Vilmah

Betrayal

Bloodscream blinked.

"Err no seriously, that disk I gave you before... I meant it. There's a korium power core inside that doll...I mean... I'm an engineer, I make bombs... that's what I do."

Vilmah blinked.

"You.. gave my kid an explosive."

Her face paled and she sat up straight, pointing at Bloodscream with a frightened expression.

"You g-gave her an explosive?!?"

"'oh! Geez, Blood, you're ready to give me a heart attack.."

She shook her head, panting slightly. An instant later, she playfully smacked him on his thick neck, trying hard to remain serious and not laugh.

"Don't scare me like that!"

Bloodscream relaxed visibly.

"Like I said... hang onto that disk and when she's older, I'll teach her how to arm it. It'll pack a hell of a wallup... you don't wanna hear this part right now... I can see it cause that vein in your forehead is starting to throb... that's not a good look for you..." He grinned playfully.

He stayed a while, sitting on the floor, next to her, saying nothing.

Pie. Malstrom smelled pie coming from the Sanctuary guildhall. This could mean one of three things.

The first possiblity was that Skash was hiding behind the guildhall. He walked around and checked. No Skash.

The second was that they turned Bloodscream into pie. He sniffed the wind. Nope. Cherry.

The third was that Bloodscream was eating pie.

He nodded. Bloodscream was fine. Probably catching up.

He was still hungry so he walked off towards the merchant district to find himself his own pie. Preferably one with minced meat. He hoped they took the tabard off before mincing it this time. Last time he was picking Alliance tabard from his teeth for the rest of the day...

Diomades moved silently around the Grim guildhall. He was no rogue, but ghostwolf combined with his camoflage elixirs helped a lot. He had little doubt that there would be members of the Grim at Sanctuary, likely looking for a way in or watching what was going on inside despite their orders. Typical. He might as well put his investigative prowess to use and do some watching of his own.

Hunkering down behind a couple of crates and barrels and laying upon his chest, he simply listened silently to the events inside the Grims guildhall.

Grim had long since fallen dead asleep in the corner of the room, totally missing the entire episode with Bloodscream. Smelling pie he began to come around. Unfortunately it was cherry pie so, bidding Vilmah and friends adieu, Grim decided he would venture out and try to drum up some Gnome pie.......mmmm that sounded good.

Chingaso returned to the Grim hall satisfied with his hunt but unfulfilled in his need to confront Vilmah. He had also heard rumors of a mass confrontation in Shattrah and now needed more information and ammunition before facing the Sanctuary warboss.

But something in the Grim hall was wrong. He could smell it...

Using his tracking, Chingaso narrows down the scent. A shaman. But not a shaman of the enemy; not the blue tentacled monstrosities that perverted shamanism to serve the devices of the Alliance...no, a Tauren...

Chingaso approaches the larder and addresses the intruder. "Diomades come out. Why spy on grim. Diomades tell Chingaso before Chingaso forget that diomades ally..."

Dio blinked as he was found and slipped out of his ghost wolf form and into his Tauren one, standing at his full height upon his hooves in the blue and silver Tidefury chainmail that he wore to battle.

"I spy on the Grim to gurantee the safety and security of Sanctuary, since I know that members of the Grim will likely take up arms against Vilmah... though maybe rather than just hiding and waiting for a good reason to kill one of you I should have made my presence more known so that your guild might not consider it. But then, considering how people have been acting lately, I could see that just setting myself up for getting attacked by all of you."

He shook his head and crossed his arms.

"As a peacekeeper of the Horde, I reserve the right to stay here and watch your movements in order to prevent any and all hostile action against Sanctuary."

After a quiet hour by Vilmah's side, Bloodscream returned home. He could not control his brothers and sisters, he could only hope they had better things to do then cause strife among the horde instead of killing Alliance.

Skywise stayed behind as he travelled back to Azeroth, to Orgrimmar, to the familiar and angrily appointed halls of the Grim. Perhaps Malstrom was around and up for a spot of mischief, Bloodscream was feeling relaxed and that always led to killing.

Walking into the main hall, he was somewhat surprised to hear a voice he did not recognize but a sentence he heard clearly enough.

Bloodscream just leaned against the doorframe, intent on letting Chingaso handle it but his mouth had other ideas and without checking with his brain, spoke up.

" The true measure of that irony Dio is that if you insist on staying HERE... the only hostile action against Sanctuary you will see will be the one we perpetrate on YOU."

Bloodscream snorted and cracked his neck to the side.

"I do not enter your house uninvited, now leave before I lose my temper."

Chingaso looks from Diomades to Bloodscream and breaks out in a not altogether pleasant smile...

"No, Blood, Dio speak Chingaso now. Perhaps leave when finish, but Chingaso have question need answer."

Chingaso turns back to Diomades.

"Diomades say Chingaso this; which of Grim act against Vilmah? So far only attack Grim of other Grim, and both no Grim now."

"I am not here to fight. I am here to watch."

Diomades bowed his head.

"None of the Grim have yet acted against Vilmah. But that is why I am here, in an effort to prevent any action in future should the possibility arise."

Bloodscream smiled at Chingaso. Most irredeemables didn't take kindly to having their orders questioned but Bloodscream was particularly forgiving of orcs, and after all, Chingaso was entitled to some answers.

"As you wish hunter but when you are done, he IS leaving... Which opening he leaves through and under who's power yet remains for him to decide..."

Diomades narrowed his eyes at Bloodscreams words, but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to spark a fight. Looking back to Chingaso, he smiled slightly.

"You understand that I am merely trying to keep my friends and family safe. Which I'm sure even Bloodscream could understand. If I have to step on some toes to do it, so be it. But I am not here to fight. I am here to prevent fighting."

A tall female troll walks into the guildhall followed by a large black wolf with a large leather bag hung off her back and notices Bloodscream, Chingaso and a unfamiliar tauren in the common room.

"Greets Chingaso, Bloodscream, and guest tauren." Says Chaindog. "Me be Chaindog, hunter of da Grim and dis be Gutwrench!" she gestures to her wolf who is busy sniffing Chingaso's wolf.

Chaindog turns to the table and sweeps an arm across the table sending some used plates and cups to the floor. Gutwrench notices a partially eaten leg of mutton now on the floor and quickly sinks his fangs into it and starts ripping the meat from the mutton.

She then upends the bag and dumps out a gnome onto the table. The gnome quickly orients itself and makes a mad dash for the door. Chaindog's hand shoots and grabs the gnome by the nape of the neck and lifts it off the table. She then slams the gnome down on the table to daze it a little. Pinning it with one hand she grabs her Finkle's Skinning knife off her belt and unsheathes it. She flips the blade into the air to change her grasp on the blade.

The gnome now apparent of its future starts screaming. Chaindog, undetered, starts cutting into the gnome. The screams esculate in volume and the limbs start flailing around trying to get out of Chaindog's grasp.

Gutwrench, now noticing live dinner is about to be served dances around wagging it's tail. Chaindog notices this and says to Gutwrench, "Yous be wanting dis?" she gestures to the screaming gnome. Gutwrench barks and and jumps up and down. Chaindog raises her hand up in the air and with a look of feral glee in her eyes slams the dagger through the gnome's shoulder and into the table pinning it in place. Now that both hands are free she places a hand on the shoulder and the other grabs an arm. She tightens her grips and pulls and twists. The gnome screams even louder and a loud popping sound is heard and then tearing as Chaindog rips the arm off. Blood spurts all over the table, cutlery, plates and herself. She tosses the arm in the air and Gutwrench launches himself off the floor and snatches it out of the air. Chingaso's wolf then lunges for Gutwrench and the two have a tug of war with the arm and it eventually rips in half at the elbow.

The gnome finally growing silent due to blood loss slows in it's flailing. Chaindog pulls the knife out of the table and continues cutting. A moment or two later she puts the knife down on the table and sticks her hand into the gnome and pulls out something.

She then turns to the unknown tauren talking with Chingaso and Bloodscream. "Yous be wanting gnome giblets? Is really tasty when it be fresh." She gestures to the tauren with an open hand containing a pair of the gnome's testicles dripping blood.

The odor and sound of fresh gnome could not escape Malstrom and it drew him directly to the Grim guildhall.

Entering the hall, he nods to the others assembled in the room, paying special notice to Diomades and Bloodscream, and walks over to the table where Chaindog has her gnome.

"I knew I be smellin' gnome".

Smacking his lips, he says: "I gotta good recipe for giblets, sistah. I cook 'em up for ya, but ya give me an arm?". Saying this he pulls out some freshly bought mustard, and a bag of herbs.

"Too bad we don' got no elf. Giblet stuffed elf be mighty tasty...."

He looks at Chaindog hopefully.

The look on Bloodscream face was a mix of horror and revulsion.

"What...the HELL CHAINDOG!" He looked at the gutted gnome still oozing all over the table.

"Are you out of your bloody mind?!?" He asked almost roaring.

"We have a room for doing that! I eat BREAKFAST at this table!" Bloodscream was waving his arms as he shouted, obviously quite irrate.

"Now there's fricken Gnome all over it, it's gunna stink for... aw not on the bench too! I ALWAYS sit there... By Hellscream I outta beat you senseless! LOOK AT THIS MESS!"

"...and by the way... either knock them out or cut out their tongues but I mean rude much? Who the hell can have a conversation while you're doing THAT I ask?"

Bloodscream looked at the table, the bench, the floor. He looked...disheartened.

" I been sitting there for breakfast since the day I walked through those doors... now look at it... dammit Chain."

Upon hearing Bloodscream's objections, Malstrom grabs up a rag and starts to clean up the blood and mess.

"No worries, mon. You jes' relax dere. I clean up. No big problem." he says to his friend, smiling.

He nods at Chain, whispering to her "Kitchen woulda been bettah. Blood bit sensitive to da troll diet sometime. In truth, dey more tendah if ya knock 'em out first."

With water and rag, cleaning up is quick but sure does work up a hunger....

Recap wondered into the room on his way to The Library, spotting the only investigator he knew of Redcap walked quickly over to Diomades.

"Hey there, Hi Dio, what's going on?" Looking around Redcap remembered he wasn't at the tavern outside Undercity, where he had met Dio before but in his own guildhall. seeing his guildmates Redcap's boyish look changed to a more practiced demeanor, clearing his throat and his stance you could feel the salt dripping off his next words.

"Ahoy, Tauren. How did ye know I be lookin for answers and why are ya here?"

Redcaps stance changed from a gawky adolescent to a carefree swagger he had learned from his Capt'n and glanced around the room.

Anaie's first instinct when she saw Diomades in the orc capital was to approach him and speak to the fellow that Redcap spoke so highly of. That changed quickly, however, as she saw the large Tauren swallow a potion as he moved through the streets and make his way toward the direction of her old guildhall. Soon, the massive creature was a small ghost-like wolf, a trick she had seen Kharzak use many times. While not totally hidden from the world, the wolf form was difficult to detect if not looking for it, and with the distance between the two, she did not want to take any chances. She pressed a button on her goggles that enhanced the world around her for a limited time, allowing Anaie to detect even the best of sneaks. She followed the shaman all the way to the Grim guildhall, and watched him make his way in...

Anaie resisted the urge to follow him in and have her blades at his neck to find out what he was up too.... further strife with Sanctuary wouldn't help her situation with the Grim any. Plus, it was no longer her place to enter that guildhall and execute intruders.

Besides, she was confident one of the Grims many hunters would detect the shaman. For Dio's sake he'd better hope it wasn't Muatah that found him. Anaie giggled to herself as she turned and made her way back toward the Auction House, and then back to her home in Shattrath.

Chingaso looks about at the mayhem, chuckles lowly, and turns to the tauren.

"Diomades, Chingaso understand wish protect family. Chingaso also wish no ill Vilmah, although wish answers. Vilmah need watch most for Chingaso cousin Gorvena, but Chingaso make sure no harm Vilmah.

Now, as Blood suggest, perhaps Diomades have report for Sanctuary. Say Nojinbu especial that Chingaso send greet and wish no ill."

Chingaso turns to his wolf Caliente and whistles sharply.

"Caliente drop gnome arm. No sick up in Chingaso room like last."

Caliente looks up from his prize, sullenly but obediently abandoning it to Gutwrench as he returns to Chingaso's side.

He awoke as Bloodscream berated Chaindog. Where am I? The Forsaken landed gracefully to the floor, after having not-so-gracefully fallen from the Hall's rafters. He wasn't quite sure why the pungent smell of gnome was so alluring, though he didn't bother to fight it. He always had an open mind, after all. He eyed his surroundings and checked his hands; although he didn't recognize the building he was in, or those in it, things were well enough in order for his standards.

"Hello-hello!" He spoke cheerfully, though to no one in particular. "Is this breakfast or dinner before me? Are we all here to eat?"

This Forsaken assumed he had met many, if not all of those before him. In fact, he had never been to the Halls of the Grim before. His skin and bones were particularly dry, and picked as if he were incredibly old, or perhaps obsessively clean.

Qabian knocked once, but only once. He wasn't particularly enjoying the idea of formalities at that moment. "I was told this is the hall of the Grim? My name is Qabian. I was hoping to make an appointment with a troll of your--"

He choked on his words as he noticed the carnage on the table and the viscera Chaindog was offering the others in the room. His tanned face went first pale and then positively green. "Belore," he whispered under his breath.

"Perhaps... I'll... come back later," he said, swallowing between his words, his expression one of physical distress. He clapped one hand over his mouth and turned on his heel. He walked back the way he had come in as slowly and calmly as he could manage, but once he was free of the hall enough that he hoped none were watching, he took off at a run.

Later when his stomach had emptied and settled and he was sitting alone at home in Silvermoon with a glass of vintage Southsea port, he mused, "Well, at least one of them was trying to clean up. But still, I'm sure if one is going to eat Gnome that it would taste much better toasted."

Fallacy had found what he was looking for. It didn't take long to simply open up communications with one of the other watchers guarding the Caverns. He had to find out the answer to what had dragged in his mind since he saw the incident in Shattrath.

He had seen Rosette before. Not as she was as he had seen her in Shattrath, but he recognized her unmistakeable face. However, no trace of when or where he had he could find, so it must have been a glancing moment, like it was from far off.

The answer he recieved was astonishing, and it was all he could do to keep himself from going and whisking the child away himself. He was already in hot water for his actions, so he had to constantly remind himself of one of the greatest rules of the watchers: No person in the current timeline is responsible for their actions in the future, unless it is inevitably unpreventable.

So, Fallacy found himself spurning Danakh on back towards Shattrath. He might not be able to interfere, but he could give a warning. Giving the heavy door to the Sanctuary guild hall a hard knock, he called out to whoever might be inside.

"I need to talk to Vilmah, now!"