Sign in to follow this  
Rizzlet

Hello TNG

Hello everyone,

I have been playing WOW for a long long time. And many years back I moved off a PVE server to an RP server. And found a whole new game. I loved RPing.

Then about 2 1/2 years ago I moved from Utah to Virginia for work. And I moved out into the country, little did I know when I moved that I had no way of getting internet into my home. So I was with out WOW for a long, sad time. :( But recently I was able to get internet, and start up my WOW account and am loving it. But the only thing I am missing now is RP. It's been so long that I don't see people I used to know. It doesn't help that I switched to Horde and am so lost on the Horde RP side of things on WRA.

So after that long drawn out story, I just wanted to say hello. I am interested in finding a new RP server and the idea of making it an RP-PVP really interest me. I just feel like I need a fresh start. I like what I have read on the forums about this server, and wanted to meet some people and just kind of test the waters so to speak. So hello! Anything I should know right off the bat? What is needed more Horde or Alli? I have been Alliance most of my WOW career. And I have a deep love for that side, but Horde has also been fun. Even though I still get lost in the main cities.

Anyway, any helpful tips or anything would be great.

Thanks, Rizz

Hi Rizz! Welcome to the TNG! I'm just coming back from a four-ish year hiatus, so I also don't really know anybody, except for the crusty old geezers who have been here forever. I think you should join Horde because Horde is cooler. But I think I might be a little bit biased.

I was under the impression that Alliance is pretty much a ghost town- I think there are 3 Alliance guilds but my assumption was that they were pretty small, maybe 5-10 active players each. Siane would know better than me, though.

Horde side is very strong, we have a pretty large RP community with several active guilds, all with good storylines going on.

The Grim just celebrated their 10 year anniversary tonight, as the longest running RP guild on Twisting Nether.

We gathered in Stormwind for some PVP, but there was no one home.

e314e7c72a45b6d63d06ffe2121f0b92.jpg

85bfbd5abe1f4a1fe91773d6fef21f0e.jpg

We were able to kill Varian and the other leaders with zero resistance - not a soul showed up and we ended up RP walking through the town. Towards the end we got maybe 3-4 flagged players coming to defend, but that was it. I have a feeling we would have found more people in Goldshire.

So in short- I would say more Alliance is needed, I don't think there's a lot going on over there. So more RPers on Alliance side, especially RP-PVP players would make for a healthier community to balance things out.

But if you are looking for an easier way to find RP quickly, I would recommend horde side. The Grim, Sanctuary and Borrowed Time are the big RP guilds on horde. There are also a handful of smaller RP guilds on horde as well, I believe.

Oh, and welcome. :)