Vilmah

Betrayal

Anaie nodded... "I dunno if many o' dem be listenin' ta me right now... but I will attempt ta speak wit Yichi. He may listen ta me, outta respect fer me sistah. But I really can't be blamin' 'im fer 'is feelin'. I got no love fer what ya done eithah, but it ain't worth killin' each othah ovah."

Anaie bent down and picked up the wrapped box. Flipping it to Vilmah she calmly stated, "I ain't 'ad one of me own tonks blow up on me yet... but I ain't sayin' I couldn't 'appen... watch yer child when it plays wit dis. Engineerin' ain't a precise science..." Anaie laughed and strode toward Vilmah and the door.

"Nojinbu, I be comin' out mate, we be done in heah."

As she opened the door, and walked through it, she quipped, "Ya might be wantin' ta flog dat book-keepah of yers... leavin' a girl all alone in yer safe, warm halls..."

"Book keeper..?"

Blinking a few times, Vilmah looked down at the steam tonk controller and smacked her forehead with one hand.

"Flog him indeed..! Daggone it, Steinburg!"

(( Eesh! You guys move like a train! Full steam ahead!))

Thaena was grateful for the offer of boarding within Sanctuary's stables for the time being. She and Hailos spent little time finding the building and were happy to see Faust and Avani settled in short order.

Though her spoken orcish was not all it could be, Thaena understood it well enough to grasp the implications involved in the afternoon's events. Perhaps this would be a good time to get to know Sanctuary a bit better. In the matter of the child Thaena was certain that there would be more conflicts to come in the months ahead and it was likely that Haven would be drawn into them at some point. She thought on these things as she approached the front of the hall, taking notice of the open door and the forsaken that had just left it.

"It ish interesting happeningsh today, Vilmah. If it ish bad time we can be coming back later." she bowed to the orcess with respect. "Your new hall ish lovely though, it ish a good choish for you all."

Sulajin waited. Most thought him half mad with power. It was good they thought that. A power mad Troll was of no concern, unless his power came to bear upon you. Easy to avoid, relatively.

When you are easy to avoid, you are left in peace to work your way. Sulajin waited now. He had slipped away in the commotion, best to not tip his hand so soon. He growled softly, though. It was all such foolishness.

Now though he slipped in behind the strange zombie. Before Vilmah he stood. His eyes narrowed by his usual scowl. He would wait still. She could make the first move in this.

((Late to the party...damn vacation *shakes fist*))

((As Gorvena))

Like, omigawd! When Kro totally told me about what Vilmah had done I was like totally crushed. I thought Vil was like the coolest female Orc warrior, and I often asked like advice and junk from her...but a human? Humans enslaved my whole family! Chingaso's too. Totally!

And when Kro asked advice, I totally said, "If it were me I'd totally kill it and eat it."

Then I like find out that my totally good friend Lovely told Vilmah and junk...

So now I like have totally lost my role model and maybe one of my totally closest friends...

/sob

((As Chingaso))

The news of Anaie's suspension and Lovely's expulsion rung around the guild hall. Chingaso looked up from his ale...

"What this? Anaie out of Grim? Outrage! For try slay traitor? What mistress think? And now elf join Vilmah rank. Fitting place.

And Vilmah adopt human??? What think? Human enslave Chingaso family. Human slay Chingaso friend Serrano. Human lowest form of scum. Worse than elf!"

Chingaso gathers his equipment and heads to the field of combat, resolute to put much thought into this turn of events. And to confront Vilmah on her choices...

Grimfury walks slowly up to the door of the new guild hall of Sanctuary in Shattrath and raps on the door. When the door opens Anaie passes through it all dressed up like never before. "Greetings Anaie, didn't expect to see you here!" "I merely stopped by after hearing Vilmah and Nojinbu had adopted a little one, I was hoping Vilmah was able to use my wedding present on the little tyke. Stoppin by to meet the little orc and see if there is anything I can help with." "What brings you here Anaie?" Then slowly Grimfury notices a little human girl playing with a small beholder. "Well isn't she cute, noone told me they adopted a human!" Grimfury kneels down slowly as not to frighten it and motions for the little girl to come over, reaching in his pocket he pulls out a piece of his favorite molasses candy and hands it over to the she little one. "Looks like you have your hands full Vilmah, I won't stay long."

"Just 'avin a conversation mate." Anaie said as she slipped past the big Tauren, who at this point was distracted by the little one. Anaie sighed, and continued on her way.

High atop Aldor rise, astride his armored windrider Skywise, Bloodscream sat on the edge of a ledge, his gaze turned down towards the city. He would have appeared lost in thought or sleeping to the casual passerby. With a whisper-quiet hum, the Tankatronic goggles adjuted, whirred. He could see the city clearly from here, all of it, save the Scryers den and along the far wall of Lower City.

He couldn't read lips so well but body language was something the Orc knew all too well, it was a necessity in his line of work.

He had winced when he had seen Mistress speaking with her.

He had tensed when that infernal troll had approached Mistress. No weapons had been drawn and they had gone their seperate ways.

Bloodscream snorted.

"Too many players." he thought to himself.

"The wheel is turning, nothing I can do about that now."

He watched Anaie walking towards the halls of Sanctuary. The Tankatronics adjusted, automatically engaging light amplification to keep Anaie in sight. He didn’t think she was consciously sneaking over there, she just tended to walk along the shadows, probably didn’t realize it herself.

He shook his head. That silly girl had been one of their best and she let herself get suckered into throwing it all away, by an elf-bitch. Bloodscream had tried in vain to have her spared but even he had no argument to counter the simple fact she had violated the mandate and attacked one of our own.

Bloodscream snorted.

“Lupen…” he thought. “This is all HIS fault… careless little twit brought his science project home and then gave her a tabbard.” Bloodscream's entire body clenched at the thought of the warlock, so much Skywise gave a whimper, Bloodscream was crushing him with his knees.

He thought about it again, as he had so many times... Fly down, enter the halls, take her and leave... it was an interesting fantasy but it was just that and he knew it to his core.

This however, was getting too close to trouble he didn't want, trouble he had to stop.

He would wait until Anaie was gone.

Vilmah made sure to see Anaie to the door before smiling at Grimfury. He was a member of Decimate, but always a welcome guest in their home, and always a kind face.

"You're too sweet, Grimfury," she said, her smile returning. "Thank you. Maybe we should introduce you to everyone. It seems we're a little crowded.

"Lets see, we've got Nojinbu and Rosette of course.. then there's Thaena, Hailos, Sulajin, and that's Anaie leaving. I don't think you've ever visited our new hall before, Grimfury, but you're always welcome. Geezoo.. I think after today, I really really need a nap..."

Anaie was leaving. There was no doubt more people than he would have liked in there but his likes were not at issue.

"Down." he whispered, disabling the Tankatronics magnafying optics.

Skywise hopped up and sailed lazily down towards the city and the halls of Sanctuary.

Skywise landed about fifteen feet from the front door, the swishing of his tail a metallic rattling as armor plates collided. He jumped off his steed, landing with a heavy bone jarring thump against the ancient stone floor.

There was no way they didn't know he was here, not if the troll was in there with her.

He waited, sorting a few things out in his bags.

Sulajin glowered, looking at the assorted people. It was too crowded. There would be no time. Too many people made it risky. He could wait.

"Vilmah, I goin ta speak ta choo anodda day." He said as he turned to leave the room.

Nojinbu came to the front door, looking through the peep-hole. He saw Bloodscream sifting through something in his bags. Nojinbu unclipped a strap holding in his daggers and opened the door, he stepped out and armed the booby-trap to the main entrance before closing it behind him.

The troll spoke up to get his attention. "Whatcha be needin, mon? Ah believe enough a ya grim be tellin us 'ow dey feel, many bringin quite a bit a saddness ta mah wife. Many a dese people been Vil's friends, be ya wishin ta get in line ta?"

Bloodscream didn't turn around, leaving his back exposed to the rogue.

"Is that what you believe Frosty?" he said , the smirk obvious in his tone.

"Had enough of me telling you how I feel Noj? he added slowly spinning to face the troll.

He kept his left hand inside the bag.

"Wanna know what I think troll?" He asked with a grin, having no intention of waiting for an answer.

"I think you'll go tanning in Tanaris long before I come here to discuss my feelings with you."

"You going to get out of my way or are the vaunted halls of Sanctuary opened to all but me?"

His left hand never left the bag.

Nojinbu frowned at the orc.

"Its been a long day, Blood. Da us ahll a favah an just ansah me what ah be askin, Ya be comin as friend 'o foe?"

He reached up with one hand and rubbed behind his eyepatch.

"an keepin ya 'and ahll secretly tucked away ain makin ya look like a friend at da moment."

Bloodscream raised an eyebrow.

"There are precious few things you can count on in this life Noj..." he began, stepping slowly forward, his hand still inside the bag.

"... but I'll let you in on something since you seem to have had a rough day."

His left hand never moved from the bag.

" The day I come here as your foe, you will know because I'll be charging right at you, probably screaming..." he began.

" ... heck see those people up there on that ledge..." he asked pointing off into the distance with his right hand "..THEY'LL know... Everyone within earshot and a few who thought they were out of it will know..."

"Now I am weary and bored of explaining myself, go ask your Warboss if she fears me, I'll wait."

The hand, never left the bag.

Nojinbu sighed at Bloodscream. His theatrics have been seen and boasted time and time again to the troll by many people.

"Ah pray dat day nevah comes, Vil would be vey 'eartbroken, an ya wouldn scream fa long."

Nojinbu turned to the door, knocking on it.

"Disarm da door, Vil. Blood be comin in!"

All things considered, it was probably a good thing that Niethan hadn't been around to see the confrontation. He had a few... issues with certain members of The Grim, and seeing them gathered all raised hackles would not have ended well. Instead, he'd been buying some bagels.

Munching on one of them as he strolled back towards the Sanctuary Hall wing in Shattrath, Niethan spotted the backside of an orc and halted. He'd only seen this particular orc perhaps once, but when Nojinbu hinted at the name Niethan swallowed the bagel immediately. He knew little of Bloodscream, but what he did was rather sensitive information... and the prickling in his quills made him watch the tensed muscles and the grip in Nojinbu's knuckles.

He narrowed his eyes. Oh, this did not look right at all. Maybe a distraction would help.

Niethan resumed strolling towards the entryway, but this time he made sure his claws didn't make clicks on the ground. He adjusted his course just slightly to try and follow the orc's blindspot, while one hand reached up and freed a few shorn locks of hair from his braid (that had been a close call). They predictably sprung up in a messy sprawl, waving over his head in the breeze of his passing. He loosened his gauntlets long enough for Nagendra to slide out of his skin, the windserpent coiling around until he was wrapped around Niethan's chest, head watching from the troll's heart and wings splayed across his back for balance.

The door was closer now, and it looked like Nojinbu was letting Bloodscream in-- though reluctantly. Niethan flicked his eyes to the Consortium-issued blaster to make sure it was loaded, then widened his eyes and lips in a grin so cheerful it was just shy of madness.

"Hey guys, what's goin' on? Hello Noj! And you must be Bloodscream, I've heard so much about you..."

Vilmah's hair nearly stood on end. The color left her face, and immediately returned with three times the usual ammount.

"Blood..?"

There were many people she knew with the word "blood" in their name. Heck, her own last name had blood in in. Of course, there was perhaps only one person who would make Nojin's voice sound like it was straining, and one person she could imagine would be coming to the Sanctury hall.

"Coming!"

Leaving Rosette with the others, the went to the door and disarmed the traps. They were there for safetey's sake, and she had luckilly ben trained by Nojinbu in how they worked. As soon as she was finished, she dusted off her armor and actually made an effort to look presentable. It wasn't unusual to meet other warriors, but this was one of the few that she respected. One of the few she listened to, when it came to advice, amongst other things.

When she was done, Vilmah opened the door, surprised to see both Bloodscream and Niethan outside.

"Oh.. hey there!"

Nojinbu walked just enough inside to let Bloodscream and Niethan in. When everyone was inside, he would shut the door and arm the trap once more.

Bloodscream chuckled quietly to himself at the trolls threat.

"Of course Noj..." he said with a grin "of course... Besides, everyone knows I'm frail as a kitten, one good hit and I'm out... well known fact."

His left hand was still out of sight, more because it bothered Nojinbu than any other reason at that moment.

He cocked his head to the side hearing Niethan. This one had hurt Vilmah once and Bloodscream wasn't opposed to making him pay for that. He eyed the readied weapon.

"Apparently you have heard of me hunter... though I care not to venture a guess as to your sources."

"Awfully aggro for a bunch of pacifists aren't ya? If you two prefer, we can dance but you'll have to explain to your warboss what the stubborn stain in front of your door is since... obviously... I would be killed almost instantly." Bloodscream smiled innocently.

Bloodscream heard her voice and suddenly, the thought of grabbing Niethan by the throat and using him as a weapon to beat on Nojinbu faded.

He smiled at her and stepped inside, his left hand still sitting casually inside his bag.

Vilmah bit her lips to keep from grinning too much. She'd invited Bloodscream to her home many times, and recently had asked him to come by to meet Rosette. Truthfully, she didn't think he ever would. Their past, in combination to the ammount of drama that was being exersized between the Grim and Sanctuary made being friends hard enough.

Hands behind her back, she glanced at Niethan and Nojinbu. At once she felt as if everything within a ten foot radius was a powder keg, waiting to explode. There were times when she imagined exactly how a fight between Nojinbu and Bloodscream would play out, but she figured it would be made even worse with Niethan there. Niethan being Nojinbu's subordinate would make things interesting, and the underlying sadist in Vilmah almost wanted to watch it happen. Maybe even join in.

Shaking away the thoughts, she cleared her threat and rose her eyebrows. "This is kind of a surprise, but you know you're welcome here. Sorry about the security, but you know, we can't be too careful.."

It was then that what Bloodscream said struck her. Pacifists? Sanctuary's vigilante-like war on crime really didn't equal out to pacifism. She decided to let it go, and explain later.

"Have you come to see Rosette? She sure is the popular little thing."

From across the square facing the Sanctuary guildhouse, Malstrom caught sight of Bloodscream entering the guildhall just before the door closed. He saw the look on Nojinbu's face and recognized the look on Bloodscream's.

He smelled trouble. As usual, Bloodscream was in the middle of it. Malstrom knew all too well the emotional side of Bloodscream, especially where Vilmah was involved.

He sighed. Then he rolled his eyes. Then, after due consideration, he sighed again.

He tried to listen to nature, see what it had to say, but it would not tell him what was happening in the guildhouse. Stupid nature.

He ambled closer to the guildhouse, not making any effort to remain hidden. He casually leaned up against the wall next to the door so he could hear if things went badly inside.

He rolled himself a cigar, lit it up, and waited.

To have someone enter his home with cold remarks kept his face stern, even when he was his wife which such happiness about her.

He planned in his head, thinking to himself as his eye darted about the orc.

*shoulder plates detach from the chest piece at the joint. Bicep armor and forearm armor stop at the elbow. Chain mail stops a blade from the hip, but the hamstrings and the back of the knees are exposed. His head.....his head is clear for attack.*

Nojinbu waited for a clear sign of his intentions. His actions up till now have been...Questionable.

Bloodscream smiled at Vilmah. The rest of world could burn when she smiled at him, he couldn't care less.

"Well..." he said throwing a glance over his shoulder to Nojinbu and Niethan.

"Invitation not withstanding, I daresay your lads need to work on their hospitality somewhat. Since I've gotten here I've been insulted once or twice and threatened as many times... I think I may have a slightly different definition of "sanctuary" than you do..." he spoke slowly, with the curl of a smirk on his lips.

"So? Where is this fiendish Alliance general you have hiding in you home?"

His left hand remained where it was.