Anthek

Most Comical RP Moments

I was thinking of something that happened the other day while playing Anthek. I was on the boat from Booty Bay to Ratchet, and there was an orc from The Cartel on it, as well. Being a little bored, I went into cat form, sat behind the wheel of the ship, and started singing, "I'm the best captain in the Warchief's naaaaaavy!" To which, the orc notices me, comes up to the wheel, and says, "What madness is this, a cat at the wheel!" and promptly jumps off the ship, to swim the rest of the way to Ratchet.

Feel free to share.

Ok this requires some set up.

Back in the day when I was playing EQ I had a little gnomish cleric as my main. Now, for those unfamiliar with EQ gnomes they could worship three different gods. Brell Serilis, god of the underfoot and father of the dwarves and the gnomes. Bristlebane, god of trickery and mischief and creator of the halflings. And Bertoxxulous, god of disease, death, plagues and all sorts of other generally unwholesome things.

Now, for the most part, all gnomes worshiped either Brell or Bristlebane because they were lawful good and chaotic neutral gods and you could therefore go to any good or neutral city without having to work on your faction. But Bertoxxulous, being chaotic evil, meant that you had to be pretty careful where you went, because a lot of factions were innately KOS to you. But, for RP purposes I went with old Toxxy. My cleric was sweet, cheerful, adorable, perky and all sorts of other very typically gnomish things but make no mistake she did very evil things without really thinking about them as being evil. She viewed herself as being utterly good and as a keeper of balance. But she wasn't very smart, poor dear.

So anyhow, I was grouped with a bunch of people from a VERY staunchly good heavy RP guild. I was the only healer, and everything was going well up until the point that one of the people asked me to give them "Brell's blessings".

"Brell!?! Oh you are so silly! I'm a worshiper of Bertoxxulous, duh. The lord of plauges is happy to touch you with some of his power though, so if you'll give me just a teensy moment to med up I'll get right on that."

Sure I got booted from a pretty good group and had to haul some butt to avoid being eaten by a ton of undead frogloks, but their responses were hilarious. One guy was so outraged IC he'd go out of his way to /spit and /rude me every time I was buffing in PoK.

============

In WoW the funniest moment I've run across has got to be some of the RP sessions Hailos and Thaena had in Auberdine. Random people would run up and duel Hailos for no reason. People 20 levels younger than him would /duel him over and over and over the berate him for being a coward for face melting them into oblivion.

"So, how have you been? Oh wait.. just let me take care of this *cough* problem" KAFWOOM!

Some of the most comical RP moments I have enjoyed have been Radurach's response to things. Whenever a Tauren comes up and starts babbling about something, a lot of the time the other Ghants are sitting around blinking and not sure about what to say to get rid of the pest. But Radurach always knows precisely what to say. /moo

Then last night I was running Arcatraz and the two demons were yelling at each other. The succubus snidely remarks that the other "struts about like an overstuffed peacock." Shortly afterward Radurach then emotes that he, too, can strut about like an overstuffed peacock, and he proceeds to do it.

Of course, my favorite was the time he had Persefani's finger. Skafloc came up and asked Radurach to "give him the finger." And so he did. But not Persefani's, of course.

During the Moon Festival, two years ago. Lupen was level 40-something. I came across a Night Elf and a Human cybering. Now, considering I can't cross-faction... I walk over calmly, /smile at both of them, and then proceed to one-hit them with Hellfire.

When my husband and I were both in the Ironforge Regiment, we played a married couple. He was the typical barely sober "fuck up" Private while I was the upstanding Master Sergeant who couldn't help but get promoted.

So, when the parties would start, as dwarven events are wont to do, everyone starts buying drinks. My poor dear would shuffle over and begin begging for a few coin to buy a bit of ale. I'd turn him down reminding him of the last time he blew our pay on barrels of bourbon. On at least one occasion, I had three other lads begging me to have mercy on the poor guy. I rarely relented but he regularly wound up "smashed" and waving his gun about by the end.

Going into the way back machine now. Back with Lupa and Citadel, we were doing a Black Rock Depth run when Oola in a particularly cheeky mood tossed a snowball at Swifthoof while we were taking a mana break. Well, it being yule and literally everyone having almost an entire bag full of stacks of snowballs, it didnt take long for Swifthoof to return the favor, followed by a well placed toss by Brinthus at Torg. Before we knew it our BRD run degenerated into a rip roaring snowball fight just outside Incendius' cavern.