Sign in to follow this  
Nikaa

Flowers And Daydreams Pressed Between Pages - Rylie's Journal

depressed-diary-girl-journal-love-Favim.com-282668.jpg

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry I haven't written in you for so long. Actually, you aren't even my real diary. My first one, that is. That book is probably still back at home in Eastvale, but I never could go back and get it. I hope no one read it..

So I have a new diary now. And a new home, too. Well.. sort of. Right now I'm in the Borrowed Time garrison. But I'm getting ready to move... to Dalaran!!

I'm both happy and sad. I'm excited because I really like Kexti and I can't believe I'm going to get to live in Dalaran! It's so pretty there, it's even neater than I thought it would be.

But I'm also sad because I'm leaving Borrowed Time, and all my friends here. Most of the other kids are nice, even the ones that didn't like me at first. And I'm going to really miss Mayce, and Chief and Taozhu and Mythiis and everyone.. I hope I can come visit them. But Chief said they are moving to Burning Lands, so I don't know. Maybe some of them will come see me in Dalaran. I hope so.

I sent Kex'ti a letter asking if I could come live there and he said yes! Here is the letter he sent me.

ccd8a46b3018df212358c76d636769f0.png

It's written in Orcish because I'm supposed to be learning how to speak that. He's really strict about it. But I used my study book so I could see what it said. He also sent me some donuts that were really good, and my own guild tabard! I think I am going there soon. I can't wait!

Ok Diary I have to go do my chores now.

Love,

Rylie Tattersall

Dear Diary,

Last night I went to a Love Is In The Air party because I heard there was going to be a date auction and I wanted to watch. One guy took off all of his clothes!! I better not tell Kex'ti.

Siane was there! I was happy because there was someone there that I knew. It was fun to watch, but it almost went so late that I missed my curfew. I was going to leave sooner but there was this creepy guy that was trying to buy a lady. She seemed really scared. I don't know who the guy was, I think he was a mage. But everytime I looked at him, he was something different. Sometimes a worgen, sometimes an elf. Anyway, luckily only one person took off their clothes. YIKES!

Love,

Rylie

Dear Diary,

I haven't written in so long! Again! I keep meaning to, but then I forget. Anyway, there's a Sanctuary meeting right now, and I've met so many interesting people. Lohd is standing right next to me and can probably see me writing this. Hi Lohd! :) <3

Tonight was really fun! I met Ariavan and his assistant Loranah. She's really nice and just took the Oath and joined Sanctuary. She has a mechanical rabbit named Butterbutt! Ariavan had a mechanical squirrel and gave it to me. That was so nice of him!

And Lohd just gave all of us carved animals he made himself, representing his first hunts! Mine is a ferret. I love it and I'm going to put it on my dresser. Thank you Lohd, if you're reading this! (But probably not cause you're standing over by Julilee now.)

So what else. I'm really excited because Ariavan is a relic hunter and I never really thought about it before, but I want to do that! I COULD do that! And Sanctuary is always looking for artifacts anyway. Just think, I could do something that could actually help them even though I'm still too young to do most things. I still have to ask Kex'ti. But Julilee said yes and I'm sure Kex'ti will also. I bet they'd even take me to look for artifacts sometimes. Then I can go do something with them. It would be really fun. and Ariavan said he's happy to teach me, and Juli said he can take me places as long as they're safe.

This is the best day in a long time. I can't wait til Kex'ti gets home so I can ask him about being a relic hunter. And Noblegarden starts in a few days! Juli said I can go visit my friends in Goldshire, Siane is going to take me with her, so I'll be safe. I can't wait to see everyone again, it's going to be weird going back there because I've been gone for awhile now. We always have fun hunting for the eggs- they can have all my chocolate though, I don't like it anymore.

I just thought of the perfect name for my squirrel! Nutsin. Nutsin Bolts. Cause it's a mechanical squirrel.

Ok, diary. It's getting late so I have to get ready for bed now.

Dear Diary, 

I can't believe I forgot about you! It's been a really long time since I wrote. I guess I just got so busy with my studies, and then moving back to Stormwind was a big change. I was just cleaning up my room and found you tucked way in the back of my dresser drawer, under some old clothes I haven't worn in a long time. But I'm so glad I found you again! 

Since it's been over four years since I wrote anything, it's really impossible to talk about all the things that have happened since then. When things got bad with the war, Mom and Dad (Kexti and Juli) decided it would be much safer for me if I came back to Stormwind. It was really hard at first, and I was so sad. I was still able to go visit them in Dalaran sometimes, but then Mom got busy with things that kept her away, so it would mostly just be Dad and I. He used to write to me a lot more, but I think when he's out in the field fighting, it gets too hard to keep up with. I just really hope he's ok right now. I miss him and Mom.

I've been keeping myself busy though- I was going to join Twilight Empire, but that got messed up by the War also. At the orphanage, they were telling those of us that were old enough that we should try to find a guild to join. And that's why I was going to join them, but then I ended up doing something even better! At the orphanage, Matron Nightingale said she saw something promising in me, and asked if I'd stay on there and help to mentor some of the older kids that will be leaving soon. Just kind of in various ways, depending on who they are and what they might need. Some of them I help with their studies, or just talking to them about what they might expect when they leave and how to find a guild or a trade skill that they'd enjoy. Some of the girls, I teach self defense and how to use some of the things Dad taught me. And sometimes I'll talk to some of the new orphans that come in that might be scared or confused, because I remember how I felt also, when I lost my real Dad. They just want me to be a positive influence on the kids, and they said it's easier for the other kids to relate to someone closer to their age, and especially someone who has been through it. Anyway, in exchange for that I get room and board at the orphanage. I like it because I feel like I can make a difference to people. I think Mom and Dad would be proud. I try to pass on the values I learned from Sanctuary, also. 

Also, look at this photograph that my friend Aldren took! A bunch of us were outside because it was snowing, and I was writing a note to my friend Heidi, and he took this picture. I didn't even see him do it! I think it's neat, though. I love the snow falling in it. 

Ok goodnight Diary, I'll try to remember to write in you more often. Plus, I have something exciting to talk about, but this is getting too long so I'll do it tomorrow. Goodnight!

Rylie.png

Edited by Nikaa

Dear Diary,

I am so nervous right now! I can finally talk about what I wanted to mention last night, but I ran out of time. And it's the reason why I was emptying out my drawer yesterday and found you.

Let me explain. There is a game show called The House that has been around for a couple of years. I've heard of it before, but I didn't see anything from the first season. I just heard a little bit about it. They say all kinds of crazy things happened, but it was pretty dangerous. Then the last season was earlier this year, in the winter time. I saw a couple of episodes from that one after I heard people talking about it in town. It didn't seem nearly as bad as the other season I heard about. Mostly it looked fun. They were playing some game where they kept having to taste different potions that would do different things, like turn them invisible, or into a giant, or they'd start bleating like a goat. And in another episode, they were following some clues that would lead them to a secret room in the house. It just looked so interesting. I enjoyed watching the ones I saw, but I didn't think much about it and forgot about it after that. 

Well, a couple of weeks ago I saw some of these flyers posted up around town. I took this one, because there were more of them around. 

House_S3_Flyer.png

It's going to be on a boat this time! And go to some islands! At first I got excited because I thought I'd try and watch more of it this time. But then I got to thinking. What if- just what if- I applied, myself? What a crazy idea. I really wasn't sure about trying it. But at the same time, if I didn't at least try, I'd never know. I'm not even sure if I want to do it, it sounds so scary when I think about it! But also, exciting. I went ahead and sent in an application. I'm sure I won't get picked. But at least I tried. I don't even know what I'd do if I did get selected! I did tell the Matrons about it. They aren't too sure what to make of it, but they didn't tell me not to. The deadline for people to send an application is tomorrow and then they'll announce who got picked to be on it, I guess. So at least after tomorrow I'll know one way or another, and I can stop worrying about it!

Dear Diary, 

My heart is racing right now! Today seemed like just another normal day, until this evening. Shellene handed me a letter that she said arrived earlier. At first I thought it might be from Dad, but I could see right away from the writing that it wasn't. That's when my stomach started doing flipflops, because I wasn't expecting any other letters from anyone. So it could only be one thing.

I took the letter upstairs to my room to open it, and my hands were shaking when I did. I was pretty sure it was going to be a rejection letter, and I was almost hoping it was. The idea of actually going on the show seems terrifying to me! Why did I even apply, what was I thinking! So I unfolded the letter, held my breath and read it. 

Oh my gosh, Diary. I'm going to be on the show!! What am I going to do?! It's so scary to think of going off on my own for something like this, not knowing anyone else there! I'm so scared, but I am excited, too. Matron Nightingale was not very happy with me! I guess she didn't really take it serious, or didn't know what it was, or both. They are letting me go, though. And now, I have to pack for about a month and a half. That's a really long time! 

I'm mostly finished packing right now, I'll do the rest of it in the morning. I don't know how I'm going to sleep, tonight. In the morning I'll finish getting the rest of my things together, and then Shellene and Aldren are going to arrange a flight for me down to Booty Bay. I've never even been to Booty Bay alone. 

I hope the other people on the show are nice, and they like me. I hope I like them. Maybe I'll make some new friends. I wonder if there will be anyone my age there. I wonder what islands we'll be going to? Oh, I'm really nervous! But I think this will be the adventure of a lifetime. And I'm for sure going to bring you to write in. 

Ok, Diary. Goodnight. Next time I write in you, we'll probably be on a boat!