Kakabel

Some Ideas maybe?

Ok so I have several questions/ ideas my mind has been doing a lot of thinking lately.. I’m worried it might catch fire soon.. anyways!

First questions are related to “race”, I know there has been some talk lately on the whole half dragon and crossbred that some of the other servers are doing. Some of which are bad.. very bad. Maybe there is a way to better do these? I mean to Dragons are old creatures much like the gods of mythology, whom many of which would “father/mother” half human half god or demi gods. So maybe it’s possible.. I mean they do take humanoid forms. The way the player are portraying them however is off, instead of them being able to turn into dragons they could each hold a “gift”. Example in Twilight Highlands where the red dragon (I con’t remember her name) lives I get the impression they are good with nature, the hatchery is uber pretty with lush grass and flowers and such. So maybe the child of the red dragon could be really good with nature? Herbalist or Shamen/druid, again I’m not saying everyone and their brother can do this (we’d end up inbred) but maybe it could be acceptable, they can’t go flaunting they are a dragon, many of the demi gods didn’t know their godly parents.

The ther thing is cross breds! While I know some cross breeds would be entirely farfetched (taurens and just about everything..other then worgens.. and maybe trolls, same with Dreanei and most every other race). I just feel that (mainly horde) everyone used the Belfs as a way safe haven and I see a lot of “elves took them in” It’s great and wonderful and all but if you sit down and think about the elves they are mostly snooby and refined, so to say, would many of them take in a troll babe? While I’m sure it would occur because even a belf can’t ignore a babe left alone in the world, would a troll belf cross breed be shunned? Or alliance side, a human night elf. Have a human appearance but maybe slightly longer ears, better sight live a tad longer than normal humans? I feel that if it was acceptable we’d have less orphans in the world. Everyone seems to been an orphan in one way or another, When instead you could have a happy crossbred!

Ideas I’ve had, possibly holding mutli server events; or advertising some of our monthly events to the other servers? While doing this may allow some of the griefers or "out there" rpers to come, but for the more serious events maybe we could have an application, to make sure the character wouldn’t be too farfetched or annoying mary sue. Yes it may annoy some of the other servers but I’m sorry I don’t want to forced to rp with a dragon for an hour. I’m not about to let them think I believe they are a dragon but nor do I want to be rude.

Anyways these are just Ideas. I just wanted to express them and get the communities thoughts.

If I understand what you are asking/saying, there are players out there who want to be half-dragon?

There ARE half-elves in the game, and even a half-draenei. (NPCs)

I am still fairly new to this realm, but didn't we just go through players wanting to be vampires or similar?

Personally, with my AD&D background, I agree with half-human/half-other, also half-elf/half-other. Why not half-any playable race? Some could possibly be very ugly. I disagree with someone claiming to be half-dragon or any other "greater" race. But maybe that's just me. In my mind, it goes into the same bucket as players using titles or adjectives in their character names. *shrugs*

Just my two cents worth.

Again, I am new to this realm, but I think multi-server events would be cool. I suspect that the best way to go about advertising them would be to find a friend on each realm, someone who could communicate with that RP community.

If you just post an event on a realm's website, you will most certainly get griefers. Of all sorts. :-/

It's the same as saying they are Kealthos son/daughter. They shouldn't meta game or anything, maybe they could excel in one thing and have am uber dramatic weakness.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just something I've been running into with this cross realm-ness. One night I was in the Inn and this player was talking about their tail. I was like "Belf!? Tail.... WTF!?" I only responded to the emotes without the add over doing dragon-ness how ever. And if you think about it.. Blood DK cooooooooouuuullllldddd be vampires if you want to stretch it.. they need blood and if you go off the fact that anyone Arthas turned into a death knight was brainwashed.. then Blood DK's could "sire" people. Again stretching it, just my thoughts, I don't think we should limit people, but they have to make it believeable.

Vampires = San'layn.

Problem: RPing in the cities without being killed...

Half race

Problem: Rp back story, character knowledge, character personality.

Half dragon

Problem: doesnt exist?

Dragon

Problem: Excluded by RPers. Difficult to rp.

No. NO. NO. NONONONONONO.

Half race anythings are mostly bad. Except Rexxar.

If there is not one in lore, do not do it. And exclude Med'an, that piece of shit.

Blood Dks are not San'Layan. San'Layan are twisted. They are like the Felblood Elves. They found a source of power beyond their destroyed well. Given the fact that they were few (and lorewise wiped out), don't. Please.

Also, given ten thousand years of fighting, any elf that doesn't hate trolls is bad. Your race was nearly wiped out. You have been at war with trolls for millenia. Do not like trolls. Do not accept them. They are all as terrible as the vicious Amani. Victory to the Sin'Dorei, Glory to Lor'Thremar Theron. Etc etc.

Lol! I'm not doing any of these just thoughts like I said. a lot of it is a stretch and offering solutions on how it could be slightly more "acceptable"

Also Elves are Trolls.