Izeal

The state of pvp (instanced and wpvp)

With the changes to ilvl caps in instanced pvp, PvP power and resilience, how do you all feel about pvp right now, regardless of the kind you do? I personally dont mind putting on about half of my pve set because the pally 2 piece tier bonus is nice when I'm popping cooldowns. but when I'm in an arena/rbg/bg I'll wear my full pvp set minus a pve trinket that I have. I remember seeing a bunch of QQ on the forums about how" OMG THIS IS GONNA RUIN WPVP CUZ LYK HEROIC RAIDERS ARE GONNA SHIT ON US" however I haven't seen that yet, has anyone had an experience with wpvp that was "unfair" due to you being in pvp gear and the warrior that flew out of the sky and sat on your poor little head was in full raid gear (non LFR)?

My only real gripe with this patch and arena season for that matter has been the lack of activity in the 3v3 bracket. What do you think Blizzard can do to "bring arenas back to life?" mabye add more cosmetic pets? more titles? I'd like to unlock elite transmog tokens as youprogress in rating... You know, like you get a token to transmog your bracers at 1500, and for every 100 rating points you gain, you unlock a new transmog token.That would actually give me something to look forward to as I climb rather than make me feel like im just breaking necks for nothing :P

Thoughts, opinions?

It is simple. The things they -need-

Is less cc, less burst, balance, more skill, more variety - as in the fact that there is one or two ways to play a class/spec.

And make it all a huge playstyle choice. Say

Arms - Well rounded moderate damage

Fury - High damage, lacking things like.. Hit, say or something. Maybe fury is slower/faster dependent on which weapons you dual wield yet weaker/stronfer.

Protection - Cant be defeated 1v1, cant defeat 1v1.

You get me? I joined cata, so ive never seem the glory days ive heard of of vanilla-wotlk.

Another e.g.

Rogue:

Assassination - Dot

Subtlety- stealth/burst

Combat- Face to face combat

Hunter:

Survivability: Traps, buffs, debuffs, camouflage and flare bonuses. Bruiser like, maybe?

BM: Pet dependent

Marksman: norm

Warlock:

Demo: pet dependent

Destro: rdps

Affi: dot

Dk:

Frost: normal damage

Unholy: pet dependent

Blood: heal each hit or basic tanky

Shaman:

Is balanced, a pure playstyle thing which may ir may not need some variety for each spec.

Priest:

Shadow: dps

Holy: heals

Disc: shields

(Basically the case already)

Mage:

Frost: CC, less dps (like rogue cc- shaman has like no cc, each class 1, rogue and frost mage 2)

Fire: dots

Arcane: dps

Paladin: obvious

Druid: dps same, maybe feral a little more but boomy has dots? Idk.

Anyway, basically:

Less CC

Less Burst

More Variety for each spec and/or class

Skill involved! *cough hunters*

My 2c

I don't mind the cc. But the way burst is drives me nuts

Even when I'm on the side bursting

I play vanguards cleave atm and when we get everything lined up. We can 100-0 almost anything without a bubble

The only thing that irritates me about world pvp right now is the level 90 Emerald dream kiddies who have nothing better to do than camp places like Stonetalon. Have not done much else, been too busy trying to keep three raid toons current.