Sign in to follow this  
Kerala

Kerala's Artsy Crafty Non-WoW stuff

We have a section for WoW art, but now that I'm not playing for a while, I want a place to share my other activities. I'm a pretty patient person, which is how I think I can be good at a smattering of different crafty things.

I beaded in high school, but that hobby has fallen to the back burner because beads take up a uniquely hazardous storage space and requires a good amount of stillness to be able to do. I can safely abandon my sewing machine or other projects without worry of beads getting hopelessly overturned and lost in the carpet! I've misplaced or lost a LOT of my photos of old prjects, but Sinlanna I think already has a request in for more, so... soon :)

The width=200 resizing code doesn't seem to work here, so I don't want to just blast you with giant photographs...

Here, just click this shareable link. https://goo.gl/photos/YrSRnSUofjrNQMmR9 That should work to let you view everything I have uploaded so far. I'll be sure to go back and add descriptions for everything.

Let me know what you think!

Heh, Beryl, no, the overalls kept him from biting himself! He developed an allergy to something we never identified, and would chew himself raw and bloody. Bed frames were also no-no's, as he would just sit beneath them and rub and rub. Luckily he didn't understand that his joyful whinings while doing that scratching is what gave him away. I tried everything short of super-expensive and not-guaranteed veterinarian diagnosis to track down the irritant.

At my wit's end, I figured one day that Jack-Jack might still be itchy, but if he couldn't bite, maybe he'd heal enough to be able to keep the anti-itch creams on better. So I made his first clothing. It changed him into a normal dog, for the most part! And thus was the beginning of my fashionably dressed Jack Russell Terrier.

I'm also very happy to say that in his last 3 years of life with us- in Oregon and then Colorado, Jack-Jack's irritant was absent. He was able to be a naked puppy and lay in the sunshine and be warm :)