Likes: Sunsets, Ale, Cigars, women, and spending time with close friends.

Favorite Foods: Cherry pie, Clam Chowder, Blood sausages, Dalaran sharp, and Omelets of any type.

Favorite Drinks: Cherry grog, Morning Glory Dew, Rumsey rum (preferably Black label), Mineral Water, and Dwarven stout.

Favorite Colors: Green.

Weapons of Choice: Usually a large War Staff.

Dislikes: Dwarven women, large fish, pirates, and most small animals.

Hobbies: Working out. Reading scrolls. Womanizing.

Physical Features: He has a mildly short nose, sharpened, chiseled face, and small chin. His eyes shine a pale green, radiating under the locks of deep orange hair. His jaw is covered in a short beard, pouty lips usually sticking out in the middle of the hair. He stands at 5'11, weighing roughly 175 lbs. His body is well toned and tanned from his time with the Cartel and Booty Bay residence. He has no large disfigurements, cuts here and there, nothing a nice trip to a Paladin or Priest wont fix.

Special Abilities: Knowledge. Engineering. Mining.

Positive Personality Traits: Intelligent. Lighthearted. Quick-witted.

Negative Personality Traits: Comes off rather strong, his sense of humor is somewhat dry and crude.

Misc. Quirks: He enjoys singing on his own time, preferably far away from others, likes nice haircuts.

Played by What Famous Person: Charlie Sheen.

Theme Songs: Love Street - The Doors

Brief History: Thalarios was born just weeks before the burning of Stormwind and death of his parents. Him and his brother were taken from the town (as the Orcs razed it to the ground) by a close family friend, and brought to live in the lands of Lordaeron. His childhood was uneventful, he lived on the country-side of what is now called the Eastern Plaguelands, regular visits to Stratholme and the capital city with his adoptive father and mother. At the age of 19, he was sent to Dalaran to learn the ways of the Magi. There, he worked as a bookie under a Gnome by the name of Jorby Firesprocket. He spent a year beginning his training. Usually keeping to himself, he kept a very small, tight-knit group of friends.

When Arthas stormed the magical city, Thalarios was busy tending to Jorby's plants in his mentor's spire, and realized what was going on when it was too late. The spires of the once great city began crashing to the ground, and in an attempt to save his life, he swiftly began channeling a portal out of the city. He awoke on the other side, stranded on a foreign beach. He wandered for days, eaten what he could in the swamp-like area, and surviving from beasts by hiding at night. He was found by a group of sailors fresh off the boat from Lordaeron, whom arrived with Jaina Proudmoore.

Again, he assisted a high ranking Magi in the battle of Mount Hyjal, serving as a scout for the frontlines of battle. When the Infernals began raining though, the Mage was crushed under the onslaught of fire and stone. Thalarios took up arms against the giant creature, and with much effort, was finally able to bring it down. As the mortal races celebrated victory, he left with a new outlook on life. His stressful problems were behind him, and it was time to take it easy. His travels took him, copperless, to the island of Kezan, seeking work. He soon met Sowell Spiritrock after a bumpy few odd jobs here and there, and began his life as an Enforcer for Zanzir Cobbleboom, a Goblin Trade Prince.

Which served him fine, until the shutdown of the Trade Prince's bodyguard venture. After that, he found work with a group known as Scarlet Dawn, seeking money from the plundering they commenced.

WoWScrnShot_082308_045648.jpg

"Hey there, pretty lady."

Played by What Famous Person: Charlie Sheen.

(I'll vouch for that.)

Thal's a good guy. Always has some scheme or another cooking, and as tempted as I am to throw some gold into the pot to see how it turns out, I already know: it's going to the goblins in less than a week.

Pfft. Humans.

Boo back.

I would not call this one a hero. Or a villain. Maybe a whore to numbers and goblins, making sure to keep them in his favor. Or maybe it is just luck? But no matter how soaked his elemental gets me, I still prefer my mages with fire.

See you at the gates, Thalarios. Yours or mine.

Was that crude? That might have been crude...

Selash scoffs, "I used to consider this human a good friend and coworker when I was with the Cartel."

He takes a long drink from his ale before setting it back down on the counter of the tavern, "It's just a damn shame we're on opposing sides now."

Thalarios Junipero Cordring... I do know this man.. He's an odd one, he is, but more importantly he's a good friend.. As much as he might hide that fact with his boistrously crude nature, and the gold-speckled glasses through which he sees.. He is a good friend.. and probably the only true friend I have left. In all reality, I probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Thal. At least not as I am now... We've been through fel together, him and I, and with the times we're in now, we'll likely return to fel again before it is all over...

But I wouldn't have it any other way... Yup, not any other way at all.

"He's a good man, and a mercinary at heart. Willing to do most things for enough gold." He smiles. "Must say, I rather like the man. Some of my own schematics are based on some of his devices."

Sifar just laughs before offering a single comment, "It appears his love, or need, fer gold nearly surpasses tha' of a goblin or a dwarf."

Still giggling quietly, she shakes her head and wanders back into the vaults.

((Dyiana))

"My common's not very good, but I think he was pleading for money in Shattrath the other day...

Maybe that's what he was hoping to get with his One-Man-Dancing-Show on the roof of the auction house in Silvermoon? I don't think anyone could throw coins far enough to get to him, if they were throwing coins at all.

I'm sure I'd find him quite nice and amusing if my understanding of Common wasn't so poor..."

Thalarios....haven't heard that name in a long time...too long. When he left the Cartel...I didn't give him a second thought. When the Cartel fell...I couldn't think. After everything that has happened with Carmen, Morwin, Nocohmis, Vyndette, Death, the Ancients....I barely had time to remember that there were things I needed as well...What I do remember was that he was an odd one...but he had my respect. Bit of a moron at times...but as am I. I'd say I wish him the best of luck in his ventures...but the Thal of today and the Thal I knew may be two very different people....

"Eh? That red-head man that runs around in brightly-colored dresses and wants money? Last time I saw him, he was claiming he invented a word or something... said it costs two-hundred gold to use it.

Good thing I've forgotten what it is!"

"He hangs around Illisade a lot and babbles on and on in Common. Seems like he's got a lot to say, until you have someone translate it for you to learn he's just talking about profits or making sex jokes that involve all the people in the room simultaneously."

"He at least doesn't seem to mind me being around. Seems quite neutral to the Horde. I am sure he's quite pleasant beyond all the crudeness."

"Ah, Thalarios, He's to fast to bite at times, but it does seem funny to see a mage running from a cat who's "Trying" to bite him, I wouldn't hurt him intentionally, then he might avoid me, then life would become even more dull..."

"Thal! Oh I do miss 'im, tha' one. He so a trouble maker, heh like me a' times I s'pose. "

she sighs

"This take me back to tha times o'tha Cartel. Sure i's still aroun' but eh, they toss us aside like common trash eh? Hm, I'll show you wha' trash can do lovie..."

she said as she rotated her dagger in hand

"Bu' Thal. He were one o' our bes' assassins. I'fact, I spot 'im in Dalaran soon af'er I arrive. I'd seek 'im out fo' a drink but I bes' be goin'. He shoul' expect a visit fro' me when I return, if I do..."

Joringil froze momentarily upon hearing the name and shook her head slowly before speaking.

"Thalarios? Yeah... you could say we've met. You could also say a lot of other things about him, but I don't think it will do much good. I would like to say that we're on the same side for the most part, but some things are difficult to forgive and impossible to forget... Excuse me. I have... some things to take care of... somewhere else."

Before any further questions can be asked of Joringil, she places a few coins on the bar and retreats quickly from the establishment.

Rohan looks at the goblin, a bemused expression on his face, "Ah, yes... I know Frosty. Not a bad mage... Only... He seems to be insane..."

Rohan takes a drink of honey mead and continues, "I'll give you an example... I believe it was how we met."

"It was in the Dragonblight, early in the assault upon the wrathgate, I came across this mage, frozen in a block of ice, surrounded by Mage-Hunters. I figured they were trying to capture him, or something. After fighting them off, wondering how I was going to thaw him out of his icy prison, the ice melted by itself... He looked around, bewildered, and commented "Uhhh, dude! Where'd all these guys come from?" I responded by telling him that they froze him in that block of ice. He then told me, that he froze HIMSELF. Naturally I inquired why, he simply told me, "Because of the big... Worm... Dude!"

The aforementioned "Worm dude" then desided to show up... It was a HUGE Jormungar worm!

"Naturally, I was scared shiteless, but covered that with annoyance by commenting; "Oh... That "Worm dude."" Frosty, on the other hand, just looked that beast in the face and then sent a water elemental running in a different direction, causing the Jormungar to chase after it. He quickly opened a portal, saying "Come with me if you want to live, bro!" which I did. I ended up in Dalaran... Ten feet in the air and horizontal. After my rough landing, I saw Frosty slow-fall gently down to the street I had fallen on saying, "You don't know slow-fall? Fool!""

Rohan stares off into space for a moment, "At least... I THINK that's how we met."

Diomades slowly stroked his goatee in thought after the mention of Thalarios. "I wonder if all these people suddenly turning female are the victims of some sort of twisted new plague."

Pausing a moment, he shook his head. "Thalarios is a good man. Known him since he used to be in the Cartel. I have a lot of respect for him."