Sign in to follow this  
Marrus_Luminus

[A] New Coalition RP Branch Forum

So we have the Silver Sickness arc already planned for by Danariel. I know not everyone is a Mage, and the ripples the sickness would cause varies from guild to guild. What other events can we use to tie into this? To give everyone easier access to a cross rp like this.

Once a mage or arcane user felt these effects of the sickness, who would know about it? If they were to go to Stormwind or the Kirin Tor, who would know what to do and what would they say?

Also, what are the symptoms?

Marrus is beginning the work on the hearthstone communication system for the guilds. ((Our /thecoalition channel)) Anyone one who's interested can contact me for RPing the development of the stones. [Marrus-TwistingNether]

Adding something to Tuuroto's comment at the Coalition meeting yesterday. He said he would be coming by each guild and finding out current RP story arcs. This would be a good time to discuss guild cannon as well.

The only things I can think of that might cause problems between other guilds are just two things:

1. Guilds that have decided certain boss "deaths" like the Lich King or Deathwing belong to them (they were the unnamed heroes we hear about in game).

2. Claiming locations throughout Azeroth. I know this has only caused problems cross-realm for just a few people (Eternal Aegis and now apparently Invictus Sanctum), but if a guild has a claim on any area of Azeroth and it is currently being claimed by other guilds then compromises will need to be made.

As far as story arcs, I would like to refer back to another comment that Tuuroto has made. "Remember, actions have consequences." This means that for some story arcs your guild has been a part of, there may be consequences that affect more than your members - even unseen consequences.

I'll use my guild's current RP story arc as an example:

Invictus Sanctum ultimately kills Cho'gall. This leads to Twilight's Hammer coming down hard on them. This has now spread to other guilds within the coalition, specifically with Natalia and the cultists from Twilight's Hammer attack Fenris Keep.

Remember, actions (or inaction for that matter) has consequences. If your guild attacks or acts against (or even with) a force, there will be drawbacks/blowbacks. Since we're all allies, it could spread. We all know how evil people like to make your friends suffer >:D

Also, we still have the Silver Sickness story arc going, but there something else that needs to be discussed upon that comes up every meeting.

We need to give everyone's characters a reason for showing up to these meetings IC. It doesn't need to be something life-altering or world-changing. I'm thinking something along the lines of a meeting was called for of guild reps to the king's advisor. This advisor would then go about telling these guild reps that the results of the push into Draenor has showed disturbing results.

Our uncoordinated effort in Draenor left some areas not covered, back up was hard to obtain for many units, and supplies were strained and fought over. And, since some guilds stuck to the cannon that initially using portals to travel between Draenor and Azeroth were not available. This advisor's plan would be to make sure this doesn't happen again. The advisor would instruct the guild reps that their guilds should find some common ground and begin making arrangements to coordinate better for future catastrophes. This meeting would be for the general interest and well-being of Azeroth. So then the guild reps talk it over with their guild leader (if they aren't already the GL) and then someone would need to step up and be the one to contact all guilds and set up an official "meet and greet" to discuss this coordinating. Much like how Marrus did when this whole Coalition thing started, and I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote that Marrus be the "ambassador" that does this.

I think this should be something neutral that everyone can get down with, even people who don't trust others. The ability to survive the next wave of whatever waits for us in the future as well as steady supply chains and ample back up should be something each guild can agree is a top priority during wars. This applies to guilds even if they do not agree or participate in wars. Wars will find you no matter where you are, especially if the Alliance fails. If there are guilds that still can't agree to this, we'd either need ideas from those guilds, or they simply would not be connected to The Coalition IC.

The main thing about this Coalition so far is open communication and pooling our resources. Most of what The Coalition is there for is to help guilds get PvP and PvE events going. The RP is only 1/3 of what there is to offer. Even if a guild can't or won't be a part of The Coalition IC, they can still participate OOC. I believe this to be a good starting point. Ideas?

I would definitely need to catch up on my WoD lore, but I'd be willing to set something up to begin the preliminary stages of our IC origin story. This decision, however, would still need to be discussed further and voted on at the next meeting. If approved, we can start collaborating and start setting up the framework for our IC coalition to prepare for the coming patches and pre-expansion events. For the time being, the vote at the meeting in early October decided that we not just start the coalition right away, so we'll need to plan something that will build up over time in preparation for Legion. Let me know what you guys think.

I think the initial "hey you guys should coordinate better so we don't suck at our next war" plan is a good start. It's simple and all it does is get our guilds talking. Legion would definitely get everyone on the same page and working to one goal, but the issue in the past was guilds working autonomously within the Alliance and there was no reason for these guilds to speak to each other except through random RP that brought random members together.

Besides, then we can start counting boss deaths as Coalition cannon. We could even RP out these attacks, dungeons/raids and the like. Of course, guilds could do that themselves, but honestly, a war can't be won by a 20man guild or even 40. Takes hundreds of people...thousands.