Skafloc

Skafloc Ran'Deau

Full Name: Skafloc Ran'Deau

Nicknames: Skafloc, Skaffy. The "Red Baron".

Date of Birth: Unknown

Race: Blood Elf

Hair: Reddish Brown

Skin: Tanned Pink

Eyes: Glowing Green

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 215 lbs

Places of residence: Ran'Deau Plantation, Quel'thalas..

Place of Birth: Nex'Cruor Estates, Quel'thalas

Known Relatives: Ex Wives: Evanthe Cindersong, Nymare Sunfire.. Sister Felina deceased.. Adopted Sister Lovely, Adopted brother Izrail.. Daughter Feleena Ran'Deau..

Religion/Philosophy: None, But has a fascination for Tauren mysticism and troll culture. Has an unusual, secret and little understood association with the Black Dragonflight.

Occupation: Baron Ran'Deau of the Ran'Deau plantation, Trained Farstrider.

Group/Guild affiliation: Arbiter of the Raven Cross

Guild Rank: Officer

Enemies: Demons of the Burning Legion, The Sunfurys, The Scourge armies.

Favorite Foods: Spider Sausage.. Spicy meatballs

Favorite Drinks: Imported Dwarven Ale. Wine from his Estates. Bourbon of late.

Favorite Colors: Ebony. Silver. Green. Scarlet.

Weapons of Choice: Bows. Polearms. 2 handed axes..

Dislikes: Frivolity. whining. disloyalty. Boredom.

Hobbies: Hunting, socializing, horticulture, wood carving, snooping ( or what he calls research).

Physical Features: Strong square jaw, high cheekbones. deep red hair grown long, trimmed beard.

Positive Personality Traits: Loyal, Usually calm, Analytical, Personable.

Negative Personality Traits: His curiosity might be considered nosy by some. Tends to be suspicious of overly friendly people. Sometimes cynical, can be prone to jealousy and has been prone to periodic episodes of rage.

Misc. Quirks: Ingratiating smile.. He's a collector of stories and information.

Played by what famous person: Brad Pitt.

History: House Ran'Deau was once an influential family long before the Scourge invasion. Danyxandra Ran'Deau, sister to the young Baron Skaef, was engaged to wed Morgauth Nex'Cruor, against his father's wishes. The elder Baron Nex' Cruor forbade the relationship but they persisted. A smear campaign was undertaken against House Ran'Deau, eventually leading to the brutal murder of Danyxandra. Skaef in a rage went to exact revenge upon the obvious perpetrator, Baron Nex'Cruor. The two fought, each slaying the other.

Young Morgauth took in the last surviving Ran'Deau, Arloc and his Kaldorei exile wife Rhaine, as household slaves. This act saved them from prosecution by the High Council.

Since then it was a Ran'Deau that was entrusted with the management of the Nex'Cruor estates. Young Skafloc was born and raised in the Nex'Cruor mansion,soon orphaned as his parents were slain in the Amani wars. As a young adult he eventually was named majordomo of the estates. He maintained the household while Mistress Clys was out and about adventuring in the world and pursuing her goal of immortality for herself and her loved ones. Skafloc remembered well the tragic death of his sister Felina Ran'Deau in her persistent attempt to escape her life of servitude to the Nex'Cruor. He would not make the same mistakes.

Yet freedom was Skafloc's ultimate goal. His family's servitude was no longer relevant in his mind, a hold over from ages past. Indeed he felt much of the prominence and success of the Triumvirate was directly attributable to the hard work and skill of the Ran'Deau. To see his family rise and come into their own was his dream.

He listened and collected information and tales. Rumors, scandals, anything that might be of value or leverage at some future time. To Skafloc it was simply another form of currency and wealth.

The unexpected arrival of the twins Danyxandra and Danzrielle into Mistress Clys' secret lab opened a new chapter in Skafloc's life, one that led to his ultimate dream coming to fruition.

The explosion that caught Danyx and the contents of the experimental canister that housed Clys' new body also caught Skafloc. The body, animated and self aware, called itself Morgauth, and along with Danyx exhibited miraculous powers of healing, possibly immortality

What they did not realize is that Skafloc also exhibited some enhanced healing ability. This information he eventually shared with Morgauth and Danyxandra.

Morgauth had taken over control of the Nex'Cruor household, and Skafloc was sworn to his service. An agreement was reached between the three to solidify their hold on the estates and eliminate the threat posed by Danzrielle, Danyxandra's twin sister. After several failed attempts at her life, Danzrielle eventually perished in an accident, leaving Skafloc as the one to be elevated from servant to noble status by Morgauth Nex'Cruor.

Baron Skafloc took over ownership of the deFafnyr plantation, formerly the Ran'Deau plantation of his ancestors. Not long after he began a relationship with a budding young artiste named Evanthe Cindersong. She was actively studying the fel arts of the warlock while running a modest gallery in Silvermoon City. The relationship seemed to be heading serious however it encountered a pitfall as nervousness over the relationship caused some tension.

It was at that time Skafloc had met a young, beautiful ranger in training named Nymare Sunfire. Over the course of a few encounters he began to consider her a friendly acquaintance, a colleague.

During a fateful encounter in Hammerfall with her, he learned of the dire circumstances she and her family faced at the hands of a tyrant of a lord, Alin Vos'Aryyn. In a gesture of selflessness he offered to wed Nymare out of convenience to work the laws and politics so she and her family would be freed from any claim of this Lord Alin.

In the following weeks however as he spent more and more time with her planning the upcoming nuptials he grew to the realization he was indeed falling in love with her for real. In a highly charged emotional moment the pair decided to elope and were wed in an abandoned temple on the shores of Azshara, much to the anger and humiliation of Evanthe Cindersong, his love at the time. Evanthe became an enemy of the pair.

Their brief marriage however was strained by various external and internal influences, ultimately resulting in parting ways when it was obvious their paths took them down separate routes. There remained however some friendship between the two.

The Nex'Cruors had vanished, leaving Baron Skafloc the sole heir to the entire Nex'Cruor holdings. He has transferred ownership of the vineyard to his neighbor and distant relative, Baroness Villayna deSinisca.

Soon after he experienced a close brush with death, where a heavy poisoning by Malorii of the House of Ghant sent him into a deep catatonic state. Indeed he was thought dead until the poison dissipated and he slowly regained consciousness with the aid of the warlock Evanthe, guild member and former love. Evanthe nursed the ailing Skafloc back to health, forging a closeness that soon led to the two falling back in love and renewing their former relationship on a much more personal level.

The experience of near death has not been without its effects on Skafloc, both emotionally and physically. His former unusual vitality gained in the lab explosion has vanished for the most part. He developed a more critical outlook on life and his people.

Evanthe and Skafloc encountered a human rogue named Henri Fynne, a meeting that eventually proved to be monumental in its significance to them both. It led to Skafloc being marked by an arcane rune by a human warlock named Alyiane, a rune that would prove to be cruel in its affect. After much research and aid by both Evanthe and the orc Warrior Tamora, a former warlock acolyte, a solution to the rune problem was discovered. It was in fact one of a trio of related runes that if completed would transfer control of the runes to the new warlock. Evanthe, a trained artist and warlock completed the three runes. It succeeded however it left Skafloc the three runes tattooed on his upper back, under the control of Evanthe who made them dormant.

The runes left the two with a unique bond that went unseen and unnoticed to the majority of the outside world, save warlocks powerful enough to possibly sense the arcane runes affect. As time went on his relationship with Evanthe grew ever stronger ... leading to their wedding on the shores of Eastern Sea in the shadow of the Duskwither Spire.

The couple however would not live happily ever after. After a tumultuous Spring of kidnappings, personal tragedy, emotional heartache and changes forced on Evanthe by Sunfury captors the pair drifted further and further apart over the summer. Eventually the strain proved to great on them both and they parted ways.

Skafloc is once again a bachelor, focused on rediscovering himself and his place in the world.

skaf1.jpg

Why fancy-boy elf wear black dragonscale armor? Chingaso say that waste.

Because the ladies like a dangerous Man in Black.. :wink:

Bah. Elf as silly as Chingaso cousin. Fashion indeed.

Skafloc? Never met him, but I have seen him around. He's interesting, to say the least. I hope to talk with him one day, and see what fun I can have with him.

*giggles*

Why fancy-boy elf wear black dragonscale armor? Chingaso say that waste.

Because the ladies like a dangerous Man in Black.. :wink:

Bah. Elf as silly as Chingaso cousin. Fashion indeed.

SILLY?!? ChinGASo!!!

You totally look fab in that armor. For an elf anyway...

You totally look fab in that armor. For an elf anyway...

Thank you dearest. I can see you are a woman of taste. And maybe enjoy the night life, dancing and socializing? Maybe?

"Skafloc?" Danzrielle sniffs. Why, he and his family has belonged to the Nex'Cruors as far back as anyone can remember. It's always good to have him around. Good servants aren't always easy to find and Skafloc has certainly had the better qualities for a man in his station to have acquired bred right into him."

Danyxandra smiles warmly when Skafloc is mentioned. "Ah, the trusted Majordomo of House Nex'Cruor. Where would that family be had it not been for the Ran'Deau loyalty. A time will come when Skafloc aquires above his birth, and well deserved I say. Well deserved, indeed.

Verloran blinks. "Skafloc? You mean... Skafloc Ran'Deau? As in Felina's brother? Wow. I honestly didn't know he was still alive. Not much I can say about him.. I've only met him a couple times, and that was so long ago.... He definately seems like a person who enjoys power, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he told Clys of Felina's attempted escape with me, actually, just to earn himself a couple brownie points."

Skafloc....Skafloc....

I know that name. Ah yes, isn't he the vibrant young thing in the armor? You know the one with the buldging....muscles?

Hmmm, oh yes. I positively MUST meet that one.

I might say I ran into him, except that he was behind me the entire time.

I am not sure -what- that says about him.

((my dragonhawk brings all the boys to the yard?))

Baron Skafloc is the most honest and interesting man I know. He has true integrity. Our relationship goes back a long way, past even current memory. I was more than pleased to have him as best man at my wedding. I'm even more pleased to see him finally coming into his own as a leader. He will always be one of my very closest friends.

"He's not only useful on the battlefield, but also an honest and loyal member of the Nex'Cruor family. I hear only good things about Skafloc, and I hope it stays that way.

Oh, but I fear for him a bit. I hear he has his eyes set on that Prea girl... and she is not exactly a nice little girl."

Nymare stands off to the side, her dragonhawk hovering beside her like a living flame.

At last! I fnally have a name to go with my dragonhawk's admirer. And calm down, fellas, it was very obvious from your sweet Ranger's converstation that he is everything you claim him to be. He had the rare opportunity to catch me off guard, and I do not think I recovered well at all; however, he was amusing, charming, and he is very kind with his words, is he not, Icarus?

She reaches out to stroke the soft underside to the dragonhawk's jaw and then nods as if the two had just exchanged a sentiment before turning to walk way.

You are right, he does not know the half of it, but it is probably better that way. I suppose I should thank the rogue, too, for being as late as he was with Avalae and I, or I might have missed this entirely.

"Scafloc?" Jianilde looks questioningly at the goblin. "Oh yes! I sent out a call for help and he responded post haste... Although I had to wait a while." Gingerly, sipping the bubbly fluid from her wine glass continued. "But I SUPPOSE it was because he was so far away. Besides, he seemed like a nice man. Very quiet... He was good with his bow. I was quite impressed!"

The goblin mumbles something about relationships.

"What?!" Jianilde stands knocking her chair back. "I hardly know the man! What makes you think that?! You better not print that! I swear I'll have you cut to shreds!"

"Maintain order in the city, civilian!" An Arcane Proctector repsonds to Jianilde's outburst.

"OH SHUT UP!!!"

Skafloc is family to me. What can I say other than I look up to him as though he were a big brother. True, I used to be more powerful than him, but upon my transformation he was one of the first to take me in and give me a chance. I won't forget that.

*Raises an eyebrow at all the elves lounging around, then glances down at Luxa*

"All dese Elfies are so short..." She whispers, the cat rumbles in response.

I met dis Elfie Skafloc da other day, when I was 'elpin da young Grim Lovely wit a few tasks. 'E was verah polite, if ah bit forward. "e made me want ta know more about da Elfie culture...

An a promisin 'unter, 'e jus needs ta focus more on 'is aim an less on....other tings.

Karnya blushes, and walks out of the room.

While his finger seems to be in every pie in Melar Danashj, he also is a voice of reason. I think having him looking out for Nasuj makes things easier. We lucked out with this refugee. He discovered parts of the castle that nobody had and his flowers...

Oh his flowers.

I promise myself I will not inhale until I know what it does.