Nymare

Nymare Sunfire

Name: Nymare (Sunfire) Amberlight

Pronounced: Neh-mar-ay

Nicknames: "The Baronness," though it's no longer applicable.

Age: largely irrelevant - though she is far younger than she cares to admit

Birthday: game equivalent of October 25th

Race: Sin'Dorei

Hair: long rays of sunshine, usually tied back and artfully falling across her face

Skin: soft and sun-kissed

Eyes: she only has 2, and I bet you can guess the color

Height: Tall

Weight: Lissome

Place of residence: Sunbound Manor, technically Eversong

Place of Birth: Sunfire Estates, Silvermoon

Known Relatives:

- Qabian Amberlight (Husband)

Parents:

- Marthin Sunfire (Father - recently deceased)

- Nellani Sunfire (Mother)

Sisters (youngest to oldest):

Anaralah, Vythica (twin, not identical - deceased), Dravinya, Lyselle (m), Irissa (m), Moriania

Pets/Minions: demons, too many “gift” cats, a phoenix hatchling, and whoever has lost their mind this week.

Religion/Philosophy: N/A

Arch Nemeses: what a ridiculous concept

Enjoys: swimming, waterfalls, trying new things, books, games, the rain, defiling moonwells, desecration, and sewing destruction, torment, and despair

Favorite Foods: goldenbark apples with honey, a good bloody steak from time to time, warp burgers, fish

Favorite Drinks: anything cool and fruity, or dark and deadly

Favorite Colors: any dark jewel tones - though most notably garnet or amethyst

Weapons of Choice: words, truthiness, fire, pain, and other people

Dislikes: crowds

Loathes: cowardice, weakness, the self-righteous, enclosed spaces, caves

Hobbies: researching, exploring, destruction in all its various facets, and finding the weaknesses in your armor ...literally and figuratively... and fishing

Physical Features: If one looked close enough, one might notice a bite-sized patch of flesh on her neck isn't exactly the same skin tone as the rest, and she has a rune-like symbol scarred into her back between her shoulders - purely decorative now, though it once served a purpose. Otherwise, typically, her skin glows with a lively peach tone of someone used to being out in the sun, her long hair usually pulled back. She is tall, fierce, and fluid in form, fitting the stature of the ranger she once was, and bothers to take care of herself, though one might not call her "polished" most of the time, she spends too much time fighting. Through it all, her expression is usually one of mischief, with a rosy pout that is always ready to break forth in a good laugh (at your expense or someone else's, more than likely).

Abilities of note: Aside from an apparently sharp tongue, use of fire, and lack of a conscience, she appears to be a normal, functioning Sin'Dorei.

Positive Personality Traits: fearless, quick-witted, thoughtful, shrewd, playful - but do not mistake her, she is also methodical. Everything she does has a reason or motive behind it... Everything.

Flaws: once defiant and outspoken at the wrong time, experience has given way to a much more subtle form of defiance, though she can still be quite snarky, can and will hold a grudge, and when not out marauding, she can be downright reclusive/anti-social. And, on occasion, she will act her age.

Exploitable Flaws: her curiosity, thirst for knowledge, current mana/fel blood addiction (should not be well-known)

Songs:

Arsonist's Lullabye - Hozier

Seven Devils - Florence + The Machine

Up In Flames - Ruelle

Don't Fear The Reaper - Denmark + Winter

History:

Her history is surprisingly long for someone so young, and while the rather unfortunate events of her short life may seem tragic to some, she is not, as many would like to think, the product of damaging circumstance. The heart of the matter lies in who and what she has always been, even at times when she, herself, has been too blind to see it.

Her history within The Grim might best be summed up thusly:

Morgenstern said:
I'm fine with it really. My friend was afk and had me on follow and I see the name and kind of think, "Hey, I wonder if Nymare has a Warlo..oh she's Grim...we're gonna die." So, I just took it.

History in Stories:

[in Order of Most Recent to Oldest]

Conscience Sanguine - on-going journal

The Blood of the Sun - in progress

The Book of Flesh - by Ansha

The Auction of Henri Fynne - multiple contributions

Bliss - by Qabian and Nymare

Champagne Supernova

What Happens on the 1st, Stays on the 1st (or does it?)

The Morning After - Mordria/Qabian/Nymare

Stronger than magician ever spoke - Qabian and Nymare

Curse of Flesh

Wretched - in progress/unfinished

Correspondence - multiple contributions

The Twisting Path of Sabachthan Ghant - multiple contributions

Little Fish

Two Birds with One Runestone - by Sabachthan

The Head of the Serpent - by Nymare and Clys

Leoren: Target Lovely - by Leoren

Small Words

Cartel: Target Nymare - by Ironskull and others

Taken - multiple contributions

The Hunt - multiple contributions

Divergence - by Nymare and Skafloc

Confusing the Spirit - multiple contributions

A Handful of Lies

Shadow Vingettes - by Sabachthan for Aeacus

Seeing Her Again - journal entry

Hell To Pay - multiple contributions

Failure ((a lil gory))

Her

A Radical Solution - by Skafloc, Nymare, Jassart

The Descent

For Honor and Duty - incomplete

Sunfire Family History - The Sunwell (parts 1 and 2) - incomplete

Edited by Nymare

This little treasure is a diamond in the rough. She was an absolute delight as we explored the Ghostlands - a perfect balance of deadliness and provocation. She has a standing invitation to the Fête.

Jassart

I have seen you around, though I am usually in the middle of some task or another. I am not terribly open, so do not feel bad that I have said nothing. If Jassart had not mistook me for my sister, we would probably never have spoken.

*hopes she hasn't accidentally stung any poor slothfully decadent rogue's ego*

I met her very recently in the Thousand Needles. Like most who take the path of the Ranger, she is plain spoken and honest. Traits I admire. A pleasant woman who seemed to enjoy word play.

Plus, she shares my love of the Dragonhawk, which is always a plus in my book.

Nymare has ended up becoming not only my family, but one of the best friends I could ever hope for. She is beautiful and deadly at the same time, and has an incredible sense of humor. Skafloc is a lucky man....

Since last you asked me about Nymare, much has happened. So very, very much.

She is brave beyond words, but she is also humble and sweet. When she laughs the sun shines brighter, yet there is a darkness within that I long to chase away if she would let me. She is noble yet kind, strong and fierce yet soft and gentle. What started as a friendship between us has blossomed to much more. My heroine, my wife.

I have talked with Nymare. She teaches me good talk. Soon, we meet in person. I know she will be good person then as over stone. She Skafloc family. Very happy.

I like her when her ghost saber is makeing a messy meal of the fun we had in menthil.. We should have a girls night out.. maybe i'll run into her more.

She's alright. Fun to be around at times, and annoying to me at others. Even scary. But I work for her now, so for the sake of discipline I'll deal with whatever she throws at me.

I also owe her my life. I suppose I would consider her a good friend and I thoroughly respect her...I just wish she'd stop being so serious all the time and have some fun.

Skafloc, you listening? Lets get her drunk and play "Pin the knife in the gnome!" She can even go first!

Maegannon sneezes.

"Oh.. her? Yea I kdow who dhe wench is... AAAHHCHOOO!.... ad as soom as I get well again I'm goind to show her just where she cand stick dhat bow!"

Mae sneezes again, pulls a tissue out of her pocket, and wanders off, forgetting the goblin's exsistance.

Nymare is proving herself to be a powerful and trustworthy ally. There is a power in her of intensity that even I cannot fully fathom.

Also, I think she has the only pet I have ever liked.

She and her husband Skafloc *rolls eyes* won the couples costume contest at the recent Scarlet Masquerade. Their blatant affection for each other was revolting and further solidifies my opinion that you can take the boy out of the servant's quarters but you can't take the servant's taste for the mundane out of the boy.

Dentley tells me she was once courted by Alin. It almost makes me feel sorry for the girl having gone from one tentacled monster to the next.

In the deck of cards that is the House of Ghant, Nymare is certainly the Queen of Hearts.

Her resolve had grown tremendously strong, as has her skills. Her heart is her power, her strength. It drives her will, which has become as an elemental force. She shines as a dark sun, a supernova. Many see it, few understand it.

I love her for it all the more, and am proud to be her husband.

Roth'rili sighs as he hears rumors,"Hussy, wench if any words be slung bring them to me first and I will give you my piece of mind!"

"Nymare when I met her and her husband the day in Silvermoon was everything her husband states and I could see it. Her smile was a ray of sun light, showing a glimpse of the kind and teaching person she was..." stops and looks before stating.

"I don't want any of my compliments taken to seriously thank you I don't need her husband upon me cause I respect him as one of her only balances."

Continues."She was welcoming of a stranger, respectful to take my disrespect of a fellow she knew. I can see this all in her, strength and compassion! I opened rather easily."

He sighs,"Now she is a shadow of what she was, her strength taken a majority of her. I saw her smile yet I didn't see the same person, as if her tenacity as fallen her compassion with it. She assosciates with the Ghants in some plan to push the war in our favor. Yet I didn't see some warmonger that day in the inn! I saw one that could do things for all, agiast what others thought, and benefit the whole of both sides of this conflict. A building fury within her pushes her strength and skill to increase but for all the wrong reasons and I wish her husband can see the decent!"

"If you find her tell her I still wish that drink," looking frustrated but saddened,"I merely wish to speak with her, she is the only one open enough to understand me."

"Seems nice enough, though she doesn't seem to completely understand exactly what I do or much about Undeath itself. Last I heard Malorii was associating with her, which is odd considering what Malorii thinks of nobles. Well, anyhow she's no enemy in my book, but she has a few things to learn..."

* a wistful shadow passes over his face *

Paths change. People change. But feelings do not change so readily. We may not share the same space any longer, our lives are following their own destinies. But there is and always will be a part of her inside of me.

That will never change.

That is all I will say here to you. The rest is for myself.

She could be adorable if she didn't dress up like a troll. Sure the dress looked tons better on her but why not a normal dress huh?

Pretty, for an Elf. I do not get the impression she drinks much, though. Still, it was a fun night. Pity her friend Leo got eaten by a Wolpertinger. I still believe she should have named her Wolpertinger after him.

Who is she to me?

I fear that answer eludes me still, for if experience has taught me anything, it has taught me that nothing is static. The world has no certainty. Our lives and the truths we hold are often transient in the face of an hourglass. What Nymare means to me is just the same, the facets of her character as many and changing as a well-cut jewel - though brilliant in every light.

My unyielding duty.

My dearest friend.

My unrivaled love.

Despite all rationality, she has against all odds been able to instil certainty in me where the world could not. To whatever depths of her fate will reveal to me, she will always be beautiful to me in both her light and her darkness, the dearest of silhouettes. I have witnessed her inner turmoil, the perpetual conflict and the demons that came of it, and still her indomitable spirit and unshakeable resolve will inspire me always. She had warned me once that she may be my undoing, that her influence would be my damnation. In her eyes I have only ever found salvation, and there can be no bittersweet oblivion that would ever make me believe otherwise. There will never be anything I could be more certain of, I will always love her with everything that I am.

Roth explodes with a stunning yell as he reachs out to the goblin that just mentioned "HER" name. Catching him by the back of the tiny green man's collar and begins pulling him back to him. Forcefully turning him around as he gets near, and with burning jadefire eyes lifts the goblin by his collar with one arm. His eyes burn into the goblin's as he brings him up to his gaze.

"Whatever you have heard whatever history I have related to the name is gone you hear! I know no Nymare," spitting out in spiteful rage uncommon to the usually laid back Sin'dorei. "Know this my greatest failure and my greatest pain resides with that name. I prefer not to be reminded of it."

Slowly letting the struggling goblin down, as each inch passes for him to reach the ground, a growing calm passes over the knight. Till the Sin'dorei stands calmly infront of the goblin like nothing had happened, brushing himself off slighty. "For me...she as been washed out to sea. The one around now...isn't the one the tide as taken." He slowly turns and leaves the goblin with widen eyes, bewildered at the confusing elf that moments ago had him by the collar.