Katrynne

Weekly Alliance RP Tavern Night

Which night is best for weekly Alliance tavern RP night?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which night is best for weekly Alliance tavern RP night?

• Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • I'm interested, but none of these days works for me.

I think at one time there was tavern night RP once a week for the Alliance. I'm not sure what happened to that, but it sounds fun, so Kat will be hanging out in a tavern at least once a week on the chance someone will stop by for RP.

I'm thinking Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday each week. Preferences? Are there any conflicts with guild raid/PVP nights or other regularly scheduled events?

Where? Blue Recluse? Pig and Whistle? Stormshield?

The turnoff in the past was that Alliance RP has become so tavern-only and not plot-related that the RP got stale. Attempts to have tavern nights in the Scarlet Raven tavern in Duskwood (Knights of Dusk) and Elodor (Order of the Redblade) helped to some extent, as well as the IC potions of the Coallition meetings.

However, now that most of the active RP guilds have been more plot-centric, I would agree that a weekly tavern night would be a great idea!

The Cup and Blade is down for any of the three days listed! As for location, we're down for wherever.

I would recommend any location that is easy for a level 1 to get to, without having the requirement of owning any of the newer expansions or needing to beg for a port or summons.

I think anywhere in the old world would work, even Duskwood can be reached if someone is stubborn enough! Same with Dalaran- it is possible to get there at level 1, believe it or not.

I would avoid using Stormshield or the Shrine in Pandaria, since that could potentially exclude people or at least make things difficult.

My top pick for location would be Dalaran.

I really welcome this as an idea to give the Alliance the same sort of weekly RP spot that we've got Hordeside, and as an opportunity for me to stop talking the talk about playing my gnome lock again and actually getting to it! I'm also for a rotating location because I love variety, but also see the virtue in keeping a static location because then there's never a question of where the RP is happening, so I leave that decision to the organizers!

(Note that on the nights I'm available, I'll be able to summon! This may help allow us to go have fun in Dalaran or somewhere lovely every now and then without being exclusive :) )

(Note that on the nights I'm available, I'll be able to summon! This may help allow us to go have fun in Dalaran or somewhere lovely every now and then without being exclusive :) )

I've tested this- you can roll a level 1 and take the Stormwind boat to Northrend- flight master is right at the dock and goes directly to Dalaran- it's the only flight point in Northrend you get automatically. ;)

Getting the weekly bar night would be awesome again. I remember myself and guildies causing some ruckus at a few of the nights to stir the pot a bit, haha. Why not have the bar change each week either? Dalaran one week, duskwood another, Ironforge someday, or even out of the way/random places like menethil harbor? Or some Kalimdor places... none come to mind right away though. Would help liven it up and brush the staleness that some people complained about.

Personally, I cannot for the life of me stand tavern RP more than a few times a month IF it is just saying hello and stuff. But regardless if they do happen I will more than happily bring along a random character to keep things lively. Thought I would suggest that if they do come to fruit, use them to springboard small adventures.

Some of my favorite times back in KoD was when I heard Marrus says "Anyone want to go on a random adventure?". They can even be noncombative adventures with puzzles and such. Just recently I did one with JL while we were docked in Stormwind that a ghost of a small child couldn't find his mother. So the crew ended up going all over the city looking for clues of how the child had died and what became of his family before discovering they had died during the destruction of the park district and reunited Johnny (ghost child) with his parents.

Tavern RP can be fun and good for sharing information IC but let not the opportunity pass to capitalize on a collection of characters

Perhaps someone could even come as a gnome named Tiddleriddle, and do a Riddler-style adventure.

I'll leave this until the weekend to give everyone a chance to respond, and we can start it for next week.

So far, Wednesday is looking like the best day.

I spent some time in Dalaran. There are a lot of people from Emerald Dream who RP there. That could be cool to RP with them, but it might also take away from our feel of community. There were also a few annoying people the night I was there, spamming rude non-RP things in /yell and such.

I like the idea of variety in alternating locations, but at the same time I also like the idea of keeping it in the same place, at least for a while, so everyone knows where it is. Maybe change the location every month or two, instead of every week?

If people from ED are honestly RPing, then I would say that makes RPing in Dalaran even more appealing. If they turn out to be asses, then we can simply move locations. But if they turn out to be cool, that just opens the door for making even more RP connections. And who knows- maybe some of them might be motivated to roll on our server and join some of our own guilds. *Cough*

I have a human rogue on ED and I'm thinking about transferring her over anyway, but I'd love to bring her to hang out when I'm able to! In addition to my babby Drainey I'm working on.

Spread the word!

Hey everyone, there's going to be an Alliance RP Tavern Night this Wednesday at 8:00 PM server time in the Beer Garden in Dalaran.

(You're welcome, Kat. :D )

Whoops, sorry. There were no more posts about the days, and silly me didn't check the poll results again before I posted that. Last time I checked, Wednesday was still well in the lead, and with no discussion, I just didn't think it had changed. Sorry for the confusion!

Thursday, 8:00 PM at the Beer Garden in Dalaran!