Kerala

WoWers in the RL wild

The family and I are out and about today. We're driving, four us in the Beetle, which is at capacity. I have a green Horde decal centered on the back window (my car is green).

So we creep up on a white SUV thing with the family sick figures of Star Wars, empire emblem in the center, wiper blade looks like a light saber. .. We're all inspecting the cool things happily.

We pass them.

A moment later, they zoom up to pace us briefly, and hold up a quickly written note. "For the alliance!"

We both exchange happy nerd hello gestures, then continue our separate ways.

Happy Friday!

That's awesome! I had a Horde sticker on my old car and there were a number of times where I'd be driving around and hear someone yell "FOR THE HORDE!" as they drove past. Had people leave WoW-related notes on my windshield while I was parked a few times too!

This happened to me a few years ago, but it was such a cool story I'm going to repost it here:

So there was just a knock at my door and when I answered, it was 2 guys from Cox (where I get my cable/internet) going door to do doing a customer satisfaction survey and offering some service upgrades.

They asked how I use my internet and I said mostly browsing and playing online games. One of them said, "Are you a WoW player?" and I said yes, and he's like "Oh right on, we are too! Fist bump!" and gave me a fist bump. Then I was like "But wait, are you horde or alliance?" They said Alliance and I was like "AHH get out!" LOL. They laughed and asked what server I'm on and I said Twisting Nether and one of them goes "Oh we're from Korgath.. we do lots of pvp- WHAT UP!" And kind of threw his arms out like 'bring it!'.

So they go through some more of the service package but I said I wasn't interested right now. One asks me "Don't you have lag issues at all?" And I said no and he's like "Oh you will, we'll fix you up real good!" :D

It was so funny and awesome, and kinda made my day. That was the very first time I've ever met another WoW player in RL.

When I was still in the Army I got called into one of my superior's superior's office.

I was quite caught off guard as to my recollection I hadn't jacked anything up.

Anyhow so I go in and he starts talking to me about a few random things and suddenly he asks me if I play WoW. I suppose he overheard me talking to another soldier about it.

Turns out he played it as well and wanted to ask me a few questions about PvP.

Six years later and I still see him on occasion and we still talk about WoW.