Altherion

Twisting Nether, a question (Both factions.)

I was around. I saw it happen.

You're being obtuse and inflexible. It's really not as hard as you make it out to be. I understand a lot of people just don't have the ability to be in-character all the time, regardless of dungeon, battleground, raid, etc., but I do.

That's like saying Draenei made the alliance more serious. Nowadays the blood elves are the more serious rp characters. I am around. I see it happening.

And no. You can't be ICly all the time without godmoding/seriously metagaming to a point where it's not even IC.

Ugraz, lovely ideas. My favorite is #2, but I'm sad you didn't mention Demon Fall Canyon.

Though I disagree. I personally killed The Lich King, then reforged the Dragon Soul and unleashed war on Pandaria. Because I'm the hero of Outlands, it's what I do. Peasant.

And no. You can't be ICly all the time without godmoding/seriously metagaming to a point where it's not even IC.

Oh ye of little faith.

It's not for everyone, because it requires a very different playstyle, especially in terms of perception. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it's impossible. I did it on this game for three years. I did it in WarHammer for four more. I do it currently in TOR on a dozen different characters.

I'm not implying it's better or anything. Don't take offense.

Its not exactly difficult to slightly alter most of the WoW quests to be IC so that you were there but not like the superstar that nobody else could possibly be. Ivan has been IC for most of his...

Although this has been highly offtopic, and watching Ugraz fight with Raziel hasn't been interesting since the first exchange.

Its not exactly difficult to slightly alter most of the WoW quests to be IC so that you were there but not like the superstar that nobody else could possibly be. Ivan has been IC for most of his...

Although this has been highly offtopic, and watching Ugraz fight with Raziel hasn't been interesting since the first exchange.

It probably helped that I didn't raid at all. I found it time-consuming and ultimately boring.

I think I've read just about all of this, but stop me if I'm repeating someone's idea. Anyway, I'm still fairly new to the RP community (even though a few of my charicters have made themseves known) but I've found walk-up RP to be the most entertaining.

I think a way to encourage more of that could be developing inter faction opinions on guilds. Basically I'm saying lets get some strong guild rivalries going, to encourage spontaneous smack talk at random encounters. (In a friendly RP way). My thought is, if you see a tabard you know, wether or not you know the player, it gives you an opening to start a walk-up RP session. Be it as simple as a short smack talk, or turn into a competition of who can kill more of a quest item faster, lead to a duel, or whatever.

What types of events do you like? What should the people Horde and Alliance side, who can see things going downhill, try and set up? Please post below about anything you want to do to help TN, or would like to see others try.

Anything that keeps the game from devolving into an IRC channel is good. Things that implement the "game" into it, using the graphics and world around you.

You guys ever try a scavenger hunt crossed with a murder mystery? All it requires is a good lure; a server-wide incentive that can be paid out.

The basic of it is that you sculpt a plotline first and foremost. Have everything written out, then you hide personnel as witnesses around the world(s) in "not" hard to reach places, but only offer hints as to their locations. This makes people try to find them, and whether or not the players work together is up to them.

Each witness needs to be interrogated, and be as in-character as possible. Not everyone knows everything. They each have a piece of the puzzle.

So you set a timeline. 2 hours? 4 hours? Kinda depends on the night and the attention-span of who you've got playing the game.

Whoever makes it back to the origin to tell the inspector what happened correctly wins, and gets to see the perpetrator turned to justice.

Did this once in City of Heroes on the Justice Server. Had a few hundred people playing the game.

Anything that keeps the game from devolving into an IRC channel is good. Things that implement the "game" into it, using the graphics and world around you.

You guys ever try a scavenger hunt crossed with a murder mystery? All it requires is a good lure; a server-wide incentive that can be paid out.

The basic of it is that you sculpt a plotline first and foremost. Have everything written out, then you hide personnel as witnesses around the world(s) in "not" hard to reach places, but only offer hints as to their locations. This makes people try to find them, and whether or not the players work together is up to them.

Each witness needs to be interrogated, and be as in-character as possible. Not everyone knows everything. They each have a piece of the puzzle.

So you set a timeline. 2 hours? 4 hours? Kinda depends on the night and the attention-span of who you've got playing the game.

Whoever makes it back to the origin to tell the inspector what happened correctly wins, and gets to see the perpetrator turned to justice.

Did this once in City of Heroes on the Justice Server. Had a few hundred people playing the game.

I very much like your scavystery and I might try to plan something like that. TY for input.