Sign in to follow this  
Katelle

Signed, Sealed, Delivered (Redux)

Early-Mid July, 2016

Kex'ti,

I hope this missive finds you well, my friend. It has been some time since we've had the pleasure of conversation--how fares you and yours? I suppose in some way we are all still reeling from the Quorum's touch upon our lives, and yet I hold some hope that you have found a semblance of normalcy (and dare I venture, peace?) in these past months.

I wish that I could touch pen to parchment with a request for drinks and friendly discussion, but such is not the case at this time. My intent is twofold: I seek advice (and perhaps a hefty favor) on behalf of someone who has come to me for assistance, as well as information about a mutual friend.

The first involves Brinnea Velmon. I am told you have met her before on the field of combat, when you attempted to dissuade her from her foolish notion of drawing out the Grim by holding innocents hostage. Though she has been exiled from the Empire for her crimes, Brinnea recently came to me out of desperation to request my assistance in...truthfully, I am uncertain of her exact goal. She seeks to attempt to cure herself of--I believe--both the "blackouts" which cause her to lose control of her faculties, and the hunger which plagues her body as an Ebon Knight, that which has driven her to unspeakable acts and makes her fear for her ability to care for her young daughter. I have never heard that the latter could be possible, but neither would I turn away someone who very nearly begged for my help after being exiled from the Empire by mine own pen.

Brinnea wishes to isolate herself as much as possible in order to reduce the chance of her harming an innocent should she suffer another "blackout" episode, and I have agreed to accommodate her. However, isolation alone will not cure her; she wagers that within three months of a violence-free existence, she will perish under the hunger suffered by her kind. Some form of outside interference will be necessary if she has any hope of rehabilitation; my initial thoughts were of yourself and Brianna Mackinzie--the latter for her skills in dealing with the mind, and the former in the hopes that your abilities as a monk could help Brinnea find some kind of balance to soothe her violent urges.

My second purpose for writing involves Siane Dawnlight. Siane often spends time away from the Empire, and so frequent absences from our ranks have come to be expected--and yet it has been brought to my attention that she has disappeared from personal contacts as well. I fear for her and her child, and as I have thankfully not heard that her delivery ended in tragedy, I am concerned that something else has befallen her. Has Sanctuary had recent contact with Siane? It would set my mind at ease to know that she is well...or whatever state of being she happens to exist in. Any information you could share with me regarding her doings and wellbeing is immensely appreciated.

Thank you for your time spent in reading this, my friend. Should there be anything I can aid you with in return, as always, you know how to reach me. Be safe, and be well.

Hopefully,

Katelle Larmont
General
Twilight Empire

August, Y32 [Written in Thalassian]

Katelle. Were that events of late were more pleasant or even tolerable. I am disheartened to hear of the loss of King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin alike. That so many take the loss of the former as the result of Horde actions rather than the Legion’s, and the subsequent attacks on Horde territories, is a source of tremendous disappointment.

It would seem the Quorum succeeded, in their own way. Truly, what little time we did buy seems almost trite in the wake of the tragedy at the Broken Shore. Normalcy, or some semblance of it, is almost the furthest thing from my mind. I have little doubt the same is true with you.

I have met Brinnea Velmon, and witnessed her acts in Mulgore. While attempts to cure the murderous rage of her condition are admirable, I do not know of any method that will help to find her peace. The Mist’s ability to interact with the undead, even death knights, is a technique that the Horde and Alliance, particularly the Forsaken, have only recently developed given that the Pandaren had no opportunity nor need to modify their healing arts to account for differing states of normalcy. If I come to such a method, I will make it known to you.

Be very careful with how you restrain her. Even in her right mind, it strikes me as rather questionable that one would hold innocents hostage, and I have serious concerns for her thought process.

If Brianna can provide a more robust technique, then that is likely for the best.

As for Siane, she was seen a few weeks ago in Sanctuary, but I have not seen her or her child since. At the time, all seemed well. I doubt she would be in danger beyond what perils we face as a world at present.

Remain vigilant, Katelle. I fear that we have only encountered the fore of the challenges in the coming years.

Kexerian Tideriel Dalendala

Marshal of Sanctuary

The response is written in Thalassian as well, but it is not Katelle's handwriting.

August 2016

Kex'ti,

Indeed, things have changed drastically in these weeks. My heart grieves as well for the loss of both the King and the Warchief...and it sickens me to hear of blame being placed at the feet of innocent parties and the resulting violence. I hear talk that the Horde "abandoned" the Alliance at a critical point, and yet I cannot bring myself to believe it...not after learning of Warchief Vol'jin's passing.

How fares Sanctuary? The Empire has lost Myaka Winterborne to the conflict upon the Broken Shore, and Brianna Mackinizie lies comatose and cursed. I am nearly broken in my grief for my friends, but if those of your order are at least alive I will count that as a rare happiness. 

I won't talk of Brinnea's choices in the past right now, only that she has joined the fight against the Legion and plans regarding her have been put on hold indefinitely. Even so, I thank you for your input. Regarding Siane, she appeared at an Empire meeting shortly after I received your reply. My fears have been allayed, and I thank you for your information there as well.

Please be safe, Kex'ti, or as safe as you can manage in these times. I cannot take to the field myself, but I will keep you and yours in my thoughts. 

~Katelle Larmont
General
Twilight Empire

Transcribed by Ketani Addison