Chikt

Diomades Riverhorn

Full Name: Diomades Riverhorn

Nicknames: Dio, Clothcow, Stormbringer

Date of Birth: 45th day of Autumn, 58 winters ago.

Race: Tauren

Hair: Brown

Fur: White/Turquoise-Grey

Eyes: Blue-Grey

Height: 7’2”

Weight: 347lb/157kg

Place of residence: Traveling

Place of Birth: Southern Barrens

Known Relatives: Rokoce Riverhorn. Lakona Riverhorn. Cherryna Riverhorn. Icutu Riverhorn.

Religion/Philosophy: Sometimes the right thing to do, isn’t always the good thing to do.

Group/Guild affiliation: The Raven Cross

Guild Rank: Patriach

Enemies: The Twilight Cult, The Scourge, The Burning Legion, Druids

Favorite Foods: Flatbread

Favorite Drinks: Mulgore Firewater

Favorite Colors: Blue, White, Silver

Weapons of Choice: One-handed Maces, Shields

Dislikes: Zealots, Hypocrites, Selfishness

Hobbies: Meditation, Exploration, Drawing, Woodworking

Physical Features: Diomades fur is white with oddly toned grey markings that could even be described as turquoise in color. His horns are cut short and the ends kept smooth. Unlike most other Tauren his age, Diomades doesn't have quite the hunched, weight, or height that most other Tauren posses. He has a good amount of muscle mass, but not an obscene amount to make it overly obvious. His physical form is best described as a swimmers body - as much of one as a Tauren could have at least.

Special Abilities: Foresight, Diplomacy, Intimidation, Wisdom, Insight

Positive Personality Traits: Intelligent, Wise, Calm, Humorous, Thoughtful

Negative Personality Traits: Unpredictable, Quiet, Quirky, Selfless, Risk Taker

Misc. Quirks: Dio retains what he calls a “Southern Barrens Accent”, the result of growing up largely in the South most regions of the Barrens with his tribe. He also has the aid of Elementals to whom he’s given a pledge. They travel with him on his journey, whom he often calls upon directly when asking the favour of the spirits.

Played by What Famous Person: Mark Harmon

Theme Songs: The Blood of Cuchulainn - Mychael Danna, Won't back Down - Fuel, Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit, Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin

History:

The larger points of Diomades history are covered in quite a large amount of detail in the topic Old Wounds in the Nether Legends forums.

Diomades rarely shares much about his history with people - even his most trusted friends - though he often tells the story of a young Tauren named Adanado, who followed his father into battle at Mount Hyjal and was responsible for his death, becoming so ashamed and stricken with grief that he forgot everything he used to be and became someone else entirely.

Diomades was born Adanado Riverhorn in the seemingly uninteresting tribe of Riverhorn Tauren, predominately based out of the Southern Barrens. His father, Rokoce Riverhorn, was the recently appointed chieftain of the tribe and his mother was a wise and well-respected matriarch. Compared to the other Tauren of the tribe, Adanado had what might be considered a very easy childhood. As per the tribes tradition, at the age of 10 Adanado started to be trained as a Hunter and Warrior. However, his training in the martial arts was short lived as he showed an extreme amount of prowess as a Shaman - accidentally calling upon the spirits during a spar with one of the other young tribesmen, knocking them out cold with a powerful Earth Shock that sent them flying back several yards.

With so very few Shaman in the tribe, Adanado's father trained him hard and Adanado came to resent his father for it after a long time. Several years passed, Adanado's sister - Cherryna - was born. The Riverhorn tribe moved it's tribal grounds several times in order to avoid large scale Centaur attacks, but small bands were always unavoidable - but easy to fend off. This changed when the Orcs arrived and the Centaur were largely wiped out of the Barrens. It was not long after this event that the Riverhorn tribe was approached by emissaries from the Orcs and the Bloodhoof Tribe, looking for aid against a great threat to the North. Rokoce accepted, all the able-bodied men were rounded up, and despite his fathers insistence against it, Adanado joined the war band bound for Mount Hyjal.

At Hyjal, Adanado met a human by the name of Judas Ackerson. When Adanado explained what he did to the human in very broken common, Judas gifted the then still named Adanado with the title of Diomedes - one whom held council with the gods and retained their cunning. The young Tauren proceeded to mispronounce as Adanado. When his father died trying to protect Adanado, he was ashamed for his failure - taking the title of Diomedes as his new name - still mispronouncing it as Diomades. He returned home to his tribe to learn that his fathers death was not unforeseen by his mother and - despite his anger with her for not trying to prevent it - took her guidance and left for Thunder Bluff to never see his family again.

Diomades spent several more years training in Thunder Bluff under the guidance of several prominent Shaman, but he was largely shunned from the Tauren community and would not come to understand why until several years later. He went into Thunder Bluff with a deep respect for what Druids did, and left with very little after talking with one of the druidic figureheads of the Wildmane tribe who suggested he should stay in Thunder Bluff as little more than a politician because he was dangerous. Gaining leave from Cairne Bloodhoof to explore the world outside of Mulgore, Diomades left and began to teach himself more about being a Shaman in the world - as well as starting his quest to find the power to stop war, that his fathers memory might not be in vein.

One of the first people he met and worked with cooperatively was a goblin named Chikt, but Diomades knew he would need a lot more than a Goblin in order to get further in the world. He would join Sanctuary, climb their ranks very quickly, before leaving them not long after. Despite how much he shared their views on war, it was a view that was - largely, in his eyes - not working. He would wander alone for several months, acting as a private investigator in Silvermoon before meeting a Blood Elf by the name of Leoren Evershine. The two shared very alike views on the world, and when Diomades learned that Evershine had been put on trial for crimes he most definitely did not commit - Diomades set out with friends to break the elf out of a Silvermoon jail cell. With Chikts help and a Zeppelin that the goblin had stashed away since the third war, the group escaped Silvermoon and returned the Blood Knights lost memory.

The group decided to found the Raven Cross, a group of Horde that saw the necessity in their actions - even if it meant going against the beliefs of the Horde, for the betterment of the Horde. They were barred from entering Silvermoon and had very little love in the Horde for their actions. However, Diomades was dealing with his own demons on the side - having bizarre, vivid nightmares that felt real - views of the history of other people. He would return home to the Southern Barrens to find the Riverhorn Tribe encampment gone, tracing his family back down to Thunder Bluff where he spoke with his mother and she revealed to him that he and the rest of the Riverhorn tribe were Spirit Walkers - their white fur was considered a bad omen among the Tauren. With a little training and meditation in the Stonetalon Mountains at the Bones of the Earthmother, Diomades learned to tap into his ability and control the nightmares.

With it came the ability of foresight - the spirits often gifting him with symbolic visions of the future that Diomades would often not fully understand until the event was not far off from happening. An ability he and many of the other, older Tauren of the Riverhorn tribe shared in common. He began to understand why his mother did not try to prevent his fathers death, just as his father had not attempted to prevent his own death - balance needed to be sustained in the world. Diomades found himself with a new insight into the actions of others thanks to the constant talking in his mind of the spirits that lingered around him - he was, at the core, a spirit magnet. It would not be long until he foresaw a dark event befalling Leoren Evershine and - despite his advice - the Blood Knight decided to leave the Raven Cross to search for the man who had puppeteered the trial against him. Diomades was left leading the quickly degrading Raven Cross in his wake.

Pulling the guild from the ashes, Diomades secured the guild with entry in Silvermoon once more with the help of an old friend - Judas Ackerson. Little to Diomades' knowledge, however, the once Human Soldier was now an Alliance General. Despite his failure to foresee the twist of events, Diomades plan was successful and the Raven Cross was allowed back into Silvermoon. Rumor began to spread about Horde and Alliance soldiers traveling into Northrend, and Diomades began to have visions of the icy North. It would not be long before he gave the order to the Raven Cross to move out, and they traveled to Northrend. Diomades began to learn more about the Lich King and his power, and was set back on track to find the power to stop war - setting himself on the path of stealing it from arguably the strongest man in the world, Arthas Menethil.

DiomadesProfile.jpg

Diomades? Hmm... first Taur'n I've had any real interactions wit' in a long time. He be a little strange in his t'inkin' about de elements. Dere only be foua, I try ta tell him, but he don' listen. His problem.

Odda den dat, he be very quiet, but an' honest mon. Don' have any real reasons ta distrust him, odda den de time he proved dat he be a menace ta society.

Having grown and developed in his elemental abilities, Diomades gained the ability to call fourth other elementals along with Ahua to aid him in combat or otherwise. Two of them are "aggressive" Elementals, meaning when called upon, they are active in combat. The other two, however, are "passive", meaning they do not show their face so much as they help Dio from out of sight.

While elementals do not posess any sort of defining qualities physically, they do have traits in their actions and speech that could be defined as masculine or feminine.

Name: Ahua

Element: Water

Gender Trait: Male

Combat Trait: Passive

Combat Ability: Healing

History: Ahua was the first elemental that Diomades became attuned with, and to this day is the one he is closest to. Ahua acts as Dio's teacher and council, but in a combat situation, he gives Dio the extra kick he needs to do healing that much better.

Name: Icutu

Element: Earth

Gender Trait: Female

Combat Trait: Aggressive

Combat Ability: Damage Taking

History: Being the Second elemental that Dio attuned himself with, Icutu considers herself a mother figure to Diomades. When called upon in a combat situation, she is quick to act and protect him. Despite their short time together, Dio and Icutu are quite close.

Name: Petaga

Element: Fire

Gender Trait: Male

Combat Trait: Aggressive

Combat Ability: Damage Dealing

History: Despite being a Fire elemental, Petaga is quite silent and only young. He was the third elemental that Dio became attuned to, and treats Diomades with respect like that of an instructor. When called upon for combat, Petaga is a force to be reckoned with.

Name: Tate

Element: Wind

Gender Trait: Female

Combat Trait: Passive

Combat Ability: Casting

History: Tate is fairly quirky for an elemental, and in many ways Dio is reminded by her of the female goblins in Gadgetzan. She was the fourth and final elemental that Dio became attuned to, and as such, she feels she has yet to prove herself to him.

"He seems to be kind and gentle, but of course anything can be observed at once only to be a lie. But of course he bears that purple and golden tabard of Sanctuary, so I suppose anyone could figure out what he stands for- Truth, justice... whatever. As long as he kills who needs to be destroyed, I have no problem with this Tauren."

Diomades is one of my finest officers. He is kind, friendly, and wise. I am very grateful to have him wear the purple and gold, because he is the very definition of what it means to be Sanctuary.

She smiles gleefully.

"He is the nicest person I have ever met! He is also very sweet to me, and sends me letters."

She looks around and whispers.

"He also has the prettiest blue eyes..!"

I met him once, but it was only brief, and I don't think he would reconize me. Very polite fellow, and devoted guardian. Glad he is there in my abscence to defend Lady Bloodborne.

Laron Ravenshank

Blaze of Tears of the phoenix

Liason for Sanctuary

A fine healer, and a fine man. I've met him once or twice, but having him at my back in Auchindoun's Shadow Labyrinth, he never let me down once. Mocked me once or twice, but his skill makes even that forgivable. I hope to stand before him as sword and shield again.

*cackles* 'is spirits be bein' laughable 'nd puny, 'nd yet 'e still be makin' such a fuss ah tings wit' dis Troll! Ah be bein' 'onahed to know 'im as little as ah do, 'nd even mo' 'onahed ta be gettin' ta know 'im furddah.

Diomades? Oh yes! He has been wonderfully selfless, gifting me with his time and knowledge. I cannot say enough great things about him. Without him, I never would have known that I have a taint.

...wait, that doesn't sound right. NO! DON'T PRINT THAT!

Der be too much ta say 'bout Dio fo' one day. We joined Sanctuary at de same time. T'rough 'is increadible 'ard work, bah de tahm ah was in mah fi'tiet' season Dio 'ad already bypassed me bah fah. 'e is kahnd an' gentle, but one o' de biggest ...jerks... ah've evah met.

Bah fah mah favorite membah o' Sanctuary.

Hmmm. I told him some things I shouldn't have.. But he seems like the type who'll keep it to himself, I hope. Usually tauren scare me, but this one isn't so bad, I think. Can never ever be too careful.

I suppose that I will always love him, even if he does not feel the same way. May the Earthmother guide him through his travels, and keep him safe.

I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting this particular tauren in person, but upon my awakening he was one of the people I had accidently contacted via my hearthstone, and he has proven to be a font of wisdom and knowledge.

I look forward to the day when I am able to sit and discuss things with this cow-man in person, as I surmise that we will have much in common and will be able to discover the truth behind the mysteries of life.

Diomades also possesses a pleasant voice.

Ah had mah firs' real conversat'n with Diomades yestaday, an' ah gotta say, 'e be oneada nahsest Tauren ah've eve met! Ah hope ta get ta know 'im betta in da future, an wish 'im da besta luck in lahf.

((written from Villayna POV))

I saw him at the Scarlet Masquerade but didn't get to speak with him, unfortunately.

-----------

Made blush: (no)

Made blush in front of spouse (no)

Dio is a wonderful person... he really is. He's helped me unasked-for many times, particularly when I really need it and I'm too far gone to want it.

He's got a definite touch of the romantic about him, and I figured sooner or later it would draw somebody to him, other than me, I mean. I'd hoped it would be later rather than sooner, but...

((Villayna POV))

I saw him at Faelen's party in Brill yesterday. I didn't get to talk to him much, but he seemed responsive to what flirts I was able to get in before Skafloc returned from his little meeting with whoever *gestures wildly with one hand*.

I know Lovely told me to be careful around him, but the girl has bonded to a female orc, for the Light's sake!

Dio, he's like my big brother, if I ever had one. While the rest of Sanctuary is kinda off in their own thing, he's one of the few people who would open up to me, and plainly talk. Although, he did hurt Lankali, he is still a role model of sorts for me. He really seems to want to be with Niethan more, when I wanted to ask him some things, but I can't expect him to always be around for me.