Vilmah

Betrayal

"No problem. Not here. Not anymore, anyway."

Thaena heard Vilmah's words from only moments ago in her mind, and already she saw them melting away at the hostility of the others. It was a sad situation, one that guaranteed trouble to come, if not today then at some point in the future. She maneuvered herself along the far side of Vilmah's wolf and waved at Rosette, keenly aware that Vilmah's battle was not one of violence but one of wills. No harm would come to the child here other than the scars of terror, and perhaps she could be spared that. She seemed in good spirits already and indeed did not seem overly concerned for all the angry voices around her.

"Hello little one." Thaena smiled down at Rosette.

When Guduk had trodded up, ringing and clamoring, Yichimet turned back to everyone. By now the guards had their weapons drawn and were staring them down. A few people in the street were ignoring the small-but-growing crowd, but most had stopped their shopping and turned with fear or excitement in their eyes.

"Little orc, you are blind. You wear a cloth tabard woven with blindness. You yourself have been victim and still you are blind." His arms, hands, his body was close to quaking with rage.

"It is not just the child you should fear for any longer. You, your little tribe of blind salamanders mucking through the mud." He looked at the draenei standing next to the troll. "You are the weak pole holding up the Horde's tent."

In Taurahe he spat out, "The Grass Thunderer give me strength in the next days," and turned his back on the group, walking away.

Lascivous sat astride Sam's flanks looking out over the city when she noticed a large group gathering in the distance. She looked away and quickly glanced back. She could see Yichimet walking away and Guduk towering over all other present. The only reason she looked a second time was she could see alliance hovering about and could feel the tension of the guards even from her seat.

Kicking the brown wolf forward, she pushed her way through the crowd and sat next to Guduk, towering above her even from Sam's back. From there she saw the discussions point of interest sitting atop Vilmah's own wolf.

Sighing she waved her hand in a dismissive gesture at the other Grim present.

"Grim! There is nothing worth seeing here," she said in a firm tone. "Surely you have other things to do."

Shaking her head she looked at Vilmah. "You and your pet have caused me a lot of trouble lately."

"Weak tent pole!? You think that wanting to murder an innocent kid makes you strong? You're the one who's blind, Yichimet! You're blinded by your own fear! And you know what, I might be afraid of a lot of things, but I'm not afraid of a three year old! That seems to be reserved for the Grim.."

She looked at Guduk and Lupen.

"You're all so brave when you go off to kill dragons, but the moment someone shows you a human child you think the end of the world is coming. And to think that I used to look up to you.."

Rosette was trying not to pay attention to the yelling and arguing. She looked up at Thaena, pulling down her hat to hide her missing eye, and sucked in her cheeks to make a fish face. "..Vi-vi is angry," she said in Common.

Noticing Lascivious, Vilmah tried hard not to be disrespectful. "Your reason is appreciated. I apologize for the trouble I've caused you, believe me, it was not my intent."

“Ya left ya stone on again”

A voice said as a rum bottle floated out from Edmunds satchel.

“Dis argument be invalid. Da kid chose ta come ‘ome wit us, dats weah she be till she decides odahwise.”

Two tusks faded into sight along with a sharp toothed grin, an eye patch emerged next. The cork in the bottle popped out and dropped to the ground, and then the bottle floated up to the toothy mouth as it drank a large portion down.

“If anyone be choosin ta mes wit a membah a Sanctuary, may dey be ready ta meet dere great makah. Ahll see ta it mahself.”

The mouth moved toward Rosette and Nojinbu’s form emerged as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Do not worry about the Grim, orc. As far as I am concerned this is a peronal issue between you and your brother. Why that elf got into her head I would care, I do not know." Lascivious grinned wickedly. "Why would I want to start trouble with Sanctuary when there are a thousand other angry horde just drooling over the chance to stick a fork in its tender pink hide?

"Still..." Lascivious suddenly looked thoughtful.. "Grim are known for their initiative... I will make you deal, Vilmah. One that will ensure the safety of your little human."

Vilmah glanced at Nojinbu. His usually grim dimeanor aside, seeing how sweet he was with Rosette always made her smile. Rosette took to it even better, squealing with glee at the sudden appearence of Ji-ji and throwing her arms around his neck.. only to pull at his braid like a lasso.

"I'll hear you out," Vilmah said, turning back to Lascivious. "The issue with my brother has been resolved. I appreciate the idea of you wanting to keep Rosette safe, but I'm no longer naive to think that you'd do it out of the goodness of your heart. I guess the only thing to ask is.. what could you possibly want from me?"

Seeing that the Mistress had arrived and was attempting to diffuse the situation was enough for Kallindra. She would continue on her normal business for now, and pay extra attention to her stone should need of her aid arise.

If the young Warboss of Sanctuary wanted to mark herself and those she cared for to the endless torment of trying to bring a human into the ranks of the Horde, then it will be their own misery they bring about.

Seeing the larger crowd of Lower City denizens gathering about, she uttered the words "Step aside" to them and made her way towards the Arokkoa.

Disguised as one of the city's many refugees, Ashagga snuck up to the gathering in the streets of Shattrath. She'd been keeping an eye on the ruckus since Yichi and Lupen had become involved, and despite the Mistress' insistence that the Grim leave, she noted neither of her friends had done so. Stealthily, she crept up behind Lupen and tugged his robe slightly, letting him catch a glimpse of her smoldering not-eye and a wicked grin.

Lowering her voice to a barely audible whisper, she asked, "What've I missed?"

(( Actually, I can only assume Vilmah was yelling after Yichimet as he walked away--my last post ended with him getting out of dodge, heh. ))

"Chose to come with you?" She glanced at the troll. "I doubt that. She's a child and probably would toddle off with who ever showed her a shiny treat. No matter, it is here now"

"My offer is simple - and quite generous." Lascivious turned back to Vilmah. "I offer it the complete protection of the Mandate. Not only will it be safe from my more... ferverent members... they will be obligated to protect it like one of their own.

"All you need to do is simply prove to me that you love it."

((Yeah, she shouted at him. Probably shook her fist a bit, too. ^^))

Vilmah cocked her head at Lascivious. "Prove that I love her?"

There was no doubt in her mind that the mistress of the Grim had something planned. Although far younger and a lot more headstrong than she should have bee, Vilmah did her best to stand up tall to the challenge.

"If my loud mouth isn't proof enough, then I'll take your word for it. I'd do anything for Rosette. What type of proof are you looking for?"

Nojinbu made a grunting sound at Rosette grabbing his hair, he took her in his arm and picked her up, setting her down on his forearm, his other hand placed the rum back into the satchel.

Nojinbu looked the undead over. He hadn’t had the pleasure of seeing the Grim’s leader; he finally had a face to associate. Nojinbu stood quietly, letting the two talk, waiting patiently, hoping he wouldn’t have to do anything more then show his presence.

Guduk listens to the mistress of the Grim and grunts, he looks down at the sticker which has been stuck on him by the little human, he reaches down to pull it off, and then moves to stick it on Vilmah's chest, just over the heart.

"So the alliance knows where you shoot you when they want their pink skin back.. and don't think that ones who will be wanting it back will be asking nicely."

"You think we fear what the little pet brings? No. You think we are holding on to years of strife and violance? Maybe, but you must know they hold onto the same. and you think we can change? or they will? never... They will still kill over even this small thing, they did it in the past, during a time of so called peace, and they will do it again."

Giving one last glance at the Mistress of the Grim before he looks back to Vilmah "Its better off to be rid of it, kill it, or toss it out of your home.. as 'cute' as it may be to you. Your death will be the end result if you keep it."

He turns away, waiting to hear her responce to Lascivious before he leaves completely.

Vilmah smiled at the sticker, and then at Thaena and Hailos. The matching tabards were more then enough to give her confidence.

"Heh.. believe me. The Alliance doesn't need a reminder of where to shoot me. They're pretty well versed in how I work."

Malstrom, walking by, stops as he sees Grim leaving the area. Curious, he walks up, nods at the Mistress of the Grim, at Vilmah and the rest of his friends.

Spotting the child, he smiles and says "Ya gonna want ta age dat a bit. Dey surprisingly stringy when dey young."

Nodding to himself for a job well done, he strides off, humming a little tune.

Vilmah's heart stopped.

"Give her back?"

It wasn't as if the thought hadn't crossed her mind. The idea of raising a human was frighteningly dangerous, but Vilmah considered her safety guarenteed in Shattrath. Then again, was it worth the risk, just to be able to raise her?

"I thought about it. I did.. but even the matron said that it wasn't likely she'd be adopted. We considered the chance at having a family worth the risk, so I guess it's up to you to decide wether or not living without someone to love you is worth more than having a family. Even if it is risky.."

Vilmah rubbed one of her arms.

"..would you have given up your family, for the chance to live safely? Tell me the truth."

Nojinbu moved up beside Vilmah and handed her Rosette. He stepped close to the undead and crouched down to the undead so they were eye to eye.

“Ah believe ya din ‘ear me properly from what ah said previously. She picked us, Vil an ah went ta da Orphanage in dis vey town an went lookin fa a chil ta give a bettah ‘ome. While Vil was talking tad a woman ‘o ran da orphanage, Ah walked in back. Next ting ah know, dis lil one be tuggin on mah pant. She be da only one ‘o came up ta me. Ya brave trolls, orcs, elves, undead, whatecha ‘ave yaw a ta scared a a neah twelve foot troll. Dis one wasn. She saw mah scars an may eye, said some jibberish, pointed ta ‘er face an mah scars, den ‘er eye an mah eyepatch. She asked ta join us, she asked fa me ta give ‘er a ‘ome. Da mistress a da orphanage let ‘er go ta us cause we were da only ones ‘o din look ‘at ‘er in disgust. Ah won deny dat chil ‘er ‘appyness, dis one be kindred spirit.”

He stood back up, towering over her. “It wasn’ Vils choice ta take ‘er. Ah tol ‘er dat Rosette be comin wit us. If ya wan someone ta blame, dat be me. An ahm nah givin ‘er up less she wants ta go.”

Dio had heard that there were some of the recent problems with the Grim were coming to a peak and had eventually found his way to Vilmah, Nojinbu, other Sanctuary members and even members of Haven to his suprise. But deciding to keep his mouth shut, he stood a fair distance behind Vilmah, watching silently.

“‘Warboss’’Lascivious spit on the ground. “You have no courage. Only excuses.”

“What kind of life will that child have? Tormented by other children for being different. Outcast by other Horde? Never to know the touch of a lover? Will you keep her in your home penned up like livestock?”

Lascivious voice became more firm.

“Give it back. Let her learn her own language. Let her be comforted at the tender bosom of a ‘pink-skinned’ mother. Let her feel the touch of a man.” The Forsaken woman leaned forward in the saddle. “And what kind of life will you have orc? Fearing every day as you walk down the street, which Horde will be the one that slips its knife between her ribs as they walk by?

“Tell me Vilmah, how well will you sleep at night? Will it be soundly? Or will you lie awake wondering if Abric is sitting in the dark shadows of her room gazing upon her and counting the ways he could silently torture her simply for his own pleasure before slipping away into the night?”

Lascivious began to spin her wolf around and stopped looking back at the orc woman. Lascivious pointed at the scar around her neck. “This is my reminder I have no family. I was a human girl once. Everything I tell you that child is being denied was stolen from me. But for a short time they were mine.

“You?” Lascivious sneered. “You never even gave her that chance.”

Turning away Lascivious kicked Sam into a run toward flight master.

Tilting her wizard’s hat up to show her now enraged little face, eyes glowing bright yellow and fingertips sparking with electricity. She didn’t know all of what they were talking about, but what little Orchish she did know she was getting the jest if what the argument was about. Glancing to Vilmah and the child who was taller than her even at her age, she gives a small nod of assurance to Vilmah that she is here if need be

Vilmah watched Liscivious ride away, her eyes narrowed in defiance.

"She ran away before she could be told that she was wrong."

Looking at those who remained, she held Rosette protectively, Nojinbu at her side. She, Diomades, Nojinbu, Thaena, and Hailos stood wearing their tabards as a force to be reckoned with. Despite the accusations of others, she refused to stand down, and she knew that they would do the same.

"The world is changing, Grim. Wether or not you decide with it is not my concern, unless you make it my concern. Rosette will be raised in SHattrath, where we walk side-by side with the Alliance. She'll see the blind hatred and fear shown by you, and she'll know that love comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

"She'll wear the purple and gold, and she won't ever question wether or not she was loved. If I have to fend off attacks for my decision? So be it, but she will not be harmed. I'll see to that."

She glanced at Nojinbu.

"We'll see to that."

Nojinbu snarled.

“If she even Tinks a doin dat. Ahll be shot a take ‘er an as many odahs down ah can.”

He clenched his fists, the leather gloves making a creaking sound, his teeth grinded against each other as he thought of the idea of an intruder in his house, and the intruder’s skull crushing under his hand.

Nojinbu took a deep breath and calmed himself, then turned to vilmah.

“Jus give da word. Ahll wait till den.”

Hailos watched as the Grim Forsaken took off, then looked toward the rest that remained, nodding to Diomades and Nojinbu in respect. He turned toward his elekk, and bonked him on the head, telling him to get up. Faust did so and turned his bulk around to look at Vilmah and Rosette. He waved his trunk in front of the child, giving little trumpets now and again.

Hailos spoke in orcish “Sanctuary guild hall in Shattarath?”