Vilmah

Betrayal

Watching the hat come off Kromag smiled slightly and looked the girl over.

Noticing the girl was shy and a bit worried about the marks Kromag decided to teach her something.

Vilmah, and I are orcs, you are human. But you are family now, you are horde." As Kromag said these things, he pointed to Vil then himself and finally to the girl. Trying hard as he could to make her understand, then slowly bringing up his hands to his own head he removed his helm.

"I have scars of my own, markings and cuts and burns. Never hide what makes you stronger. You are horde now, you are like orc." Pointing to all the cuts and wounds on his own face and head he showed the girl his own blemishes. Pointing at the girl with one finger he then pointed at himself with another finger on the same hand then crossing his fingers.

"We are alike, things will be hard for you but you are family now. I will help as best I can. You must be brave like orc, strong like orc." With these last words Kromag thumped his chest two times with a single fist.

Looking toward his sister Kro hesitates slightly, then slowly reaches down to a dagger and pulls it forth. Opening his left hand Kromag cuts a thin line down his open bare palm, the knife very sharp works quickly and almost with no pain. Pointing at his hand with the dagger, he then points it at Rosette's hand.

"We are to be of blood, it has to be done." Kromag's voice was full of conviction, this had to be done.

Vilmah's eyes went wide with horror. This wasn't exactly something new to her, which was even more painful. She'd seen this done in her mother's tribe, the wild and elusive orcs of Draenor who were thought of as savage. They were like Kromag; set in their ways.

Rosette was looking scared, now. Brave as she was, the idea of being cut on the hand was far worse than the needles she had to face when Ji-ji made her take "shots" for her own good.

Vilmah shook her head, waving her hands. "Woah woah, Kromag, wait a second. She's not ready for that kind of thing, yet! Can't you see she's been through enough pain? I mean, I know where you're coming from and all, but--"

The sound of a tiny wince made Vilmah jolt with fright. Turning to Rosette, she saw that the little girl had just pierced her fingertip on Kromag's knife. Biting her lips to keep from tearing up, she pointed at him with the chubby index finger, a drop of blood on one end.

"Orc."

Smiling a huge toothy smile Kromag set the dagger down and reached up to take the girls hand. "Orc." He said happily, as he dipped the childs bloody finger into his own cut on his hand. Closing his hand around her finger and leaning over, he kisses her gently on the head.

"Rossette needs no hat, be proud of your marks!" Kromag's voice sounded strong and fierce. As if he challenged any to say otherwise to the child.

Vilmah was, meanwhile, trying to keep herself from crying. Putting her arms around Rosette, she held her close and looked up at her brother.

"You know what that means, Kromag," she said, sniffling. "You have to protect her, just as much as you would anyone else in the family. She's a part of you, and you can't ever break that. Don't forget, she's your niece."

Rosette kissed Vilmah's cheek, hugging her Vi-vi. The pain in her finger stopped hurting.

"She is family sister, I protect family, but know the Grim is my family as well. I want you to try your hardest to never let the two counter eachother. And I have a request to make of you sister." Kromag watched Vil, seeing her eyes with tears. Gently bringin up his uncut hand Kromag places it on his sister's shoulder. "You must let me now and then help to teach the child what it means to be horde. I will help train her to know how to fight the enemy whomever it may be."

Kromag smiled gently, "And sister, protect her from other humans. Keep her safe from the corruption, the greed, the backstabbing fools. She is young enough to be saved from this." Letting go of the childs hand and backing up a step Kromag pulled out a cloth and wrapped his hand.

Vilmah nodded, smiling. She stood, and picked up Rosette, walking Edmund and placing her on the wolf's back. When the barmaid arrived with her order, she put it in one of his saddlebags. Rosette, meanwhile, kept he sight on Kromag. With a wide smile, she sat proudly on the wolf, as if she herself were a warrior for the horde.

"She'll learn about what we are, Horde and Alliance alike. When she's old enough, I'll let her with you, to train her in any way you like. For now, she's under lock and key. Don't worry, though.." Vilmah chuckled. "She's learning plenty already, from Nojinbu."

"Good, take care sister, and good bye small one." Waving to the two Kromag walked out of the inn. While walking off he put his helm back on and smiled to himself. So he may never have a child, but this child will carry with it the pride of the horde and the Orcs.

Sulajin sat above. Watching like a vulture as the Orc left the tavern. He snarled quietly to himself. She was a fool. Kromag had betrayed them once, he would betray them again. And she would set her own child up to be in the path of that betrayal? Well, that was her decision.

The fires died away from his grip, as he stood and turned back to the blue tinged creature that lay dozing in the sun, long wings stretched out to soke up the heat. He did not care for the human child, particularily, but it did not matter. He would protect this 'Rosette' as he expected Vilmah to watch over his own.

Yichimet turned from the merchant's stall in Shattrath to look across the crowded street. He heard a voice he knew, speaking to another, one deep, one high. There--two orcs. A child on a wolf's back. A pink-skinned girl being led around. His eyes narrowed.

Vilmah smiled wider than she had in a long time as she and Rosette waved goodbye to her brother. "That went surprisingly better than expected, huh?" She said to Rosette.

The girl gave her a shrug, as if to say, "I have no idea what you're saying, lady," to which Vilmah giggled and tickled the three year old.

"I think you and I should go home and give 'daddy' his special drink, hm?" Vilmah suggested, continuing to walk. Rosette pet Edmund's head and nodded.

"Daddy."

Vilmah felt her emotions melt at the sound of a child saying daddy, and the thought of Nojinbu being that lucky person she gave the title to. Continuing to walk, she spotted a familliar set of horns.. and some angry looking eyes.

"Oh hey, mister Yichi.. met....."

She had walked the wolf straight to him, as if she did not know how he would act. She stuttered at the look in his eyes. It is a game to her, he thought.

"You are a fool, little orc. I did not know what the duststorm was about with the Grim the other night, but now I do.

"You walk with pink-skins, you count them as your friends. You are lucky that in this city I cannot do what my heart throbs to do right now."

Two loops.

Three loops.

A scrying rod with imbued Arcane Dust.

Four Loops.

Five Loops.

Complete, another bolt of the rare Netherweave Cloth. The Warlock stood, unmoved by the beauty he had created with his own claws for hands. Unmoved by the peace that swirled within a simple piece of fabric. His mind wandered, the Lower City was hardly a desirable place to be. The smell, the rabble. Lupen looked down toward the beggars with a cold malice in his eyes. The cowards, could not fight, could not work, good only for fodder.

He looked up, and into the distance. His neutral expression moved into a frown. A Tauren Shaman, Yichimet, the Seer... Beside a coward, a traitor, a child, Vilmah. The Warlock quickly moved his new bolts of cloth into his packs and moved toward the two, he stood beside Yichimet for a moment, in silence. His eyes wandered... This could not be.

This could not be at all. Vilmah was a coward, a sympathizer to the true Enemy, but this... This was absolute horror. He looked to the small girl, her skin was pink, but there were no ears to mark her as a Blood Elf. Her stature was a bit plump... She was Human. Lupen looked to the guards, who stood mounted not far as a hatred began to well deep inside him.

He looked up to Yichimet's towering face, and then back to the Orc.

"Good evening, Miss Bloodborne."

Vilmah frowned deeply. Could this get any worse?

"Hey there, Lupen," she said dryly.

Squeezing her eyes shut a moment, she took a deep breath and tried to regain her composure. Gone were the days when she would have looked up to these two. Gone were the days when she would have knelt before them, felt intimidated by them, let them step on her and her beliefs because they might have been more powerful or experienced. Not anymore.

"Alright now look," she said, gripping her fists tightly. "I just had a nice long talk with my brother about family. About love. About loyalty. You two may have your grudges and your beliefs, but you know what? They have no place with me or this child. She's done nothing to you, or anyone else for that matter. All she's done is been hurt by circumstance, and I am sick of everyone trying to put thousands of years of human intolerance or human crime or human anything on her shoulders.

"Now, either you two can learn to appreciate how sweet and adorable this little girl is, or you can get out of my way. We're going home, we're going to make dinner, and goddammit, we're going to be a family."

((From http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=5401 we come!))

Faust plummeted down first, the portal having been created eight feet in the air, and plopped, coincidently, rear first right in between Vilmah and The Grim. The Elekk suddenly found himself looking at a Tauren, and began to wave his trunk in front of him. Hailos fell with more grace then his Elekk mount, obvious experience from jumping off his gryphon while still air born. When he leveled his body, he found himself staring right into the face of the undead warlock he had met in that fateful day in Nagrand. Before he decided to give that forsaken a piece of his mind, he looked up at the portal, the gnome mage laughing hysterically at his own creation, leaning over the edge.

“That is the last time I ask you for a portal again!” Hailos growled at the gnome, “Tell Thaena what she has in store for her so she can better prepare!”

The gnome mage scurried away from the portal, to tell Thaena the dangers of what lay ahead.

Hailos turned around to see Vilmah, and he gave her a Draenei salute. Speaking in orcish. Hailos spoke, “Bad company you surround by.”

((Aww... Why couldn't the Elekk land on top of The Grim? Now that would've been good... your getting soft Hailos... Show'em justice Haven style ;)))

Sulajin growled, bending through space to stand by Vilmah's side. Long tendrils of smoke curled from his form as he watched those that amassed against Vilmah and Rosette. A low rumble built in the back of his throat as he spoke.

"Choo listen. Choo listen real good. Dere won' be any problems wit' dis child. Undastand dat? I be hea beside her, an' if anyt'in' does begin ta happen dere are some guards given us de eye datchoo don' want ta tangle wit'."

"The cuckoo lays an egg in another bird's nest," Yichimet said, and let the words end there. He growled at the draenei that had appeared, then, looking down at Lupen, turned away. There would be another time to do what was needed, he would make sure of that.

With a slight pop Thaena and Avani stepped throug the portal and into the midst of the growing crowd.

"By O'ros Inquisitor, you certainly have terrible luck." her laugh caught in her throat as she noticed the individual members of the crowd. She gripped the reigns of Avani's harness and then slid off the elekk. She looked from Vilmah to the two Grim and then back with growing apprehension.

"Greshings Vilmah. Ish there shome short of problem?" Her orcish not nearly as accented as at their last meeting.

Vilmah felt her tensions ease at the appearence of Hailos, and even moreso (surprisingly) with the arrival of Sulajin. Thankfully, Rosette was too busy being astounded by Hailos' elekk to show any signs of fear towards either Yichimet or Lupen, but when she noticed Hailos, the little girl moved her hand to her chin, and wiggled her chubby fingers smiling.

"Finger beard," she said in Common.

Vilmah sighed deeply at Yichimet, saddened by the idea of someone she really did like being so disapproving of her decision. The parable of the bird laying it's egg in another bird's nest was not lost to her. She knew what he was getting at.. but the idea of Rosette being any type of threat was laughable. Even now, she busied herself by braiding sections of Edmund's hair, while adults argued her fate. "Why do things have to be so complicated with you people.." she muttered, then looked at Sulajin.

"Thank you, Sul. You know how much I appreciate your support. Yours too," she said at Hailos. "And you get used to the bad company, but some of them aren't so much bad as.. I guess, misguided."

Smiling at Thaena, she shook her head.

"No problem. Not here. Not anymore, anyway."

He wouldn't take his eyes off of them. Hard eyes flashing between the Tauren and the undead. It was allways astounding how the humans could turn on each other so rapidly. After all, there was more in common with the humans that had fled Lordaron and the so-called "Forsaken" then there were between the Forsaken and the Horde.

He drew himself up, then. This was his first chance to have a dealing with the Drenny that wasn't one of the blue scaled creatures barking out demands of him, or one of the guards. They truly were ugly creatures. Their heads were lopsided, stretched and with bony ridges sprouting out seemingly at random. Long tendrils of flesh dangled from their chins and quivered slightly as the breeze went by.

However the tone they used to address Vilmah clearly labeled these Drenny as members of Haven. Still, best to keep an eye on such a creature. The Loa had cursed their bodies for a reason.

When a Tauren such as Yichimet approches, he is hard to miss, When a Tauren like Guduk approches, there is no way to miss his passing.

The wall of armor and weapons strolls through the streets of Shattrath, catching sight of Lupen and Yichimet, along with Vilmah and the recent troubles she carries on with.

Guduk grumbles deeply as his eyes take in the little human girl, he continues his approch and stops near Yichimet and Lupen, a plated fist slamming into his chest as he salutes his honor. "Brother, I travel on a heroic adventure tonight, I was hoping to gather supplies from you before I go..." his eyes carry over to Vilmah and narrow "But if you are busy at the moment, I can move on."

Looking back to the human child he grunts "Many do not know my past Vilmah, or care to know. What you do here is unfair to many, if you want to hear my story, ask now.. or never question why I wish that pink skin harm.."

Vilmah looked at Guduk with wide eyes, her body shaking slightly. Covering her eyes with her hands, she looked as if she were about to "lose it".

"Eh.. wh.. y.. you.. okay! You know what everyone, lets take a step back and re-look at the situation. You guys,"

She pointed to the Grim.

"You guys are pissed off because I picked up a three year old human and decided to raise her. Why are you pissed off? Because a few years back, a bunch of guys who resembled her killed your family, or killed your friend, or beat up your friend or what-have-you. You know what? My mom was killed by humans! I was caged until I was her age,"

She pointed at Rosette.

"..by -humans-! Where was Rosette, back then? You want me to tell you?? She wasn't -born- yet! She's three years old for goodness' sake, and you think that me adopting her is some sort of travesty?? You guys need to re-look your lives and start deciding which is more important;

"Fighting against -actual- evils, like prejeduce and injustice and honest-to-lamb MURDER.. or killing a three year old who's permenantly scarred and only has one eye! Geez, seriously guys, you're acting ridiculous! Even Kromag put aside his trademarked orc-rage for her! What does she have to do to get you guys to realize that she's not a threat? That what I'm doing, I do out of love?"

As if on cue, Rosette reached out and put a sparkly rainbow sticker on Guduk's armor.

Kallindra hated the city of Shattrath. It reeked of innocence and peace, and it forced an unnatural cease fire between those of her ilk and the rest of the world. The downside was of how incredibly useful the city was, and how it was fast becoming the hub of both Azeroth - by way of mage portals - and Outlands. Her vast hatred of the city had to be quelched in order to take advantage of what was available.

It was on one of her many trips to pick up more alchemical supplies when she overheard what was quite a commotion. A quick glance showed that the idealistic and foolish leader of Sanctuary was thick in the fray, amongst several of Sanctuary "allies" and members of The Grim. The normal bustle of the town was beginning to give the group a wide berth.

Staying to the side, to see what more would transpire, Kallindra waited quietly.

The scorpid had been watching the gathering from a discrete distance. The words of the Warboss drifted across the intervening space to fall upon its ears.

" She has a large heart, the Warboss of Sanctuary does," the Scorpid thought to itself.

" Pity the reality of the world is such that the size of her heart is irrelevent. What she does, she does out of selfishness, whether she sees it or not. By her own words I hear it. Some part of her soul emptied by her own experiences as a youth. A part she now seeks to fill with the poor child. Admirable. Charitable. Yet she dooms the child in her actions. Forever hiding her, forever running from those that hate, those that dispise. The child will grow up no less the prisoner to her circumstance as the Warboss herself was in that cage she speaks of."

The Scorpid sighed. Part out of pity for the delicate little creature it saw mounted on the formidable wolf, part out of sympathy for the Warboss. A human child raised among hostile races. Sooner or later tragedy would befall, regardless of the immediate outcome to the drama being played out.

" You cannot be there with the child forever Vilmah, " the Scorpid thought as it watched. " The child needs to be with its own kind.. for its own safety."

Walking through the busy streets Mynikens started to hear a large amount of yelling, when she heard Vilmahs voice yell out clear and loud. "By Humans!" Scurring under the feet of people, she rushed to see what was going on.

"Excusemepardonme Movepleasegetoutofmyway!"

Pushing her way through the crowd, having to bite a person who wouldn't move, she made her way to the edge, seeing Vilmah standing with a child, a human child...