Evanthe

Leveling curve adjustments next patch!

The leveling curve adjustments are planned for the next major content patch, and we'll be releasing information on the large number of pre-Burning Crusade quality of life changes going in with that patch very soon™.

I looooove this. I can't wait. Alts, here I come!

Ooo, and looks like I'll have more reasons to run Steamvaults:

While it would be available for both factions, we could also put in an epic flying mount that is purchasable for those who are exalted with the Cenarion Expedition. It would be very expensive, but it would be a sign of an accomplishment for people who go the extra mile and purchase one.

Hmmm... this does sound like a good idea, how about we do this in patch 2.3?

I looooove this. I can't wait. Alts, here I come!

I am confused Eva whats does that mean? Lvling will be faster? Its sounds interesting and with your excitement only adds more interest into that matter. I know lvling is not my forte, I've got one 70 out of how long I have played this game lol. If it means its easier to lvl I might just finally get to experience what other class feel like in end game.

Well, they're reducing the amount of experience needed to level by 30% for levels 20-60, and increasing the amount of experience you get out of quests. I'm quite excited myself! Supposedly, they're redoing Dustwallow Marsh to include more content, and there're rumors that a new goblin town will be added. *gaspshock*

Well, they're reducing the amount of experience needed to level by 30% for levels 20-60, and increasing the amount of experience you get out of quests. I'm quite excited myself!

*dies*

*soulstone rezzes*

*has a heart attack and dies again*

My paladin may actually get past 23 someday.... and my mage past 38.... and all the other alts I have planned in my head but have yet to roll... *delighted cackle*

Grim Batol is apparently also being looked at for finally becomeing something other than an oddity in the south Tanaris desert.. There is so much lore around Grim Batol.

Grim Batol in Wetlands? Or Ulman in Tanaris? Make sense, Skafloc! Make sense!

Hopefully they got that feeling from BLIZZCON that, while people like new stuff, that doesn't mean you got to make new worlds/continents/zones. There is a metric asston of things they can STILL do with the stuff they have in game. Hooray... another continent. What about everything else?

I'd pop on my dwarf again, just to finish the fucking Stormwind King questline.

Grim Batol in Wetlands? Or Ulman in Tanaris? Make sense, Skafloc! Make sense!

Hopefully they got that feeling from BLIZZCON that, while people like new stuff, that doesn't mean you got to make new worlds/continents/zones. There is a metric asston of things they can STILL do with the stuff they have in game. Hooray... another continent. What about everything else?

I'd pop on my dwarf again, just to finish the fucking Stormwind King questline.

It's Uldam, not Ulman.

FAIL.

*does the HAPPY DANCE*

I heard they were doing more dustwallow marsh quests- not sure this patch or expansion. Maybe they'll provide a better ending to the Shady Rest Inn quest line. I loved that, on both horde and alliance.

My bad, you are right Abric. Reason I got mixed up is that I read in a magazine interview article that both Undum and Grim Batol were being looked at for future development, either as instances or as new quest zones. Thanks for picking me up on that.

OMG I am in the same boat I have about *counts fingers* 6 maybe 7 or so alts that never reached 60 cause I hated seeing the samethings over and over. Probably why I ran instance most often for quicker xp I would always get a lvling block. Usually around 30s, when is ever other altoholics block? hehe

I never really quested in Dustwallow and hardly use the place to lvl, place as really in my history been a PvP on Theramoore zone. Kind of makes a le sad face like I am missing something there and that stuff is going to be added to...stuff I don't know lol. I'll have to lvl a alt there sometime I guess. Hurray for new content off the old content cause its sad when I know most of the areas I go like the back of my hand.

Oh, this would/will be grand! While my key characters have made it to 60, I'd love to get my priest, warlock, and warrior beyond their stuck points.

And, if it means new content in old zones...all the better! *cackle*

Dustwallow Marsh has some really cool quests Roth, like the aformentioned Shady Rest Inn line (the only problem with it is that, like the king of stormwind line, it just sort of.... dead ends) and one were you have to be all spy-like and get documents from under the Theramore bridge.

I've got a family wow night with my dad and my brother currently on a PvE server. Increased XP gain would make it so much more fun to level the characters (although last night's family night was mainly me and my brother talking over TS).

Alexstrasza and Deathwing fought at Grim Batol in Day of the Dragon, with the other aspects on Alexstrasza's side. If it's a timeline thing, it's pretty darn possible.

I actually hate the leveling curve adjustments, but I'm crotchety and dislike change, i.e. I enjoyed leveling the way it was. Hm, maybe I'm less crotchety and more a masochistic freak.

Yes, masochistic freak is the right term for you, Quabian. ;)

I love it because I have so many ideas for so many characters but want to level the ones I already have first. And I'm the SLOWEST leveler ever. The only reason I ever got Eva to 70 was because Ephram dragged me most of the way there.

I already suffer from "WTF? Did I just level again? I swear I just levelled. Wait, I still have all these quests to do. Can I pause my xp bar until I've cleared them out of my log?" when I do alts. And I really don't level all that quickly in terms of hours played. I just get very enthralled with quest completion, to the distraction of everything else, even when I've done them all before. Solo questing is half of why I play at all. I was still doing quests in Azeroth halfway through level 62. Stupid Outlands.

All the more reason not to play any more alts, I guess, since doing grey quests for no reward, which I'm sure is what I'd be reduced to because I have a hard time letting things go, is almost as lame as grinding without quests. Heh.

I suppose they could remove quest content, but what the hell would be the point of that?

I guess they realized that people run out of things to do at the top and everyone rolls alts. Thankfully, I enjoy instances, too (talk about leveling up fast, damn it!), and even if I someday hit exalted with everything, I'll probably just run them until I go blind or new content finally shows up, so I don't really think I need alts anymore.

Yeah, I'm a masochistic freak. I enjoy the way up and I'm sad that it will be shortened, but I think that just earns me kicks in the shins from everyone else who plays.