Vilmah

Betrayal

Vilmah smiled at Hailos, and nodded. "Yeah. We bought a second one. The first one was getting a little cramped."

Turning back to Nojinbu, she put a hand on his wrist and shook his head.

"And I wouldn't worry about her threat. Hopefully I'm not giving Abric too much credit, but I think he's got better things to do than torture a three year old. Still.. we'll bump up security. For her sake. And until she's old enough, she's not to leave Shattrath unless it's in the company of Haven."

A small high pichted voice squeaks out from under Vilmah, as she feels a slight tug on her tabbard. "Excusemedear butamIwelcometohelpwithsecurity?" She says looking at the little bundle of happines in her arms.

Diomades finally decided to step forward.

"The guardians will watch over Rosette, Vilmah. I'll watch her personally myself. But if threatening us with attack and war is the only way Lascivious believes she can be right, then we have the upper hand here. The Grim should be scared to attack us, because they know what it will mean for them. A war on a home front."

Vilmah chuckled at Mynikens, noding. "Sure are, miss. And Dio, I'm not sure if the Grim fear their own mortality any more than they seem to be afraid of this little one. I don't think I'll ever understand their thought process..."

Shaking her head, she sighed.

"C'mon, guys. Lets go home."

Nojinbu picked up Rosette and placed her on the ground beside him.

"She be right in one ting. Every one of us needs ta remembah she be a person, dat woman jus sees 'erself in dis one. She needs every chance she can ta be normal."

Nojinbu knelt down to her.

"Da ya wan ta walk bah me?" he smiled so big it closed his eye.

Anaie heard that Nojinbu had already begun adding extra security to the new Sanctuary guildhall... but did not realize how fast he worked. All of her scouting of the building led to no easily accessible entrypoints...

"Leave it to a fellah sneak ta know 'ow ta be keepin' othas out." Anaie muttered. She would have to go with her other plan, something more deceptive. She saw er ex-guildmates and Vilmah and her supporters bickering in the streets and new that this was her only chance to meet on her terms. Anaie visted the Scryers bank and prepared for what she was about to do.

Riding as fast as possible through the streets, she dismounted and walked directly up to the door of the guildhall. She straightened her dress, and knocked.

Rosette smiled and grabbed Nojinbu's hand. She didn't understand most of his words, but "walk" was something she knew. Replying in common, she began pulling him towards the Sanctuary guildhall. "We got lots of special drink for you, Ji-ji!"

Vilmah grabbed Edmund by the reigns, just then noticing Thaena and Hailos' elekks looking at one another in a more than friendly way.

"..hey.. what's up with you guys' elekks?" She asked Thaena, as they walked.

------------------------

The Sanctuary guildhall in Shattrath was the perfect place for Steinburg to stretch his brain muscles and build more clout. He was already working with the bankers of the Aldor and the Scryers, learning what he could of their ways to increase Sanctuary's already heavy purse. It was with these thoughts in mind that he opened the door to the main door and was surprised to see a rather lovely Forsaken woman standing before him in a dress.

"Uh.. oh. H-hello, miss," he said sheepishly, trying to stand tall with a heavy stack of papers slowly slipping from his grasp. "W..what can I do for you?"

Despite his ever present nervousness, Steinburg leg her inside. He was quick to return to his studies after showing her where she could wait.

Atop one of the towers high in Shattrath, a dragon crouched like a gargoyle over the city. It was no ordinary dragon, however, being covered with coarse, long white hair that gently swayed in the air, held up by some unseen force. Sitting bare back on it was Fallacy, the orange fire that composed his sight flickering as he studied what was below him. The fire flared as he witnessed the encounter between the Grim, Sanctuary and Haven.

"The last straw..."

His right hand, constructed out of elementium, cracked as he flexed the fingers. "The mindless slaughter is not an issue, but, when it comes to threatening a child and fellow members of the Horde... If the Grim take such action, they will pay. Not only by my hands, but due to the course of law within the Horde. They have gone too far, this time. Allegiances be damned, I'll have no part in their works."

All it took was a light touch to Danakh's back to let the rift dragon that they were done. Fallacy only looked back over his shoulder once before disappearing into the Terokkar sky.

"Better den I taught..." Anaie whispered to herself as she finally found her way into Vilmah's chambers. There were all manner of creatures about... one orange tabby cat rubbing on Anaie's leg pleading for attention. Anaie scratched the head of the animal with a claw, glanced about the area and found a small chair to make herself comfortable on while she waited. Dropping a small sack to the ground at the foot of the chair, she picked up the tabby and pet it.

Nojinbu kept low to the ground so Rosette could hold his hand. He let her guide him around wherever she pleased. "When ya be done out 'ere, ah got a present fa ya at da 'all."

Nojinbu’s ears twitched as he honed into his wife's conversation

Sammuel lounges on a bench deep in the Scarlet Monastery, diligently drawing the sharpening stone along his blade. Blood and gore cover his armor, the fresh is indestinguishable from the old. Picking up a hand from the flesh around him, he tests the edge of his newly honed sword.

A feeling comes over him, like spiders walking up his spine. Unsure what is transpiring elsewhere, he knows that something is brewing. Something that will lead to glorious bloodshed.

Hailos took a long while to think on how to explain the situation with the elekks in orcish

“The mating season, Elekks.” Hailos stared at Faust and Avani, and then spoke “Couple, Bonded”

Faust made a noise that sounded more of a honk then a trumpet, and began to wave his trunk around in circles in the air.

Vilmah's face melted into a gleeful smile. She clasped her hands together and nodded at Hailos. "Ohhh, that is just adorable! Nojinbu's wolf and mine are mated, too! Isn't that strange? Both Inquisitors and their Warboss' mounts having babies together? It's so sweet!"

Rosette led Nojinbu to the Sanctuary guildhall in Shattrath. Vilmah opened wide the doors for her family and their guests, giving them all a wide and cheerful smile.

The hall was rather small, build somewhat like a townhouse. Immediately inside was a sitting room, beside it the open door to a portal to Orgrimmar that had gone wrong, due to it leading to and from bathrooms in each location.

"Please come in, and make yourselves at home. We have a small stable that'll fit your elekks, 'till you're ready to go," Vilmah said to Thaena. "We like keeping Edmund a little closer by."

Nojinbu Picked up Rosette and sat her down in a chair, kneeling before her.

"Ah tol ya ah 'ad a suprise fa ya when ya get 'ere..."

He reached into a bag and pulled out a small leather ball, then placed it in her hands. He then let out a whistle, a grunt was heard and Willy darted into the room.

"Ah be teachin Willy some tricks...Trow da ball."

Nojinbu made an underhand throwing motion. If Rosette were to throw it, Willy would chace after it and bring it back in his tentacles.

The orange cat jumped from Anaie's lap and sat in front of the door to the room she was in. She could just barely make out the sounds of Vilmah speaking with others somewhere outside in the hall.

"Finally... " she said to herself. She positioned herself in the chair in a non-threatening manner, in such a way that it was clear she wore nothing but her skimpy dress and small belt with three belt pouches. Shooing another cat away from the bag on the floor in front of her, she reached down and removed the wrapped box and set it on top of the otherwise empty bag.

Vilmah smiled at Rosette, and tried not to wince at Willy. The beholder frightened her without end, but she knew that he and Rosette were the best of friends, and tried hard to understand the appeal.

"I'll just go lighten my load," she said, referring to the heavy plate mail and overabundance of weapons she'd been carrying. "I think I'm a little overdressed to be welcoming you to our home. Be right back."

Nearly stepping on Odin, her orange tabby, Vilmah made way for her room. It was then that she noticed the undead, sitting in her home, wearing little more than a dress and a belt. Dropping her shield noisilly, Vilmah's eyes went wide upon realization that it was Anaie; formerly of the Grim.

"You.." she breathed. "What are you doing here?"

Anaie stood slowly and raised her hands.

"ey dere Vilmah, long time..." she said as she bowed to the orc. "As ya kin see, I ain't 'ere fer no fight, just ta be speakin' wit ya on da mattahs at 'and. Please come in and close da door if ya don't be mindin'."

Anaie craned her neck to see if the whelp was trailing behind and frowned slightly, "Da Grim didn't git it from ya did dey?"

"Get it?"

It took her a few seconds to realize she was talking about Rosette. Without looking back, she closed the door behind her, and stood in front of Anaie. Truly, she had nothing against the rogue, until she heard of her actions against Lovely. Lovely was a friend, and she nearly killed her.

"..no. No, Rosette is alright, and, I really don't mind talking. In fact, I'd like to hear what you have to say."

Lupen stood in silence. Lascivious had come and gone, Ashagga had spoken to him... He simply stood, his face was fairly calm. He spoke silently, not looking to Ashagga, but still speaking; "You have missed perhaps one of the greatest travesties in my memory." He clenched his fist. So many things were moving so fast. He was furious, he was depressant, he was on the brink of madness.

The Warlock turned and moved further into the city, silent.

Nojinbu hopped up at the sound and got to the door just as it began to close. he saw the sight of an indead through the crack in the door. Nojinbu took hold of the door knob, turring it back fully and letting it shut, If anything were to happen, he would be inside in a heartbeat.

Anaie nodded and flopped back down in the chair, "Good den. I ain't bein' one fer small talk, so we go straight ta business..."

"Seein' dat ya already took in da elf ta yer ranks, I wished ta explain facts of da mattah ta ya before ya 'eard too much from folks dat tink dey know what be goin' on." Anaie gestured to her chest, "It already seems ta be well known I was exiled from me mates by da Mistress fer a form of insubordination, and I be undahstandin' dat fully.. howevah, I still act in accordance to dere ways and 'ave 'opes dat I may one day return."

"I don't be knowin' what was said out in dose streets but dis be what I be tellin' ya... what I done, I done fer yer brother, someone I see as part of me own family. Aye, 'is intentions toward da child were possibly murderous, but what da elf be tellin' ya was based completely on 'earin' 'is rage ovah da stones. Fer 'er ta run to ya... an' be betrayin' da trust of one of 'er own guildmates in such a way, over past squabbles from when yer brother was not quite 'imself... was nearly as devestatin' ta 'im as da news of yer adoption. Not ta mention da danger it put 'im in..." Anaie explained.

"If I wanted da elf dead, she would be... instead I made 'er ta suffah. Ta feel da agony and pain felt by what she done ta Kromag... Yer brothah was told dat I went ta kill 'er but fled da scene without confirmin' it, but would I leave a Bloodknight on da ground ta die, knowin' all well dey can be savin' demselves?" Anaie stood from the chair.

"Da elf be yer responsibility now, an' my battle wit 'er is done. I am sorry dat she did not learn from dis lesson I be tryin' ta teach 'er, but what I told 'er was true. Her life fer da childs, an' she was willin' ta give dat... she couldda been savin' 'erself but it fell to otha's ta keep 'er alive. She did give up 'er life fer it ta me... Sanctuary gots no war wit me, but keep dat 'uman in line. If it grows up ta be killin' any 'orde like its kin, den it'll die all da same... along wit anyone fightin' alongside it... an' be knowin' folks from all sides are gonna want to kill you or it fer bein' tagetha...." Anaie paused, and nodded, content that she explained what she needed to say.

Vilmah sighed after Anaie finished. Her explanation more than illustrated her point, which the orc appreciated more than she could probably explain with words.

"Anaie.. thank you. I am sorry that what I did has caused people pain. I love my brother, I do. I never meant for this decision to do anything but bring joy to a little girl who's previous life was stolen from her. I couldn't leave her there, not after hearing what they did to her. Not after seeing her face, seeing the way she looked at Nojinbu. Like they were meant to be together.."

Shaking her head, she continued.

"I am glad that my brother has a friend like you. He and I weren't able to see eye to eye, in many things. The day he left my ranks was one of the saddest days of my life, but, I want him to be happy. Your loyalty shows me just how grateful I am that he joined the Grim. Your guild and mine might be different, but if there's one thing we have in common, it's loyalty. Loyalty to our brothers in arms, and loyalty to the Horde.

"Even if we do show it differently."

Vilmah took a few steps forward.

"I do what I do because I love the Horde. I don't want us to fight anymore, because seeing needless death on both sides is not needed, Anaie. There is so much we're missing out on, just because people can't look past their own fear, or their own anger. If only they could overlook that she was human, maybe your guild mates could understand why I love Rosette so much. I only hope that one day, they'll be able to. I'm sad at the idea that while I gained a daughter, I've lost a friend."

Pursing her lips, she lowered her eyes.

"Please tell Yichimet I'm sorry. I'm sorry we can't see eye to eye, and moreso am I sorry that he'll never call me sister again. I valued his friendship."