Sign in to follow this  
Rhowen-Prea

Haunted ((WARNING: EmoInside! ))

(( Written in conjunction with the journal part. Warning: EMO ENSUES! ^_^ Written to mostly kill off Aelendil. I'm not happy with it at all, but I've been putting it off all week and figured I might as well get it written if I wanted to RP ever again. >.< ))

The hustle and bustle of Stormwind did not cease, day or night. Rhowen stood at the mailbox outside of the city bank and flipped through her mail. The usual envelopes from the auction house, a letter with faintly familiar handwriting, and a package. The auction house envelopes wound up stuffed in a bag hanging over her shoulder, and she pried open the first letter with a long nail. She unfolded it, and her stomach tied itself into a knot, reading what lie therein.

Rhowen ~

I see your guild was a failure - this shouldn't surprise you. That's what happens when you put your life and trust in man. The only one you could ever trust will be in touch shortly. Expect me.

Aliisza Nightwind

Captain of the White Wing

She cursed under her breath and wiped at her mouth with the back of her hand. Silver eyes sharpened over the words; so the lady captain was back at long last. No doubt she'd expect some sort of reparations; pirate captains were like that. Rhowen read the letter once more before huffing a sigh and folding it back up. This, however, was stuffed against her hip, between flesh and platemail, for safe-keeping.

The package was sealed tightly as well, wrapped and tied in twine. She took the cord between a sharp incisor and pulled. The thread broke free and she spit the remains onto the street. It was at that moment that a deep sense of foreboding filled her chest. She flipped the package over - nothing was written on the cover except her name. The handwriting was shakey, strained, as if great effort had been put into making it legible.

She parted the envelope gently, out of habit. Inside, there was a small, folded piece of paper, words in fumbling Druidic, and flattened, browning red rose.

Rhowen ~ He asked that I leave him in peace, with his dignity in tact. But he mentioned your name, and I thought it best that you know... We are not such monsters that we cannot respect each other's subsequent pain.

I did not tell anyone else, to spare you your pride. He is lost to you. He went where you cannot follow, beyond the Gray.

~ Merrick of the Wolves

Thin fingers turned the rose over and over. She stared at it with a child-like wonderment. She'd given it to him so, so long ago. The words of her old Tauren friend beat at the sides of her mind. He is lost to you. He went where you cannot follow. Lost to you.

Lost to you.

Rhowen whet her lips with a flicker of her tongue, and read the letter once, twice, thrice more. A certain sense of finality gripped her; she'd been resisting the suspicion. She'd been resisting the worry. And somewhere, inside, she'd known. She knew the night she slept alone, and the crippling, crushing loneliness had come back into her heart. The warrior toyed with the mangled edge of her ear. A single bead of blood trickled slowly down around her finger.

He'd gone without her, and now he was gone for good.

And she was alone again.

Just as she knew she'd always be. Fingers loosened on the stem of the rose, and Rhowen watched it with an icy stare as it fell the to stones at her feet. The flower, for all its enchantment, crushed easily under the heel of her boot.

Lost to you.

You should have known better.

((Oh no, an emogency!!

But seriously, it isn't bad, though I don't understand too much of it, not having too much contact with you anymore. Perhaps another meeting is necessary!))

(( Uhm... I don't mind at all that you used Fhenrir, but can you send me a PM soon so I know what I did? I don't get it... *shifty eyes*

EDIT: To clarify, I just wanna know what Fhenrir's part in this was/is, so I know if it ever comes up. ))

(( Uhm... I don't mind at all that you used Fhenrir, but can you send me a PM soon so I know what I did? I don't get it... *shifty eyes*

EDIT: To clarify, I just wanna know what Fhenrir's part in this was/is, so I know if it ever comes up. ))

(( Yeah, Aku told me I should do it, and I wrote it with him in. I intended to change it to someone else, but fell asleep on the couch between writing it and posting it and forgot. *cowers.* Hence why my usual "All characters used with player's permission" disclaimer's in there. I'm just changing it this morning.

EDIT: Changed. ^_^ Apologies. Sloppy work on my part.))