Thalarios

Cartel Enforcers: To kill an elf.

I hit the ground hard, my body crippled, bloodied, and torn from the piercing daggers. The throbbing pain

of death and piercing laugh of the male elf the only thing filling my numb and bleeding ears. The trio of bears that followed sniffed around my body; growling

and snorting as they circled me with caution, ready to pounce if I lifted a

broken finger.

I was sent by Zanzir Cobbleboom, the goblin trade prince that the Cartel Enforcers was founded by. It enclosed a document, and to my dismay it was to assassinate a Blood elven maiden who went by the Alias: "Mackymac".

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole "I kill people because of my troubled past and I need the money" motto, the ladies dig it. Although this letter informed me, that the Elf was staying in the area of Azeroth known as the Hillsbrad foothills.

A seven-day walk from Stormwind.

I found myself packing my newly crafted silk backpack, but I wondered why I was killing an innocent person? Why was I doing it? Then I grabbed the parchment paper, which had the assignment written on it, and read over it again. Of course in the fine print, it was stated of her crimes against the Cartel. The killing of a member and the stealing of supplies that we had already stolen from others, and I don’t think we wished to give them up. It made sense now, and I was now happy to attempt to make the Death of her, more than an attempt.

I trudged across the harsh landscape, avoiding near death by animals and Horde alike, when finally after a week of tiring and vigorous traveling, I passed Thoradin's wall, and entered the land of Hillsbrad.

I asked many souls of any sighting of the priest, and finally after a day of questioning, I had a lead. However, when I finally found her, a friend of the maiden had spotted me first. Thus that brings us back to my limp and numb body lying on the green grass of Hillsbrad.

The elf cackled as he sprinted away, the bears soon following, but as I thought all was lost, and I would have no more women to swoon in the afterlife, a miracle happened.

The moment I slipped into the cold grip of death, a light covered me. So bright and warm I jumped in shock. That’s right, I jumped. I was not dead, and it looked as thought I was intact and as (If not more) beautiful as before. I looked to my surrounding, only to see a shadowy and lone figure run off into the distance, its inky black body disappearing into the distance of the Foothills.

Before I could sprint after it, another figure approached from behind. This one I could put out, it was an elf. However, this was a good one. "Are you ok friend? You look horrible, drained for that matter".

I replied with a simple nod and I pulled myself off of the ground, shaking my copper red hair of all the mud caked into it. "I am a bit shaken up, but I think I shall be fi-" I was cut off before I could finished my sentence. The sight of a certain Elf, moving towards me from the area where Tarren mill stood, cut me off.

It was Macky.

Without thinking, I grabbed the Night elf, not taking in her figure (Too busy looking at the other elf) and leaped towards the nearest bush, which to my dismay was positioned beside a large tree, which I hit head on, with, you guessed it.

My head.

I shook of the feeling of dizziness and pulled out my Night elf crafted staff, called the Twisted Chanter, by the creators. "Listen good, and please don't interrupted. I need you to help me with this, and I will pay you greatly". I began, my vision going back and forth from both the Night and Blood elf every few seconds.

"I need you too help me with the killing of this elf over there, and" I looked back to my dismay and shock of seeing her friend come out of the shadows and join Macky. I began with haste as they drew nearer, clearly heading west to the cursed forests of Silverpine. "And, her friend. I don't have time for your choice so, if you want to help, follow me".

She looked at me with a shock I have only seen once. On the face of a friend who found out he didn't sleep with a Dwarven girl after all. Damn, he never looked at one of those chicks with shaggy beards the same way.

I didn't focus on it that much, and I leapt out from behind the bush, and sprinted towards the duo of Blood elf’s with great speed. I caught them in a weak moment, and Macky barely had time to put up a holy shield. My fire blast merely hit the shield and pushed her back a few feet, pushing back the dirt and mud that was positioned behind her silk boots.

"Back again? Why wont anyone stay dead these day?" Came the naught but worthless cackle from the male rogue. "Well it looks like your death is going to be harsher and more cruel this ti-" He was cut off however, by a poison lined arrow protruding from his pale throat.

I looked into the distance behind the dead elf too see the Night elf, who had somehow snuck over there, and notched another arrow in record time. She launched it into the elven girl’s hamstring, and as Macky screeched in pain, I walked over to her, and smacked down the body of our friendly Blood elf.

"Hello, I'm Thalarios and I'll be your Steamwheedle Cartel killer for the day. Any last words?" I chuckled, my hands bursting into an intense and enormous fireball.

"Yeah, learn to stylize. Your cloths don't match at all". She rasped, winded from her unsuccessful attempt at fleeing.

"I'll take that into consideration, but I really don't think blood is going to match your blue cloths."

---------------------------------

Artist Rendition: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/158957/mackymac.jpeg

This was a story written for the Cartel Enforcers, a group on Twisting Nether that RPs as enforcers of the Steamwheedle Cartel. Now that i've copied and pasted that much of Sowells original, I think its safe to speak in my own words from here on.

The Alliance so far, has taken down 4 (Count em') Role-playing griefers. The fourth which I just took down a few minutes before this post was made (I believe the name was funkenvogt). This is the guilds fourth day up, and we plan to purge this server of more of the griefers, RP name violators, and other scum like Hogger.

Feel free to shower me with lovely women and gifts, don't worry I can take the price of fame.

~Thalarios Cording

p.s. The word "fourth" was used a few too many times in this post.

Solenev passed through the Crossroads to speak with the Innkeeper, but paused long enough to listen to a crier shouting out news from across Azeroth. In the Barrens, the news could be wasteful if not useless. However this was an alert about The Cartel Enforcers. Solenev quickly wrote down their names, a contact, and wondered at the Steamwheedel Cartel suddenly forming such an active role.

Purchasing parchment, she sent a letter.

Sweet Enforcers,

My name is Solenev and I just was curious to know how much it costs to purchase your skills and whether you kill some purely based on their public egress, or all-round antagonism? Is there a skill level too low?

Curious,

Solenev

Dear Solenev,

To answer your letter, we will assasinate whoever, whenever, and however, you want for a set price. The price however, can be payed in multiple ways. Leather, Ore, (This is my favorite) Money, or items of certain value. Contact the leader of the Cartel Enforcers who works with the Horde; a druid by the name of Kyllavertin. If you wish for a death, we will bring it, along with a report and eyewitness report. ~((Screeny))~ If this works out, good doing business with a lovely Elf Maiden such as yourself.

Yours truly,

Thalarios Junipero Cordring.

~ Magister and Bruiser of the Cartel Enforcers.

*A masked figure walks to the mailbox in Ratchet*

Could someone take commissions from you and still be freelance? Or would I need to join your consortium? I am not sure if I like the knowledge of anyone knowing who I am. It's best to stick to the shadows.

Reply at this address I will send a lackey to gather your reply.

We have a great number of freelance assassins in our employ. Some flaunt their associations, others like to keep it secret from other guildies or from their governments.

Contact Sowell or Shelgeyr in Stormwind, or Kyllavertin or Myrne in Orgrimmar.