Nikaa

Could we have the Shoutbox back?

I know this is a long shot, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I am hoping you might reconsider and bring the shoutbox back. TNG just isn't the same without it, I miss it so much and I remember that in the past, people from long ago would on occasion peek their head in and say hello.

We've had such an upturn in RP, it would be really nice to have it back again. Please?

I too am in favor of the return of the Shoutbox. It was both convenient and entertaining; it gave me both something to read when I had a free few minutes and a place where I could communicate with new people and veterans on many subjects—anything from how our days were to roleplay.

If I remember correctly the Shoutbox was removed due to the use of bandwidth compared to the amount of people actually using it? If it is returned, I will certainly let Keraph and others I have contact with know such in hope of it being worth the resources for such. I miss this place, even if my PC is dying and won’t let me play the game anymore until I have the time and funds to build a new one—I would very much enjoy a reason to pop in regularly again.

I agree. To be honest, the lack of a shoutbox sorta killed my reasons for coming back to TNG. I understand that it may use more bandwidth, and I respect the moderators' decision, but it would be much appreciated if it were revived. If the bandwidth is more expensive, would the introduction of ads or a donation panel help lighten the load?

It feels a lot more distant without the shoutbox around anymore. I'd like to see it return too! Like Vly said, maybe introducing ads or a place where you can introduce donations could help fund the shoutbox? I'm sure folks would be happy to show their support.

Another option is an embedded client such as LightIRC. That could help with the server load, I think. Also people could access an IRC channel from their phones with a mobile IRC client!

Nika held me hostage to say yes, but I understand the reason why it was taken out. Like EvE said, I don't mind a few ads here and there to support it.

I would also be fine with seeing some ads. In fact, didn't there used to be banner ads for different guilds at the top of the page? Maybe if you offered some ad space on TNG, people could pay to promote their guilds or artists could advertise their commissions, and you could make some money back to offset costs of running this site and the shoutbox?

I'm actually going to hop on board and throw my lot in for this request, if it's at all reasonable. I'd be willing to make a donation to help facilitate it, if money is the primary concern. Having the shoutbox seems to be the difference between TNG seeming static versus alive, and especially with a resurgence in players and RP (well-proven on the bustling Nether Legends section) I think that if there was a time to consider reinstating the shoutbox, this would be it.

I would also be more than happy to fund Mortica's WoW account via gold for tokens if that's any added incentive! x3

I miss the shoutbox. I used to be very active on it on the other account, Micael, and when I was sent overseas I would sit in my room and read what was going on even though I couldnt post because of my dick boss. It would be nice to have it back

Well, it seems like a good amount of people want this feature. I don't know if Mortica has seen this thread, so I'll send her a PM over on the Grim forums.

I might be taking a crack at restoring the shoutbox sometime soon. My web-fu is not strong and my life schedule is absurd, but I'll do what I can!

He's agreed to help me out. I'm sorry if you feel I've been unresponsive, but my life is super crazy and I just don't have the time the site needs right now.