Vakshna

Nostalgia, 9 years after “Goblin interim year 23”

Hey folks, it’s Gurrah the Gambler here!  Those of you who know me or even vaguely recognize my name probably know me best from the “Goblin Interim year 23” started in 2010 as a precursor to the cataclysm release and an introduction to all the Goblins joining in the twisting nether RP community at the time. An epic RP trilogy started by brothers Rikt and Chikt.  Over the course of this trilogy I met many amazingly talented writers, some were good from the get go and had the entire story and character development plotted out way in advance (looking at you Rikt and Chikt), others like myself evolved and improved as the stories went on developing both our characters and ourselves as writers.  Others swooped in unexpectedly and blew us away with a epic antagonist/protagonist encounters like “Smiles Macblaster” whom to this day has been one of my favorite writers to work with.  I remember during the writing of these rp’s I would log in from my trade school when I got out of class every damn day, so excited to see who wrote what and how the story progressed I could barely contain myself.  Through these experiences I grew as a writer, I learned where my strengths and weaknesses were and just through working with you was inspired to improve just so I felt worthy playing on the same field as you folks.  I realized my strengths were solid in combat scenes and sarcastic humor, I developed ways to show the darker side of my character P.T.S.D, Alcoholism, and haunting memories and regrets from life as an assassin.  I learned how to express my character’s point of view in emotional and rational (and occasionally irrational) reactions.

Working with you folks helped me develop skills in writing that required more finesse and thoughtfulness than any collegiate writing class had ever taught me.  As of now I have long left the depressing swamps of Florida, moved to the Seattle area, and have a beautiful wife whom I get to enjoy the pleasure of writing collaboratively with as a bonding pastime (she’s an absolute bookworm, a status I wouldn’t have been able to impress had it not been for my experiences of writing with you amazing folks.).  I still find myself nostalgic and logging back into TNG just to read and re-read the Goblin Rp’s where I got my start writing stories rather than just poetry. To any of the writers I’ve worked with in the past please, reach out to me on here.  I would love the opportunity to reconnect and work on more projects together, just send me a message and a link to the story we’ve worked together on and I will get back in touch as soon as possible.  I will be logging on to check about once a week, and while I don’t play wow anymore I am working on other non-wow related projects that I would love to work with some folks on.  If you have wow stories you’d like help with I can bring in Gurrah the Gambler or other characters for a Cameo or two.

To the fellow writers of the Goblin interim stories from 2010, and the others I’ve worked with in the past (looking at you Venedict, also we totally need to meet up again and catch up for old times sake, I haven’t forgotten about you.)  Thank you for a fun and memorable experience and helping me evolve as a fantasy writer.

if any of you still scout these forums please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely, Gurrah the Gambler.  Goblin, assasin, smart-ass, and alcoholic.

• Like 1