Aquizit

Blizzard: "Aw **** it!"

Part of the 2.1.2 PTR patch notes..

"PvP Trinkets: Insignia of the Alliance, Insignia of the Horde, Medallion of the Alliance, and Medallion of the Horde have all been redesigned. The trinkets for all classes now have the same effect: Dispels all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character."

No more bitching.. it cures everything... now stop complaining. :P

LOL! That's just so bliz doesn't have to listen to the miles of Paladin complaints on why its so unfair that Cyclone can't be bubbled out of ;p *cackle*

I don't think I've ever actualy heard anyone complaine about hunter traps and ect..

"Oh hunters can freeze me for a few seconds? That kinda sucks... kk *waits*"

LOL! That's just so bliz doesn't have to listen to the miles of Paladin complaints on why its so unfair that Cyclone can't be bubbled out of ;p *cackle*

I don't think I've ever actualy heard anyone complaine about hunter traps and ect..

Anything that cannot be dispelled by the player that lasts longer than the cooldown to recast it makes pvp stupid and annoying.

And yeah, a few seconds => live or die in pvp.

This makes it so that I will now use my trinket in PvP. Before it was a waste for me to even swap one of my healing trinkets out for this thing. Playing as a class who has no form of CC to force the player to lose control, and as a class with hardly any active counters to those myriad forms of CC other classes have, I appreciate this move very much.

I believe it was stated by a blue somewhere that this change wasn't given a whole lot of thought, and that it would be tweaked as players test and make use of it. Frankly, it shows. Boy, I can't wait to fight warriors on my hunter now that they can trinket out of freezing trap. Even when they had to eat it, they'd take at most a 2k shot of damage from aimed/arcane before intercepting in and hamstringing me again, rendering me useless. With this new change, now hunters will just skip the fluff and go straight to being hamstrung out the ass.

I agree whole heartedly with a change similar to this trinket change, but the way it's being implimented is poor. Some classes are getting HUGE benefits from this, while others will see worse performance, or at best "meh" improvements. Take warriors for example. What do they lose from this change? Now, people can trinket out of their intercept stun, or intimidating shout, things that were already on most people's trinkets to begin with. In exchange, they can now completely remove their ONLY liability in pvp - the succeptability to combat control. The gains that warriors get from this are insane, and they were already absolute PvP beasts with support.

The three most poorly represented classes in arenas got the largest shaft from this (rogues/druids/hunters), while the two most represented classes got the largest gain (paladins/warriors). I can't wait to see how rediculously broken the warrior/paladin combination is in season two, and I'm thankful to have already leveled a warrior up to 70 to replace my more entertaining classes in favor of one that will actually be worth a damn.

CC in pvp was getting ridiculous, but a poorly thought out band-aid fix to bad game mechanics shouldn't be the solution.

Kal hit my only concerns very well. Before Rogue I was a Warlock- both classes that were designed through locking down the enemy (be it with stuns or Fear). I've always had a grudge against the trinkets, since Fear was one of the most common effects broken, and frankly, I think from their inception they were a poor item to introduce. The squishy classes win their fights THROUGH their ability to avoid damage, the trinkets made that almost impossible in some match ups.

Quite simply, if the game is designed for group PVP, why do they exist? Being CCed to helplessness may suck, but only in 1v1. Without it, what makes a group fight interesting beyond being a DPS versus healing race? In such a battle, why ever bring a controller class over brutes?

Meh, whatever. I feel like I'm writing a QQ post when I'm generally apathetic about it all. I just wonder about Blizzard's design philosophy sometimes.

I thought the 5 minute cooldown made them all right, making it a minor impediment, necessitating a recast, and since everyone can have one... *shrug* Bad for hunter traps or escaping a cast with a long cooldown, but, I dunno, I haven't used them or run up against people who do often enough to have strong feelings about them.

I thought the 5 minute cooldown made them all right, making it a minor impediment, necessitating a recast, and since everyone can have one... *shrug* Bad for hunter traps or escaping a cast with a long cooldown, but, I dunno, I haven't used them or run up against people who do often enough to have strong feelings about them.

Any serious pvper in the arenas will have the two minute "Medallion" version of the trinket which also comes with resiliance. 2 minute CC/Snare clears are insanely powerful.

Don't forget in the arena they are always up at first too. I never cared so much in standard BGs, because if I spammed Fear, it was likely their cooldown was blown. In the arenas, which are THE PVP now, it is expected that their trinket is up.

Anything which reduces the amount of time I spend staring at the screen waiting for my character be controlleable again is fine by me.

hunter traps can be cleansed. Stupid ass cyclone cant. You cant do shit but sit there and watch yoru team die in arena. Then when u get out to heal them from death you get counter spelled, scatter shot, dizzy, or kicked -_-

as you can see i have a hate for all classes in arena...but i cant complain, if they dont do anything to me of what i listed above we win regardless >:D

If they fix warlocks from laying x2+ dots on a single target ill be happy. Hell, just handicap BGs along with Arena.

EDIT: ive bene playing Cedes and i dont know anybuddy in Shatt :(. I did see Livingstone the other day and some orc shaman in T4 who i remember having D1 and greens on back in the day, aka 1yr ago :D