Sign in to follow this  
Micael

The Bar at the Top of the World (Open)

The Paladin considered the question for a moment. "Because they aren't alive, the Undead can't technically starve. However, I know if they don't eat their decaying process would accelerate and they'd break off into tiny pieces. As such, I guess they can starve in a sense." He responded, taking a sip of water. "As for his eating, I assume it works a lot like stem cells. But that doesn't make it right. But if he's alive, why does he fight with the Horde?"

"He has also been a part of the SI:7, though he never stayed one alias long enough to be taken note of. Inzema is his favorite persona. It has a bit to do with his home plane and another factor. There, history was much the same as here, yet different. Something went wrong and Arthas and his armies ran rampant across Azeroth. There were pockets of survivors that lasted for about a year and a half, eventually rooted out and eliminated one by one. One tends not to hold old rivalries at heart when life is on the line, especially one like Inzema, who, believe it or not, supports peace between the factions wholeheartedly." Ikai paused for a bit, seemingly gathering her thoughts. "Also, Qarosimae identifies as horde, so Inzema followed, because of deep seated mistrust of humanity. There is irony in that, I think, but I am not at liberty to discuss that particular note."

Sioffy Brighthammer was busy collecting her belongings for a fishing trip on her day off tomorrow when she heard a knock at her door. The little dwarf's brow furrowed and she heaved a great sigh, dropping her things on the table and going to answer. Whoever dared disturb her at this hour was going to get a clobbering, that was for sure.

She barely pulled the door open halfway before the intruder on the other side ducked through, pushing straight past her and to the back of her room. "OI! Ye get outta me house straight this minute or I'll beat yer sorry..."

It was a large, darkly-clad figure who deposited something onto her bed. But when the figure turned around, Sioffy trailed off, looking over a familiar face; two glowing blue eyes, several scars marring a cheek and jaw, and that grim expression the dwarf had come to expect of this particular visitor. Sioffy huffed. "Wretched human. Do ye know how late it is? Wot's that ye got there? And why's it on me bed?!"

"Thank you for the hospitality, Sioffy. I knew you'd understand." Evellin Stormguard pursed her lips. "This is... Katherine Winters. She's in right bad shape, and you owe me, dwarf."

"Owe ye! Har, that's nice. Patchin' yer arm didn't cut it aye? Bah!" Sioffy shuffled over to the bed, taking a look at the broken woman. "Let's take a look-see... this'un's nearly dead, wot'd ye do to her?" A swift check of the woman's vitals spurred the combat medic into action; she swept her things off the nearby table, letting them clatter to the ground before she started gathering up the necessary things. "I'm a healer, not a bloody miracle worker!"

The Death Knight across from her shifted her weight from foot to foot. "I did nothing. She was ambushed by a crazed paladin while we were talking. She got the brunt of a severe attack with the Light, I merely dispatched the paladin and pulled her off to safety. I can see the condition she is in, I do not blame you if you cannot save her."

Sioffy just growled, removing articles of the injured human's clothing to better assess the wounds. "Well gimme some space lass! I'll see what I can do. There'll be no rousing her for quite some time even if she does make it. And if she don't, ye can be the one to notify next o' kin!"

"No." Evellin shook her head. "There is no next of kin. She was an orphan, and a very private person. Nobody knew her, and nobody need know where she is. She would have preferred it that way... she was something of a hermit." Eve set a fat sack of coins- her last- on the table, noisily. "You do everything you can, hmm? Take care of her until she expires, or walks out on her own."

The dwarven medic didn't pause, though she did catch on to that delicious jingle of payment. So much for a fishing trip. "Aye, aye. I'll do it, blast ye." Once more her stubby fingers sought out a pulse. "Will ye be visitin' often?"

There was a long stretch of silence. When Sioffy spared a glance behind her, her home was empty once more, save for herself and this... Katherine Winters. With yet another sigh, the medic continued working, cursing herself for being a dwarf of her word. She'd do what she could, and ease the passing if it came to that.

And outside, in the thick of the snow, an old friend said her goodbyes.