Lukar

Twilight Empire's Grand Tournament & Anniversary

<Flyers are posted all around Alliance towns, and have even made their way into some Horde settlements. They are written in a neat, tidy script; all are adorned with the twin golden lions of the Twilight Empire in the corners.>

COME ONE, COME ALL!

To the Twilight Empire’s grand tournament!

On January 16, the Twilight Empire will be hosting a grand tournament in celebration of our eighth anniversary!

Join the lists and compete for the favor of fair maidens in the joust as well as 5,000 gold in prize!

Prove your strength and emerge as the champion of the melee—then use your 2,500 gold prize to get some new armor!

Not able to handle a giant wooden pole ramming into your chest? Not much of the fighting sort? Bet your last gold coin on who will triumph!

Try your luck with raffles for splendid prizes to be given throughout the night!

All are welcome at the grand tournament, Saturday, January 16, at 7:00 at the Argent Tournament Grounds!

Registration for competitions will begin at 6:30, with the first competition, the joust, at 7:30!

(( Hello all! As stated, on Saturday, January 16, the Twilight Empire is celebrating its 8th anniversary! We’ve decided we can think of no better way to celebrate eight years of promoting peace and cooperation between the factions then by having a tournament!

There will be two main events of the night: the joust and the melee. The joust will begin at 7:30 and will pair off opponents, with the winner of one round of jousting advancing onwards until we are left with four contestants. Our four remaining contestants will be paired off and face each other in best-of-three series, with the winners of those competing one more time in a best-of-three series to decide the winner of our 5,000 gold prize—and maybe the favor of a fair maiden.

The melee will be a dueling tournament (sadly we cannot all fight at once). The melee will begin 15 minutes after the joust has ended. Contestants in the joust may also compete in the brawl. Contestants will be paired off and compete in a single duel, with the winner advancing until one person is crowned our champion. NO HEALING OR TANKING SPECS ARE ALLOWED FOR THE TOURNAMENT (Gladiator warriors are acceptable). Duels will be fought using arena rules, so no major CDs such as Bloodlust or Lay on Hands. This also precludes items such as the Super Sticky Glitter Bomb and other Draenor items of that like. Use of any of these items or abilities will result in a forfeit. Additionally, use of the legendary ring's on-use effect is prohibited.

Everyone is, of course, encouraged to bet on these jousts and duels!

We will also hold four raffles throughout the night. The first three the winner will be allowed to pick their prize from an Elekk Plushie or a set of Hexweave Bags. The final raffle, to be held at the close of the night, will be for the services of the artisans of Twilight Empire. Previous winners may enter this raffle, and the winner will receive a Stage 4 crafted item of their choosing.

In closing:

What: Twilight Empire Grand Tournament

When: January 16 at 7:00 PM (server time)

Where: Argent Tournament Grounds, Valiant's Circle, Northrend ))

((I think I can manage to attend. As long as you don't mind me entering as a mystery knight for the joust and melee!))

((Edit: Shoot, I'll almost certainly be working that night. :( ))

((Question, how does this work with Glad and Crane stance? I'm not trying to game the system, but thought I'd ask.))

(( Gladiator stance is permitted. I'm more hesitant on Crance stance, because of the healing element involved. I will consult with those that are wiser about PvP than I and give a response in the next couple days. ))

(( I am not familiar enough with Mistweavers to say much on Crane Stance, so I look forward to seeing the decision regarding that. Does it work in a similar capacity to Gladiator? Gladiator sacrifices its ability to tank/dispel for damage. How does Crane augment the spec's abilities? As I understand it, there is a large margin of difference being that Gladiator turns Prot into a full DPS.

Either way, it is a shame both are being removed in Legion. ))

((For ease and fairness I'll be coming as WW with MW for people who want it. Crane basically swaps monk big heals for offensive moves then our statue converts 50% of damage into healing. It makes for some really long fights but as long as just crane is used it becomes a bit like reverse feral or reverse DK; dps output is okay but the healing could become a problem. Also on further reflection I don't trust myself not to fat finger a heal and that's definitely not okay.))

(( After doing some research, I think I will not allow Crane stance monks. Where Gladiator removes many of the defensive capabilities of Protection, from what I can determine Crane stance merely lessens the effectiveness of healing, meaning they are still pseudo-healers. So no, Crane stance will not be permitted. I apologize to those that this may inconvenience. ))

(( I should also mention that items such as the Super Sticky Glitter Bomb and other similar items are not permitted for use in the duels, as those items are not permitted in arena combat. ))

Autumn took over 150 photos at the tournament! There's no way I'm posting that many so here are some highlights. Unfortunately everyone jousting did so a mile away so there aren't many good shots. If anyone is interested in seeing all of the photos click the link in my signature! ((/shamelessplus))

The Joust

CY4sBkYWwAEjSFi.jpg

CY4shuYVAAE5Mtj.jpg

CY4ss3hWsAAP3LF.jpg

CY4t-uyW8AAL7sv.jpg

CY4uujBW8AAEyzM.jpg

CY4xwJDWwAA8xH9.jpg

And the winner is Zakeal

CY4y8zOWAAAVCrb.jpg

The Melee

CY4zlF3WAAALc77.jpg

CY46dY-WsAAPEve.jpg

CY47HJTW8AAt2b4.jpg

CY47WpHWYAQYbNs.jpg

CY472xIWkAE6kV3.jpg

CY476tlWcAAh1qP.jpg

CY477-WWEAkws5U.jpg

CY48dusWYAAB03h.jpg

CY48fBJWMAA92Ne.jpg

CY48fqAWYAAvAJI.jpg

CY48tz8WsAAMH-L.jpg

CY49QkiUMAEF6Bi.jpg

CY496JQWsAADRlG.jpg

CY49_UcW8AA4D7f.jpg

CY4-xcVWYAANeuL.jpg

CY4-ySdWEAABN1E.jpg

CY4-3x_WsAERBC-.jpg

CY4_ZGsWMAA-Ym1.jpg

CY4_ZLrWAAILkUP.jpg

CY4__C4WcAALdj4.jpg

CY5AAZWWUAAbzzM.jpg

CY5A5vzWYAANIAJ.jpg

CY5B-jrWwAE6Ygq.jpg

CY5CDGCWwAAtMHL.jpg

CY5CkoYW8AIx2N_.jpg

CY5CqcZWsAAJ_B4.jpg

CY5CzN4WAAEs3xb.jpg

CY5EfeRWAAAbqWY.jpg

CY5Eg6aWEAA7PeI.jpg

CY5GOJDW8AAWsgW.jpg

CY5GQxXWYAUjbtZ.jpg

CY5GQyMWcAASoyq.jpg

CY5HWb6WwAEtcpa.jpg

CY5HcNuW8AAZudJ.jpg

CY5J9sGWwAEe1Mw.jpg

And the winner of the melee, after a close few fights is Rorrek

CY5KRzVW8AQLsoq.jpg

(( I just wanted to thank everyone that came out to the event last night. I hope everyone had a great time! We look forward to seeing you again next year, or in about eight months or so if we actually remember to do our anniversary event on time. ))