EnheilRas

Language Lexicon

Orcish

1. Throm'ka (Throm-ka): Greetings.
    This is an informal salutation used between Horde, or Friendly Horde strangers. Not to be used to address Forsaken. May also be used to address "Respectible" enemies.
  2. Putanni: Greetings.
    This is an Informal salutation used by Horde Elders to address Students, Parents to address children, or Taskmakers to address slaves. Horde use this to greet Non-Horde and Forsaken.
  3. Thrall'Hall (Thrall-Hall): Warchief's (Thrall's) Might!
    THis is a Military Formal Salutation-Only. Only to be used between two Horde actively in the Horde Army.
  4. Lok'tar (Lok-Tar): Strength!
    This is a Military Salutation and Farewell (Like the Hawaiian "Aloha"); It is used very formally, and even used by Soldiers to address civilians. It is the basic formal greeting between Orcs and their allies.
  5. Lok'tar Ogar: Strength and Honor!
    This is the Standard Orcish Warcry, used to prelude to Battle. Used by all manners of soldiers and officers in the Horde Army.
  6. Lok'narosh:
    This phrase is used only once, by Warchief Thrall. It's exact definition is unknown, but it may be used in the same respects that "Lok'tar Ogar" is used.
  7. Daboo (Dabu): Yes, I agree
  8. Zug Zug (Zugzug): Yes, I understand
    This is used for an acceptence of a task or mission. It's origin is slightly humorous, as it came from a film about cavemen, and they used this term to define sexual intercourse.
  9. Etork: Orders?
    This word refers to the question of Military Command; It is used to express the desire to have something to do, such as the wanting of a task or mission.
  10. Swovu: Go! Forward! Charge!
  11. Glorduk: Carry out and Obey.
    This would be the proper military response after receiving your order, task, or mission (From saying "Etork"). It means you are accepting the responsibility of your issued command.
  12. Gol'Kosh: Shit! Fuck!
    This is a very popular single word explicitive phrase to denounce extreme frustration or anger at something or someone.
  13. Grom: Giant, Huge, Massive
  14. Bolar: Bowels, Entrails, Guts
  15. Mash: Heart (Possibly also Love)
  16. Gol: Step, Leap
  17. Aka'Magosh: Thank You

Taurahe

1. Ishne aloe Por-ah: Walk with the Earthmother
    This is a Blessing the Tauren give to those allied to them. It is used in place of a Farewell.
  2. Isha: Tooth
  3. Muhale: Spear
  4. Awak: Doom, Death, Finality.
  5. Owa: Blue
  6. Tanka: Bolt, Lightning.
  7. Lakota: The Ground
    This is used to describe the Dirt we walk on.
  8. Mani: Shake. Quake. Rumble.
  9. Washte: Spirit, Soul, Essence.
  10. Pawne: Bite, Biter, Eat, Chew. Devour.
  11. Eche: White
  12. Yakee: Mist, Fog.
  13. Earth: The Planet Azeroth
    Yes, it was the Tauren who invented the Word "Earth" in WarCraft Lore, and were the first to name the Planet that.
  14. Arikara: Vengence, Retribution, Vendetta.
  15. Lar: Sharp
  16. Korwi: Claw
  17. An'she: The Sun, the Left Eye of the Earthmother
  18. Mu'sha: The Moon (The Larger of the Two), the Right Eye of the Earthmother

The name of the smaller of the Two moons is simply "The Blue Child," and has no particular origin in either the Elf or Tauren mythology regarding the celestial bodies of the Star system.

Actually the Troll langauge is called Zandali. Less than half a dozen words have ever been said in it in the games (In fact, only 1 had ever been said in the WarCraft RTS Games)

In regards to the orcish, I had actually heard a little differently on a couple of those.

Swovu, I'd heard as "Swobu". Nothing major, just saying that's how I've heard it said.

Also, I think Thrall says "Lok'Naroche!", which he used as a battle cry.

Very helpful though, many of those words I'd never heard at all. *cheers*

Swovu, I'd heard as "Swobu". Nothing major, just saying that's how I've heard it said.

It could be either. I have only the DOS-Version of WarCraft II (The original one), so the sound might be clearer on it if you have the BNE.

Also, I think Thrall says "Lok'Naroche!", which he used as a battle cry.

I swore it was spelled "Narosh" instead. I'd hate to replay that damned campaign to see for sure.

EDIT for Zusteakai: These words are all used in the WarCraft Games. In other Lexicons, I also added in Palladium High Orcish (Which my character uses in conjuction with this Lexicon for flavor). Those terms are devoid in this one, making it pure Lore. If you'd like sources on where the words are used, I may offer those.

Yes, I have all but one of them. That one was the name in Zandali for the large wooden masks the Shadow Hunters wear. It was only used in the Frozen Throne Webpage on Samwise's Picture of the Shadow Hunter concept artwork to describe it. Once Frozen Throne went retail, the description changed and the word disappeared.

Knowing this any orc that addressess me with anything that doesnt fall in the ally, or horde member, catagory and tries this "how to greet students, lesser people, etc" crap is getting a sword rammed up thier spine.

Knowing this any orc that addressess me with anything that doesnt fall in the ally, or horde member, catagory and tries this "how to greet students, lesser people, etc" crap is getting a sword rammed up thier spine.

ditto, lol

Alright, since I learned all my orcish originally from Kretol (of the server Silver Hand), I figured (hoped) he wouldn't mind if I shared his little orcish "dictionary" with you! This is copy/paste, his wording, from a topic of his on his guild forum. So... call me a thief! It's what I've gone by whenever I play an orc.

This is a list of orcish words that I have ascertained the meaning of. I've kept a list with me for almost since WoW went live, but over time, these words have come second-nature to me *grin* Playing only orcs and using such words constantly will do that to you ;)

Anyhow, here is what I have determined meanings of (via gathering from in-game usage (both in WoW and Warcraft III), one or two words/phrases from a book, as well as various sites that I checked long ago):

Throm'ka - Warm greeting

Mok'ra - More of a casual or informal greeting

Lok'Tar - A farewell. Can also be used as a greeting, more suitable to a warrior (not necessarily the 'class,' either). Also an orcish warcry. Basic translation is "Strength" or "Be strong"

Lok'Tar Ogar - Essentially a more emphasized version of "Lok'Tar." Basic translation is "Strength and Honor" (from what I've gathered). (On a level of personal opinion, this should only be used rarely, perhaps during a very close/important battle, or perhaps to imbue true feeling into a parting with a close friend that you may not see again for awhile (as examples))

Dabu - A word of acknowledgement. "Yes"

Swo'bu - Another word of acknowledgement, but used when talking with a superior or perhaps someone you respect.

Glor'du - Yet another acknowledgement. This would be the most subservial of the three (ie, Dabu, Swo'bu, Glor'du).

Zug zug - An affirmation. ie, "Alright alright."

Aka'magosh - An expression of gratitude (ie, 'thank you,' 'thanks,' etc.)

Kagh - Run

Lok'Naroche - Look out. Good example to use this would be when attacked

Logre'gard Noe Kal - A question when awaiting orders (ie, "Where do you want me?")

Kagh! Bin mog g'thazag cha! - "Run! I will protect you!"

Fit'chure! - "Fire!" (Command)

Kretol is a very good friend of mine.

A lot of the Orcish the Ironsong Tribe uses are pretty much guesses. More or less a lot of that is influenced a lot from me before I had completed my lexicon.

Those last three, I've never seen before in my life.

Honestly, I forgot all about "Mok'ra"

If I remember correctly, Thrall himself actually says "Logre'gard Noe Kal" when you click on him in WC3.

And I figured you'd know who Kretol was, since you played on Silver Hand. Next time I see him, should I tell him EnheilRas says "hi"? :wink:

We dwaves of the IFR usually have Gutterspeak sounding like a hissing broken common.. (very broken) when writing up stories and such that involve them...

I'm thinking it's a hissing gurgling type sound.. since for most of the Forsaken their jaws/tongues/voice boxes have probably deteriorated severely..

Aww, but Karkarov, your such a cutie putanni.. LOL!

What I've noticed so far in "Mok'ra" is that only women use it.

Hmm..

Really? I coulda sworn I heard manly vendors say it, before. I'll have to check.