Yvonne

What's the difference between wooing women and playing on TNG? (New)

There isn't--I've got no experience in either!

I'm fresh to TNG after picking the server out. My friends and I decided it was a good time to pick up WoW after seeing the film and getting promotional codes for the game and 30 days free, so I rolled up a few characters. Only Yvonne (who account's named for) is for RP at the moment, but I'll eventually roll more up I figure.

Mostly this is just me checking for a pulse of some kind, and looking to join any cluster of people that'll take me. I'm willing to chat it up with anyone pretty much!

Welcome to WoW and TNG!

You can join the community chat channels in game:

If Alliance, type: /join rp

If Horde, type: /join horde

These channels are out of character chat channels for roleplayers to chat with each other.

An easy way to get involved right away is to join an RP guild. Are you Horde or Alliance? We can recommend some guilds you might be interested in.

TNG is very active. Note though that it will be shut down for a little while this weekend while it moves to a new site.

Welcome to the realm! It's always good to see new faces around. Most people know me as Nat or Cicelle on alliance side and Drak'zon horde side. I'll certainly keep an eye out for you and we can rp it up beyond responsible measure!

If you haven't already /join rp works on both factions and it's a channel we use to communicate out of character (OOC) and get together for rp and advertise events going on. Horde side also has a sekert squirrels channel called Eclipse which a great deal of them sit in that channel also if you are looking for a nibble or casual talk.

The site is about to go down for the weekend but don't fret about posting till then as I'm told it will all save over except for blogs.

Again welcome to the Netherholdt.

Hi Yvonne! Are you completely new to WoW in general also, or have you played in the past? If the movie prompted you to check out the game for the first time, that's pretty damn cool! Either way, glad to have you here. :) The RP community on Twisting Nether/Ravenholdt is nice and active. Syreena has it right with the OOC Rp channels- although I've never heard of /horde and I don't think that's been used in quite a few years, so you may not find many people in there.

/join RP on horde side also and you will find plenty of Rpers to meet. :) Welcome!

Also on the Horde side, /join RP as well. More people are in /join RP than /join Horde. Also also, welcome to TNG and Netherholdt! There are a bunch of guilds on either faction to choose from. Horde side there's Sanctuary, the Grim, Borrowed Time, Rutilus Luna and the Eversong Elite. Alliance side there's the Jade Lion, Cup and Blade Caravan, Twilight Empire, Eternal Aegis and some others but I'm not the most knowledgeable of Alliance side stuff. Most of the guilds have websites or posts going into detail on what's up somewhere on TNG, so y'know, check 'em out! Welcome again to Netherholdt!

A small list of recommended addons

Total Rp 3: which is a profile style addon that makes having a character sheet a great deal easier and public. It also has a track function which you can disable so you can find other rpers in the same area with ease.

Gryphonheart items: An addon that lets you create imaginary items that are purely for rp and immersion.

Mogit: A giant wardrobe that helps with making outfits for your character by showing every armor piece/weapon in the game open to our character.

All these can be easily downloaded and even install themselves with a curse client.

http://mods.curse.com/client

If you ever modded Skyrim or anything it functions just like the Nexus

Also on the Horde side, /join RP as well. More people are in /join RP than /join Horde. Also also, welcome to TNG and Netherholdt! There are a bunch of guilds on either faction to choose from. Horde side there's Sanctuary, the Grim, Borrowed Time, Rutilus Luna and the Eversong Elite. Alliance side there's the Jade Lion, Cup and Blade Caravan, Twilight Empire, Eternal Aegis and some others but I'm not the most knowledgeable of Alliance side stuff. Most of the guilds have websites or posts going into detail on what's up somewhere on TNG, so y'know, check 'em out! Welcome again to Netherholdt!

Cool! I've downloaded the plugins mentioned below--is there any specific way to get the attention of these guilds?

Welcome, Yvonne! It's a pleasure to have you on-board.

A quick note about Alliance-side /RP: it's fairly quiet (almost dead silent) during the daytime hours. Evening hours are more active. If you're on during the day, don't let that deter you! I promise the channel will liven up a bit. *Laughs*

You're welcome to hit me up anytime to chat, ask questions, or even for some RP. My schedule is a bit strange, but if I've got the time I'm happy to hang! You can find me on Alliance-side, usually on Katelle-Ravenholdt, Daerek-TwistingNether, or Ketani-Ravenholdt.

Cool! I've downloaded the plugins mentioned below--is there any specific way to get the attention of these guilds?

If you find a guild you like and aren't sure who to contact, just ask, and someone will point you in the right direction.

Syreena makes a fantastic point. Please don't ever be afraid to ask questions, even if it's just to try and figure out who to contact! Since the servers are merged, you'll also run into duplicate names across both servers (there is a Katelle-Ravenholdt and a Katelle-TwistingNether, for example, but only the RH one is me!)...so maybe if you can't find someone in-game easily, you can also ask someone else to get them a message!

Also thanks Nikaa for posting that recruitment link. It made me realize TE never put up our post! That's been rectified, haha.

Also also: now that we've got an incoming of folks from the movie, maybe we should start listing our server with our character names. I'll edit my previous post to reflect this. Yvonne, which server did you create your character on? :o

Hallo new friend! The others have covered things pretty well thus far but i'll send my warm hello's as well! I'm Myaka-Ravenholdt to use Kate's idea I'm always up for chatting or RPing. Welcome to the server!

I'm one of the Jade Lions 'officers' so you already have our attention though if you should be more concerned with which guild fits you the best. I recommend checking out the recruitment page.

Jade Lion is what I like to call a chaos guild. We are currently an Alliance Navel ship of the line crew though were probably the worse seaman ever to exist and may be seeing an alignment shift soon(maybe) We don't really have officership as we just do what everyone wants to do at that moment whether is be go playing in Splashran, Arena, Cmodes or a thirteen hour rp arc it's really up to the people that are on.

Cup and Blade is a trader style guild that does a lot of travel, primarily rp from my knowledge but I could be mistaken. Again it is best to check their own pages.

Eternal Agies is the Jade Lions more organized sister guilds (We were both born from the same one) I know in the past they have done RBGs and raiding but it has been some time since I've talked with their members.

Twilight Empire is the oldest by far and most orderly. They have a neat website to apply for and a weekly meeting every Sunday at 7:30 server time and are themes from my understand a peace-oriented guild striving to mend the wounds caused by thirty some years of conflict. They do in fact raid on normal and heroic as far as I know perhaps higher.