Lerian

DEADPOOL VIDEO GAME!

A little late to the bandwagon xD They already fired a good chunk of the staff after the game was finished, and that was about a week ago.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was pretty solid.

HEY, HEY PLAYER. YOU RECORDED THAT DIDN'T YOU? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T RECORD THAT?!

Still, uber excited for Deadpool the game. Especially because it's from High Moon Studios. They made the best Transformers games of all time. So they're nerds who can handle a franchise.

And Deadpool's one hell of a franchise.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was pretty solid.

HEY, HEY PLAYER. YOU RECORDED THAT DIDN'T YOU? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T RECORD THAT?!

The best was when you fought him against Magneto, and in the pre-battle taunt, he references the "WELCOME TO DIE" line Magneto says in the X-Men 6-player Dual-Screen Arcade game (literally one of my favorite Arcade games of all time).

I don't necessarily believe Deadpool is oversaturated; rather that he's becoming more mainstream as how welcome someone so off-the-wall monkeycheese random whose superpowers include breaking the fourth wall is to the internet culture. A character like Deadpool fits right in with that. He's a mascot for that. He is the only character Marvel has who can use the internet culture as a weapon; who can reference things like Yaoi and get away with it.

Then when they wrote Deadpool vs. the Universe, and Wade manages to kill the Avengers, Spider-Man, and the Hulk in just one day, you've got a cult following.

Except Squirrel Girl. He got his ass kicked by Squirrel Girl.

Maybe his -stuff- is over saturated. Lotta merchandise. Could prolly find some Deadpool panties, sheesh. Kinda what I mean by "Hell of a franchise". He's prolly...what? B-List comic hero?

Then again, you can tell anyone who isn't on the Internet (Okay, the majority of Non-Internet savvy people) and they won't know who the hell he is. I've been asked:

"...Weird, is that an Iron Man shirt? Lol, it's gold and red not--..." etc.

The comic's still a really good read. Then again it depends on which Deadpool you like...Some prefer him serious. Some prefer him with voices in his head. Some think he's terrible without Cable. But the whole Marvel NOW! series has had me lovin' it. I mean. He sword fights Zombie Presidents. That's my kinda comic. (So were the other few volumes. But still.)

Oh. And yeah. Total Internet Mascot.

PS: His moobs have shrunk since New Mutants 98.