Izrail

Izrail

Full Name: Izrail Nex'Cruor

Nicknames: Iz, Izzy, Pinky

Date of Birth: November 6

Race: Sin'Dorei

Hair: Straw-blond

Skin: Pallid

Eyes: Hex #009900 (Blood Elf, what do you think?)

Height: 5'11"

Weight: Thin, but out of shape since certain events (see below)

Place of residence: A cottage outside Silvermoon City, owned by his partner Visant Daystar.

Place of Birth: Silvermoon City

Known Relatives: Izrail has no known blood relatives. He is an adopted member of the Nex'Cruor family, which includes Clys Nex'Cruor, Lovely Bloodstorm, and Skafloc Ran'Deau and the half-elf Crysa Nex'Cruor, all of whom are now missing, deceased, or otherwise the stuff of legend. Other members of the Nex'Cruor family are similarly unaccounted for.

Religion/Philosophy: Izrail detests gods, loa, spirits, and other such beings. He once claimed to have a personal relationship with A'dal but took to avoiding the Terrace of Light. Questions spiritual matters with skeptical curiosity. Believes all the "natural laws" of the Universe can be broken or circumvented if done right. If he worships anything, it would be power.

Group/Guild affiliation: Amarantos

Guild Rank: N/A

Enemies: Unknown

Likes: Power, battle, mana, spellcasting, flight and swimming, music, information, mood-altering substances, experiments, dragons.

Favorite Foods: Anything portable.

Favorite Drinks: Mana-infused anything.

Favorite Colors: White and red.

Weapons of Choice: Fire and shadow.

Dislikes: Priests, peers his age, slow mana regeneration, priests, being impedimented, religion, priests, Loa, nosiness when it is directed at him.

Hobbies: Magic, metaphysical science, piano, swimming.

Physical Features: Archivist's note: no recent physical description of subject available. Notable physical features before his isolation: When in full battle gear, no flesh but the tips of his ears show. A Medallion of the Horde and a Frostwolf Insignia (Rank Six) are pinned to the chest of his robe. Without his helm it is clear he is in late adolescence. He looks haggard, sickly pale, and seems to lack the vigor of youth. He usually wears glasses framed in gold and small earrings of the same material. His voice is quiet and flat. Izrail once had the semi-athletic build typical of Elves, and a lighter disposition. The change in health and appearance occurred after his disappearance (see below).

Special Abilities: Rumors have it that Izrail is immortal thanks to Clys' perfection of a technique her organization, The Immortalis, had been developing for a while, although this strains credulity. At the beginning of his adventuring career he summoned a strange demon the size of a bumble bee, which could be described as a booger with spider legs and rows of pin-like teeth. It did nothing but crawl in circles and bite Izrail, but he used to be very proud of it as it showed his precocious felcasting ability. Since learning to summon other demons, "Bug" has not been seen in public.

Positive Personality Traits: Fearless in battle, loyal, curious, playful, shameless, persistent, imaginative.

Negative Personality Traits: No common sense to speak of. Socially awkward, "recovering" mana addict, emotionally unstable and self-sabotaging, amoral, bipolar and schizoid tendencies, self-righteously sadistic, under-achiever.

Misc. Quirks: Fond of angelic symbolism and theatrical villainous archetypes. Has severe memory problems. Occasionally lapses into fugue states. Fidgety.

Played by What Famous Person: Not sure.

Theme Songs: The piano solo from Art of Life by X-Japan; All These Things I've Done by The Killers

History: Affiliative history: Izrail first shows up as one of the very first Blood Elves to begin training as an adventurer affiliated with the Horde ((the night the Burning Crusade expansion was released)). His first guild was the Blood Knights, led by a priestess named Seraphyne. He was not in it for long. His second was The Immortalis and he remains affiliated with them. When the leadership of the Immortalis vanished Izrail became a member of Melar Danashj but did not move into the guild castle, choosing to remain at the Nex'Cruor manor. He quit Melar Danashj to enroll at Silvermoon University and moved in with Visant Daystar, but still holds claim to a room at the Nex'Cruor manor. Izrail's "education" at SMU progressed rapidly. He attained Junior level before he dropped out to join Hemlock Society. After a short stay with them he left the guild.

Legal history: Adopted by the Nex'Cruor household. Applied for and was granted emancipation, to become an adult citizen of Quel'Thalas. One run-in with the law when a guard of Silvermoon assaulted him and Izrail fought back. The court ruled that Izrail had acted in self defense and the guard, Emettior Greenstrider, was placed in an asylum for the mentally ill.

Other historical facts of note: Incurred the wrath of a troll Loa and remains cursed by it. Served as Skafloc Ran'Deau's best man for his wedding to Evanthe Cindersong. Was instrumental in the rescue of Evanthe some time later. Lacks other distinguishing public feats.

Until recently ((late 2008)) most of Izrail's time in public was spent on the battlefield. He was known for capturing and defending strategic nodes while the rest of his squad distracted the Alliance on roadways ((flag ninja)). His performance fluctuated between being a top killer and needing constant revival and heals. When not in battle, he spent most of his free time in his basement laboratory.

A while ago ((June 15th 2008)) Izrail disappeared. When he returned after a couple weeks he claimed he was not himself. His appearance and demeanor had changed. Those who knew him said that it was no longer Izrail's soul which animated the body, but that of a displaced Forsaken. It is not certain when or how Izrail's soul was brought back, though sources say it had been gone several months at least. He was in isolation and presumed comatose for a time. Shortly after this archivist received word of his recovery, Izrail's partner lapsed into ill health. Izrail has not resumed his military career. Rumors are that he conducts business with various magical and scientific companies via proxies, presumably working a cure for his partner. The Daystar family is unavailable for comment.

((Placeholder picture: ))

screenshot030808004020qq1.jpg

"Izrail? Ah yes, the young warlock who has joined with our Blood Knights. I am wary of him, as I am of all practitioners of Fel magic, but there's something about this one...perhaps he is different. He does seem quite young though, and I do hope that his actions do not reflect that...."

Cerryan grins and runs a hand through his soft blond hair.

"He does seem to keep himself well-groomed, though. That's a good thing."

((Edit: Kuja is <3 ))

"Sanguine likes him for some reason, prehapes he is attracted to his seemingly innocent demeanor, or mabye something else... Whatever it is, if my lynx likes him, then it is a safe bet to say that I like him."

He seems intelligent and he's certainly got the right attitude. None of the usual shallowness you find in so many these days. He's deep, but he hides it. He has a barrier around him, which tells me he's been hurt at some point in the past, badly. It seems to have made him stronger, and determined. He approached me, wanting to know about the Immortalis. I told him the basics. He never questioned me or the truth of my words, even when a passerby laughed at my assertion that I was High Priestess of the Immortalis. Izrail does not look just at the surface of things. I offered him Initiate status in the Immortalis, and he agreed readily. We'll see what he does next. I don't think he'll disappoint me. He better not.

This handsome young warlock is definitely one of the most memorable people I have met recently. Someday soon I am going to track him down, ply him with drinks and get him to tell me all his secrets. It should be most interesting.

Israil? He is.. well.. he's charming, in a shy and withdrawn way..

..but there is so much power flowing from him... it make one drunk with it if they stand to close..

Makes me want to set something on fire just thinking about it..

"Hm. This one. Odd one. Seems to hate priests for some reason. barks on about how all priests are stuck up 'without exception'. Well, aside from that he seemed 'kind' enough apart from the other elves... a little mysterious, but then again, who am I to talk?"

I've only spoken with Izrail a few times, but due to circumstances, he is now a Nex'Cruor. I welcomed him two nights ago as my brother, even though we are adopted separately. He claimed the name as did I, and that makes us family, so I will do my best to aid and protect him as I did when I served our "mother."

I think his pink dress looks great on him, but I'd never wear one myself because I'm an honest elf.

What, you don't think I'm honest?

I'm rather unsure what I think of Izrail. On one hand he's rather silly; snippy, with some sort of aversion to the Castle.

Throws a decent party, though. I do think Ephram would have liked him.

Not the greatest Ram Racer I have ever ridden with, but it was at least entertaining to watch him try. Then again his Ram didn't take him to Khaz Modan the first time he got on his...

He is friendly enough. I do not know many who would invite a random Orc swimmin in the waters around Ratchet to a party.

I absolutely LOVE Izrail. Uncle Izzy, I shall call him from now on. My father's adopted brother, he seems to have a good sense of humor, and a good choice in a lifemate. He and I need to talk soon to discuss family matters.

Well, I got no problem with him..all though he does seem to love that pink Dress of his. He claims it is a robe, but we all know better.

Frieya leans back, smikring.

"I would like to get to know him better at some point"

I think he needs medication. He's not a bad person, but he asks so many questions about everything. Why this and who that...

But he is not my enemy, I must remember. Not my enemy....

I met this man last night, and we debated certain theories on the afterlife. He seems inquisitive about a great many things, and I hope that one day he will be comfortable with the answers he finds.