l3rokken4ngel

Rosalynd Du Coudray

"she is twitchy, runny and not friendly to this one. She seems distant, but I promised her loves and smiles, so loves and smiles I shall make to her. She seems to be another of the tidal of Light Eaters in this city"

Lady Rosalynd Du Coudray... I recall well the day when this one sought me out for an honor duel. Though the evening had been spent in prolonged combat between my knights of the Fabled Order and the Grim as they launched the third siege of Theramore, I would not deny the request of a foe who would have the courage to challenge me to single combat.

We spoke first for a time, for I was curious what motivated such zealous convictions that drove her and her kind to strike out at the defenders of the Light time and again. With the tone of one speaking words learned by rote, she extolled the belief that peace can only be gained in one way--the complete and utter annihilation of either the Alliance or the Horde. Though I cautioned that such a creed professing only absolutes is one apt to lead blindly to one's own destruction through a never-ending cycle of escalating violence, I could not be sure that my words got through. Even when I invoked the example of Lady Liadrin who has taken to the true path of the Light towards reconciliation and redemption through a united battle against a greater foe, no reaction could be seen in her countenance.

Resolved that this meeting could not be resolved in discussion, we solemnly faced each other in combat. For what seemed like ages we struggled against each other along the shores of Dustwallow, each biding their time until the other's strength seemed to be waning. Like my words during our discussion, the strikes of my mighty greatsword could not reach her. Deflecting her counterattacks and withstanding the brilliance of her Light, I grimly held my ground. Once, Rosalynd cast a hammer of wrath at me, which impacted just as I managed to replenish my strength with holy light. Soon thereafter, I fought her to within a breath of her life, though my hammer of wrath was likewise a heartbeat too late.

As the sun dipped down into the sea, I knew the bout was drawing to a close. Behind the wall of her shield, Rosalynd had withstood the waves of my assault--even when I called upon the Light to imbue myself with the power and semblence of the angels. Gradually, she had siphoned my strength in the manner of her people, using my own spirit against me. It was with that power that she unleashed her final assault. The scales had finally tipped, I had not the strength to revive myself. And so it was that the titanic duel ended, with Rosalynd standing victorious.

Yet another reminder that the path to enlightenment is one without an end. As always, I must strive to hone myself into a more pure instrument of the Light. Yet for now, I bow in acknowledgement of a worthy foe. It is always refreshing to find such competence and skill, even be it in the form of an enemy.

Rosa? I owe her my life twice over. She's saved one of my charges, Videlle, and my own life after we were both mortally wounded. She doesn't ask questions, just does what she needs to. I appreciate everything she's done, and would not mind to become more acquainted with her at all.

*grins slyly* Ah, yes, I remember this elf.... defeated Novacon.... and Noxtrael I hear... when is it my turn? One of the few of her clan that deserves respect... as you have proven you are no trickster... but so long as you remain under that banner... I will ever be in pursuit.... Good hunting, M'lady.

That ordeal with Leoren and the blood knights for a time ruined .. and almost took my life. I hated them. I still feel bitter, though at the time of being rescued I could not disagree to let this girl take care of me. .. and she did. I suppose I owe her for that, much of that night is fuzzy for me. I remember the voices of Feralmoon and Dio.. my don and one other.

I will find her voice, and thank her some day.