Sign in to follow this  
Chikt

Shiffar's Nexus Horn

Just informing the TN community of this.

A lot of people do not seem to be fully aware that the item "Shiffars Nexus horn" is not only a Caster trinket, but a Healer trinket as well.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=59724

The items tooltip reads "Equip: Chance on spell critical hit to increase your spell damage by 225 for 10 secs." However, it will activate off critical heals and also give a 225 bonus to healing as well. It is most definately worth picking up for you guys too.

I could be mistaken, but did a caster of some sort chew you out for taking it as healing gear?

This seems like a bizzarely specific topic, and if that isn't it... out of curiosity, why'd ya bring it up?

No he won it fair and square in a arcatraz run I did with him. I think he is just bringing it up since alot of healers may think it isnt useful or may have said it wont work with healing spells.

He likely made the post to have healers realize they can roll on it rather than just passing it on to a DPS class.

I am a casty shaman myself, and as Karkarov said, I won it fair and square.

However, during that Arcatraz run we had a Healy shaman with us, and she did not roll on it. It was for that reason that I thought I would bring it up and point it out to people.

I reported the issue and it's been added to the list of problems to be fixed. So maybe next patch you will see it in there somewhere.

There are also other things as well, the wind totem that gives +Damage also gives +heal, yet the toltip only says damage.

I've also noticed this with Wizard Oil as well.

The Wind Totem was only changed last patch to give +Healing, I never got an effect from it on my healing before that. But being an item that is rollable on, I thought it was important to point out.

There's already a mage crying on the TN boards about how they now have to compete with healers for "mainly dps" gear.

That was the kind of attitude that was so prevalent in my last "raiding" guild that I actually quit playing that priest altogether. It primarily stemmed from the mages and locks in the guilds that didn't want the priests getting non healing gear as that took away from what they wanted. The greed is just so disgusting.

I typically don't want the +damage items that much, as I prefer the healing role, but it just sickens me to have people whine that they have any competition for pieces that are not class defined pieces.

That +damage/heal gear makes a big difference when it comes time to grind that rep/mats/cash that's needed to progess to the higher instances. Granted, we stick to +heal in instances, but we need that damage to do stuff outside of an instance.

A little courtesy should apply too. I wouldn't roll on a +damage/heal item that is a big upgrade for one of our dpser's, but if its a minor upgrade for the dpser's and a big upgrade for me...I'm rolling...and I wouldn't fault anyone else for doing the same.

What if its a big upgrade for both of you? Wouldn't you both roll on it? And from the behavior from most WoW players if you won they'd probably whine and whine and /ignore you and blahblahblahblahblahblah

Right?

I completely agree Grolish. It's just a shame that some people out there don't seem fit to extend the same courtesy to the healers that can make use out of both sides of that trinket.

Granted, it's a bit of a sore spot for me as I undoubtedly had many sparring matches about that very subject. I was a very protective of my healers, particularly the priests, as we were majorly overlooked when it came to gear, and taken advantage of for being the dutiful and delighted healers. As such, certain classes getting all upset because healers actually may want to take advantage of a trinket that could help both their healing and their damage just gets under my skin.

Tylina, if it's a big upgrade for both of us, I would expect both of us to roll on it...and that comes from someone who plays a resto shaman and a warlock.