Skafloc

Personal Archives

(You're looking at this all wrong, Skaffy! This is the best thing that could possibly happen to you! The warlock's taken her hooks out. Quick, run away! Get out while you can, while she's not interested in you anymore!

:P)

(The warlock's taken her hooks out. Quick, run away! Get out while you can, while she's not interested in you anymore!:P)

[[ But.. I like her hooks in me. ]]

She finally answered my calls.

I could not stand the hollow emptiness of the house anymore, I had to find her. Most of the day I rode aimlessly about our most frequent haunts looking for her, listening for any word. I found some, Shapiara had seen her the previous night. She was drunk.

It was fitting that her state matched mine. More proof to my mind that we are inexorably linked.

Shaphiara was told to watch over me? Evanthe gave me to her? Not going to happen. She is not what I want, not what I need. I need my wife.

I need someone better Evanthe? There is no one better for me.

What can it be that is so horrible to her mind about herself that she feels I must be spared? There is nothing. Nothing that compares to the hurt of what she is doing to me now. Of what she is doing to both of us. That she too is hurting is plain. If she truly wished this upon ourselves, if she truly did not love me anymore she would be cold, uncaring, a creature of ice and stone. Not this tormented and anguished Evanthe that I heard over the stone.

I needed not her words to know that what she is doing in her mind she feels is sparing me. Even so she came right out and said it.

I need to see her. I need to hold her in my arms as I love to do and tell her it will be alright, that this too we will overcome, just as we have many things over the past year. I need to convince her that together we are stronger than the sum of our parts. Together we are a couple, a family. Together there is no pain or hurt so strong that we cannot help each other.

I need to tell her that there is nothing that is so terrible that all our life together should be thrown out as if it meant nothing. If she wishes to run from everything then let me run with her. Even if it means leaving this place forever. If she is with me then it will be as it is meant to be.

She is staying with Broxigan apparently. That warms my heart. Her Kiki is a good and kind friend. Perhaps after a restful sleep there we can talk.

((Is Dio going to have to slap some sense into Evanthe? Because he'll do it.))

((Wha?! When Dio did the same thing? Both of you need to be slapped.))

I slept for the first time in days. For the first time since she left.

Perhaps it was the tauren's calming voice, or maybe he placed some manner of spell on me. Regardless, I awoke early this morning and shaved.

His words although difficult to hear had that ring of wisdom to them that I cannot ignore.

It is so hard when every instinct inside tells me I should be sweeping her off her feet and bringing her home where she is loved and adored. But if what the tauren says is true that would be the absolute worst thing at this moment. I can see that she needs to learn to love herself again before she can learn to love me again.

I will be here. I will always be here.

I just pray she is given that time. We deserve that chance.

But if what the tauren says is true that would be the absolute worst thing at this moment. I can see that she needs to learn to love herself again before she can learn to love me again.

((Gee, where have I heard that before...oh yeah, SAPH TOLD HIM THAT LIKE TWENTY TIMES.))

That was perhaps the hardest thing I have ever had to do, to stay calm and respectful of her space like that when inside my every instinct was to sweep her up off her feet and smother in fierce kisses.

She looked so beautiful, the evening light cascading over her raven locks in waves of soft blue. Her skin glowing alabaster.

I was at a total loss of what to say. What does one say to a beloved who needs to be left alone and not pressured into returning, even though inside that is all you can think about?

I fear I fumbled. I can't believe I told her about that damn wolf.

How long do I remain at arms length like this? How will I know if it is too much and she misunderstands my action as not caring?

(( There are several lines written at the top, all scribbled out to be illegible. Eventually a delicate script flows on the page. ))

A wolf sat down on a rock one day;

A brief respite from a bout of play.

With a sudden flurry of wing and claw

A raven set down beside his paw.

In the verdant woods of Feralas.

The wolf was enamored of the bird,

So smitten he was he could utter no word.

Her ebony feathers dark, her eyes so bright,

Reflecting the stars of the warm summers night.

In the moonlit woods of Feralas

“Come hunt with me, stay by my side,”

He asked the raven, his green eyes so wide.

The raven preened her feathers and cocked her head.

She smiled at the wolf, “Mmhmmm” all she said.

In the love filled woods of Feralas.

Long weeks they spent together in play,

Sweet nights they enjoyed at the end of the day.

Wolf and raven together a pair,

Never was there a bond so fair.

In the storied woods of Feralas.

One day Wolf dashed into a cave,

Raven followed her mate; she was so brave.

When wolf emerged he sought for his love,

But there was no Raven swooping down from above.

In the dangerous woods of Feralas.

Long he sought her in places far and near,

He found her lying in pain and fear.

With broken wing she could not fly.

Wolf cried in sorrow for it seemed she might die.

In the tragic woods of Feralas.

Long days and nights he tended her wing,

He fed her, held her, sweet songs he would sing.

Yet though her wing did mend from his care,

No joy returned to the heart of Raven fair.

In the sad woods of Feralas.

“Why do you weep my love my mate?”

Asked Wolf one day, but it was too late.

For Raven had seen that which Wolf had not.

She loved him dearly, but a bird he was not.

In the quiet woods of Feralas.

“I cannot go where you do my Love.”

“I need to soar high with the Hawk and the Dove.”

“Should I run with you through bush and wood,”

“I fear my wings shall break for good.”

In the weeping woods of Feralas.

Wolf cried for a time but nodded his head,

He loved her so much, he would not see her dead.

“Then go my love, fly unto the sky.”

“But listen at night, you will hear my cry.”

Of love everlasting.

In the bittersweet woods of Feralas.

Raven took flight and soared to the sky,

An eagle circled the airs up high.

She joined the Eagle and together they flew,

Wolf watched them vanish into the sky so blue.

Over the green trees of Feralas.

A wolf sits down on a rock by day;

A brief respite from a bout of play.

At night he sings to the moon filled night,

A mournful call, to a Raven in flight.

In the verdant woods of Feralas.

There is so much I wish to write but I find I still cannot make sense of my thoughts and feelings.

Imalar helps. Speaking to the druid is calming to say the least.

Still the matter that brought us together the last talk we had leaves a cold shadow of foreboding across my heart.

Sabachthan Ghant, what are you up to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New officers for the cross. Akulazeel and Yatokth. Excellent choices. As fingers of a hand we shall make a strong fist.