Sign in to follow this  
Evellin

The Edge of the Map (Open to pirates )

Click.

Leo had his gun aimed at Ark's skull the moment he lowered that rifle. The Worgen's feral, yellow eyes were narrowed, and his lips were pulled back slightly in a toothy growl. He was in a sour mood, and it showed; he was rarely anything but even-tempered. Yet irate as he was, there was nothing wild about the way he handled himself just now. There was something calm and cold about his posture, his gaze, and most especially, the inflection of his voice. "Ye' don' go pullin' weapons on crewmates, shark-bait. Especially not wit' skewed logic like tha'. It's the Cap'n's fault for not killin' the bloke yer girlfriend just saved? What pipe are ye' smokin' that ye' think ye' have the right t' take tha' kind've authority in yer own hands? Yer nothin' but new blood, mate, and now, ye' ain' even that."

Mr. Walters snorted, and raised his voice. "I say this bloke walks the plank fer his insolence, and follows his girlfriend t' the briny deep. He's a danger t' the crew, an' his loyalty clearly don' lie with us. Do I hear a second vote?" His gun remained motionless in the air. Enough chaos had been given reign on the Stormrunner. Clearly kindness just bred ungrateful insubordination.

Evellin rubbed her face, ignoring the fact that she was still limping as she pushed into her room. There wasn't much to pick up here; she'd made a point of leaving most of her things at home, and it had been a long time since her ship had felt anything like home. She briefly regretted chewing Ranavos out, wondering if the hole in her ship was now karma for not quietly accepting egg and bacon bits on her sheets.

A quiet sigh escaped her as she crouched by the trunk at the foot of her bed, flipping it open. She barely registered Grimforge at first, but his yell forced her to revisit the comments he'd made a few seconds prior. "No, Herod. Doing that would have justified even more stupidity from people. They would have miraculously escaped punishment by some cruel twist of fight- I have bad luck, you see- and then they'd spread to everyone that I was evil because somehow nobody noticed that Altherion is an unkillable monster, he left the chains himself, shooting him does nothing... oh but I can't even try because he has a family and it matters not he tried to slaughter mine. Am I so unjustified? I must be." It was clear she didn't believe for one second she was in the wrong here. In fact the more she spoke, the more apparent it was that she felt no guilt in the matter, only pure frustration.

There was anger in her movements as she pulled out the spare clothing and supplies she'd stashed there. "I don't know where I'm going. Someplace far from this madness."

Ark looked at Leo, his face emotionless from the raised weapon. The normally joking, silly Hunter was temporarily replaced by a more serious killer. He had had plenty of ranged weapons drawn on him over the past, some of them being his own. Either bold courage or arrogant stupidity ran in the family, and the Hunter took a step closer, two fingers raised to tap his temple. While he moved the fingers, the hand holding the rifle moved up. He didn't exactly have a plan, and would likely be gunned down before he could bring the other hand close to the trigger... But hey, worth a try if he was going to be killed.

"I would prefer we stopped the hostilities. I'd agree to leave until everyone calmed down... But if you think it best..."

The Hunter had a set of armor, not exactly built for deflecting bullets. Coldly, he thought on how the Worgen was an Engineer. Those bullets would be better than normal, tear right through him. Ark had a helmet on, but a shot from this range wouldn't be stopped by the mail. "Take the shot, Worgen. You'll find I'm quite the swimmer, the other way."

He lingered there, listening to the sounds of the creaking boards and the splash of the ocean. His eyes were fixed on the Worgens, trained by years of Military life. The cold, thousand yard stare of someone who didn't care anymore.

Ranavos patted Lindsey on the head. Her vote broke the tie breaker for now, he just hoped that no one would object to her vote due to her not being a crew member. Now, there was this matter to attend to. He pocketed the key and strode towards to two auguring riflemen. Clearing his throat along the way, he stood near the middle between Ark and Leo, making sure not to get too close of their standoff. “You two, break it up. There has been enough conflicts on this ship today, give it a rest for tomorrow.” The lich gave a slight nod to Walters and then unloaded his two cents on the subject.

“Even though I completely agree with Walters. It’s not Evellins fault that this happened. She wanted to teach you all a lesson. To beat that vile monster though the honour of combat, to avenge what he had done to her husband! And to finally humiliate him to others, to beat him at his own game, but no, a damned druid had to get in the way and protect the poor sod. Altherion is nothing more than a controlling monster who cannot even be crippled. I wouldn’t be surprised that he got a wife only to play on peoples emotions like some sort of child’s instrument! What about the other families that he has ruined to crave his bloodlust, don’t they matter to?! Of course not, no one cares about them! No one knows his true colours!”

He gritted his teeth, clearly getting rattled up by this.

“People who defend him are just like the wretch Nika! She claims neutrality and yet she favours and protects rapists, murderers and a group hell bent on genocide! What good are people like those? People who protect abominations? Hypocrites! Heretics! Where is the code of honour? The simple concept of justice? It’s all gone! All of it! Corrupted and tainted!”

And none of them seemed to understand it…Most of them…Most of the living population in fact. They refuse to see the truth and consequences of their actions. Nika, and now Meraline. Ranavos simmered down, taking in deep breaths. “In essence, this is not Evellins fault. I will not allow the death of a crew member by the hands of another, no matter how just it seems.”

He took a deep sigh and rubbed his eyes. “This entire world needs reordering.”

"Nika's a far better person than you, Lich." He dropped a white-colored bullet on the deck, unused, kicking it so it rolled towards Ran. He would note it was Light infused."You're Undead. A Monster. I've met you before, when my name was Valkyrion. You speak of controlling Zombies, and you're likely backed by one right now. Knowing your types, you'd only reorder the world beneath you."

Ark laughed bitterly, then turned to leave. "Someone send for me when Tuuroto is made in charge. Bunch of Undead-things taking over a Pirate ship, sure. And this one...Just as power hungry as the rest." He whistled, and his Gryphon appeared. The Hunter slid into the saddle, then flew away from the Corsairs.

"Walking the plank wasn't a euphemism for kill," Leo growled. "Talkin' is one thing. Words. Even drawin' a blade. But lad, ye' will never point a fuckin' gun to the head of any crewmate here or in the future unless authorized t' do so. Think yer a fast shot? If I were ye', I wouldn't wager yer life on it."

In spite of his words, the Worgen kept the gun up a moment longer. He'd met many men who bore the same look as this man did, eyes grown cold at the hand of whatever authority beat the warmth out. They were more volatile than the passionate and free, no matter what lies of 'discipline' men like that liked to spout. A shot between the eyes, even as the lich tried to make a barrier of himself, would be a simple and efficient end to what would no doubt prove to be a future problem. He recalled the problem with the elves, and how slowly it had been dealt with. The infatuations of children like these had a tendency of gutting the crew's progress. Leaving problems alive only added to the work load of keeping an eye on them.

When the man at the audacity to turn around and call a gryphon out of absolutely nowhere, Leo decided to ignore Ranavos' suggestion of not committing violence, and fired several shots at the man's retreating gryphon-mounted form. "Don't bother returnin'! The Dusk Watch'd prefer the likes of ye' and yer own!" And, a little quieter, he grumbled, "Worst part is, the stupid bastard's probably gettin' laid tonight."

The dark fur receded rapidly, leaving the pirate human once more, and at a far less intimidating size. His gaze swept the deck, searching for where he'd stashed his gloves. Knowing his luck, they'd been blown up with half the ship.

The human looking woman had her glowing eyes locked on the worgen the entire time the argument went on, her lips twitched into a slight smile and just as she was about to whisper something to Ranavos he stepped forward and began to speak. Admitedly Lindsey had not heard a single word the lich had spoken, her thoughts too wrapped around all of the things she wanted to do to the worgen. Within her mind the beast was set aflame with green felfire and she was the source, grinning and dancing around him as he burned and his body wrinkled to the deck's floor.

Gunfire pulled her from her mental bliss and she shook her hands, the heat emanating from them surely to soon actually conjure the magic she was just picturing. Folding her hands behind her back she took a few steps forward to remain on Ranavos' right flank, full lips pulled back in a grin and lime green eyes burning excitedly. “I ain't no zombie! I'm a Lady! Ya can call me Lady Lindsey or Lady Brookes! Up ta you. Right, M'Lord?” She glances up at Ran.

Leo grunted, his gun finding its way back on his person as he fixed his gaze on what remained of the crew. Two had wandered after the Captain, and one of those two had abstained from voting. The other would have to be considered, as would Tuuroto's personal take on the matter. Ranavos wanted to be Captain, but if Tuuroto didn't care for the job again and was content with his role as Quartermaster- a less stressful and arguably equally powerful position as Captain- then the vote hardly mattered. As such...

Rosepha had voted for Tuuroto. Ranavos voted for himself, Morbidus voted for Ranavos, 'Lady Brookes' had voted for Ranavos, and- wait. He'd never even heard of this gal before. She wasn't a crewmate. The crew hadn't even allowed Captain Stormguarde's husband near them, how were they so complacent with two- count 'em, two non-Death Knight deaders aboard the ship?

Scratching the scruff on his jaw, Leo pulled himself up to his full and measly height. "Alrigh', ye' lot. This is a vote, an' t' vote, ye' have t' be eligible. T' take up Captaincy, ye' also have t' be eligible." With that, the ex-Defias marched himself straight up toward Ranavos and Lindsey, regarding the both of them carefully. He pointed to the Forsaken woman, first, and addressed her with a surprising level of politeness and respect: "Miss Brookes. As ye' are not a part of this crew, for yer vote t' count, ye' must join us. Tha' is yer decision alone t' make, so I'll let ye' mull it over."

Leo glanced over his shoulder at Rosepha, his expression somewhat quizzical- of everyone on deck right now, she was the only other living, and as such he trusted her more and certainly didn't want to scare her off the ship if it didn't sit right with her that these... really dead deaders wanted control. "Miss Rose... if'n the majority vote don' feel right for ye', don' hesitate t' let me know, aye?"

Finally he brought his attention to Ranavos. "Are ye' aware and capable of takin' on this responsibility, Mister Dryandson? Ye' should know tha' we're no naval vessel. We don' kneel t' anyone, an' the highest form of respect ye' can get is bein' called Cap'n. But we don' conform t' class structure here; freedom's our highest honor. It don' matter if'n yer a poor gutter-rat, like me, or a high 'n mighty lord like yerself, we're all brothers 'n sisters here. We've all got an equal voice in all matters, and tha' also means we got a right t' disagree, an' a right t' vote ye' off should ye' prove a treacherous captain. If'n ye' want control or t' lord over others, I suggest ye' look elsewhere- the Dusk Watch, maybe- but ye'll never be a lord here, sir." Leo looked Ranavos straight in the eye. "With tha' said... are ye' still interested?"

Disheartened that he couldn't have complete control over the crew, he paused for a bit, thinking, considering his options. One hand he can deny this offer and carve out a path for himself to become the king of mortals. On the other hand, he can lead this crew to achieve his goals and that benefit others, this would grant him the long needed respect that he had starved for. He had almost forgotten why he became a lich in the first place, but no mortal would respect a lich... Unless certain strings were pulled. Respect leads to friendship, friendship leads to loyalty... Ranavos was liking these odds, besides, Venedict had abandoned him, left him to die probably, there is no way that his Father would attempt to disagree with his son when half of the world is on his side.

He could overthrow Venedict! Gain more respect and love from others that Venedict had opposed against! Ranavos could become King!

...Venedict is probably too busy attending to his pet dust bunnies to notice that his so called "Son" is being torn apart by every entity in the world anyway.

"Yes!" He said proudly "I am still interested in becoming the Captain of his vessel!"

Rosepha glanced over at Leo with a brief look of confusion, then sweetened her expression and gave a little nod. Her feeling was actually of surprise. Why did he call her out of all people? Because she supported Tuuroto? He was just being polite.

She continued to nod in agreement as he spoke to Ranavos. Leo told it like it is. This was a man that knew what he was talking about and deserved respect. Ranavos? She still had no idea who this was. Rose found a chance to get a word in with her inside voice. "I suggest he at least prove himself to the crew."

Grimforge leant on a funny angle as if about to speak. Drawing nothing but air, he shifted his weight to the other foot and adjusted his beard as the ex-Captain gathered her possessions. Nodding at last with an audible grunt, the Dark Iron turned and left the cabin. Stopping short at the door, he faced back at Evellin and regarded her as she stuffed her swag. The feeling of wanting to do something for someone was a rare an uncomfortable one, and it showed on the Dwarf's face. He had nothing to offer, and she nothing to ask; moreover Grimforge was pertinently aware of what it was like to discard a position of authority (albeit under entirely different circumstances). Satisfied, as if his internal struggle had in-fact been a parting farewell with Stormguarde, he departed with one last pensive nod and made his way back down to his study.

Leo considered Rosepha's words with a faint nod. "I 'ave personally fought alongside Mister Ranavos t' rescue young Kemper from the bastard tha' jus' blew a hole in our ship. I know him as a competent fighter, at least. But ye' bring up a fair point, Miss Rose."

He turned, wandering over to Rosepha's side and positioning himself next to her. Offering her a reassuring smile, he looked back to Ranavos. "What will ye' do as Cap'n? What'll we get outta ye'? And can we trust tha' ye'll keep a solid, grounded mind in position as yer second-in-command of sorts? Tha' position bein' Quartermaster, and tha' solid mind bein' Mister Tuuroto, should ye' win this vote? Prove tha' ye' be a capable and fair man t' lead us not just t' riches, but t' victory as well."

Evellin bit down on the inside of her cheek at Grimforge's continued presence. Part of her almost felt the need to explain herself, but as he left her to her packing and her thoughts, she found herself grateful that he didn't push the matter. He'd been a loyal ally, if questionable in his methods, and for that she was grateful.

The Death Knight readied a burlap sack and began stuffing away what she needed- the clothes she took, the supplies she left for the living to use, minor things like bandages and vials of disinfectants. She ducked and reached under her bed, dragging out what appeared to be two cylinders for holding liquid, a hose and nozzle attached to the end, and a... well-covering mask. Almost something one of those plague-spreading Forsaken might use. All of that was stuffed in the bag as well. Next she tapped a few of the floorboards, and when her fist connected with something hollow, she pried open that part of the floor and pulled out two leather-bound books, and a couple bags of what must have been coin.

Eve then paused, eyes drawn to the armor she'd left sitting in the corner of the room. Where she went, she doubted she'd need it... but perhaps it was necessary for protection along the way. She set her bag on the bed and began pulling the plate on, piece by piece, for easier carrying.

It was strange, this thought of leaving. It was quite possible she'd never return- she really meant it, this time- and to leave such a relic of her past behind her was uncomfortable. This ship had been won with a friend long-gone, carried many friends and now enemies, weathered many storms and much abuse. It had served her well. A long time ago, she might have even given it to her son, had their family stayed in tact. But dead parents were poor parents, and a pirate ship wasn't a fitting inheritance anyway.

Tightening her gauntlets, Evellin released a quiet sigh, and picked up her sack of belongings. Home was no longer the ship. Home was where the heart was, and her own heart was waiting for her.

"Yes Walters. I shall keep Tuuro as Quartermaster on his ship. I know personally that he is a good man and he's greatly familiar with his role than anyone else. I cannot promise anything grand to the crew just yet, but know that I shall not become a tyrant that everyone expects me to soon be. You shall all be treated with respect and you all shall not fall victim to any "experiments" that my kind has been so greatly affiliated with."

With everything gathered up, Evellin found herself trudging out the door, her metal-clad footfalls ringing strangely loud to her own ears. Part of her regretted throwing down those keys and everything that came with them. Every time she imagined giving up it was in the midst of some great battle where she was actually making a difference. Weighed down by her wounds, swinging her sword until she couldn't any more, letting the veil of true death descend upon her...

...but this? This wasn't a warrior's way out. Was this cowardice? Was this running away?

Evellin continued marching out on deck, not even sure what she was going to leave on. She wordlessly headed for the side of the ship, peering over the edge and at the strip of beach that was Stranglethorn. She could walk it, easily, even with an injured leg. There was still enough power left within her to form that icy pathway.

Was she supposed to give a speech? A farewell?

With a glance over her shoulder, Eve braced her hands against the ship and pulled herself up, balancing precariously on the railing.

Leo listened closely to the lich's words and mulled them in his head. The main thing was, Ranavos wanted the work load of being captain, and seemed to view it with the proper vision. Ever since Tuuroto had given everyone's names to Urivial and the Dusk Watch, Leo hadn't quite felt safe with the idea of the Draenei as Captain. It probably wouldn't have mattered had Leo been an upstanding young man, but the black mark on his hand damned him and thrust upon him a record that would have meant death should he have gotten caught in the process.

Hopefully Ranavos understood discretion.

Leo nodded. "Fair enough. Ye' seem like ye' could work well enough at the job, but I'm only one voice. What say ye', Miss Rose? Seems the voting's already leaning in his favor." From all the deaders, he mentally added.

At Evellin's return, he straightened a little, giving a faint nod of farewell to his former boss.

Ranavos nodded at Walters approval. With that, he turned his attention to Evellin. The lich approached her, his facial expression softening, showing a twinge of sadness. “Half of me still wishes that you can still stay captain, the other half doesn’t wish to see you leave at all, but alas, this is your decision and I cannot force you to change your mind.”

He adjusted his posture, trying to not seem saddened around his newly acquired crew. “Try to write alright? Train a seagull to send messages and so on….And don’t get hurt! Venedict will place my ass on his fireplace mantle if he ever finds out that you got harmed and I wasn’t there to protect you.” The necromancer cracked a smile before giving a quick nod. “I promise not to kill anyone here and raise them as undead…I honestly forgot on how to do that properly anyway…In any case, I’ll do you and this crew proud. I promise you that.”

Rose felt a little reassurance from Leo's gesture and straightened her posture with confidence as he stood beside her. She continually nodded between the both, then hesitated at her answer.

"I guess I can comply.... for now."

For now, she thought. One false move and she trusted the crew wouldn't fail to see and take charge. She had a feeling what his 'kind' was that he spoke about and wasn't going to let her guard down easily. But, the others seemed to know and trust him to a degree, so he would have her compliance for as long as he kept to his word. Strangely, at some point she subconsciously stepped closer to and slightly behind Leo. His sanity offered comfort in the day's chaos.

Raylini didn't know what to say to either the Captain or the rest of the crew. She had watched the Captain pack her bags...she was again cloaked in shadow. She followed the woman back up onto the deck of the ship...where the crazy one called Ranavos was vow'ing to do the ship proud...Ray frowned and arched an eyebrow slightly as she slipped from the shadows, her arms crossed over her chest defiantly.

"First off," She said firmly while pointing at Ranavos. "I don't know you. I'm alive and plan to stay that way...try anything otherwise and I will firmly plant one of my fathers daggers so deep in your skull it'll kill even the undead."

She was trying to sound tough. Hopefully it worked...she shrugged a bit then.

She glanced to the captain who was planning on hopping over the railing of the ship. She then looked to the rest of the crew. "That woman, has taken a beating and a half for you all as a crew...do you think she should have to hop the side of the ship to go to where she's going? At the VERY least you all should offer her a lift to land since you seem so keen on stripping her of her rank."

Ray was in a fit...it showed in her rant. "As far as I am concerned Tuuroto has my vote...but if he betrays us again...I will not hesitate to kill him." Yes she had heard discussions on the Tuuro situation...but she wasn't weak of heart or stomach and would not hesitate to kill someone who betrayed the crew.

Morbidus quickly ran after Evellin, ever the loyal pup to a Den Mother. He saluted the others with a sword-arm, then nodded a few times to the Former-Captain. In his sorrow and hope, he even managed to lower his voice to a bearable level. "Miss! Oy'm comin' whi'cha! Don' care fer these others, jes you."

He smiled a little. "Ye'v shown more kindness in a few days than most o' me...Life." He shrugged his plated shoulders. "Gonna follow ye wherever, an' ye'll always be my Cap! 'sides! Ye could use another Sailor! A real one, as ah friend!"

Evellin looked over Ranavos, pausing as he spoke. She stood quietly for a moment as he finished and Ray began to speak, and something inside her seemed to settle.

"Any closer might run the risk of hitting a reef or sandbank. I can walk it..."

With that, Eve returned her attention to Ranavos, hopping from the railing and moving close to him, so her lips were inches away from his ear. Her voice dropped so only he could hear. "Venedict will strive to use them through you. Give in to such demands, and no amount of shelter will protect you from the storm that follows." She straightened herself and smiled thinly. "That's all I could ask for," she announced a little louder, hopping back on the railing and looking at Morbidus.

"..."

In all honesty, she'd forgotten about the deader and how she'd helped. She had intended on going out alone with her husband, and... well... though she'd trusted her instinct enough to keep Altherion's former minion around as a threat to her own life, was she really about to risk Vlynor's?

"...well, alright, I suppose, if being a third wheel doesn't... bother you." With that, Eve shifted her weight, and jumped.

Thunk. Her metal-clad boots hit the ice and her knees buckled, injured leg nearly giving out from under her. It held, however, and she began to march toward the shore, the path of frost stretching out before her.

Eves words chilled him to the bone. She was indeed right in a way, but he was sure that Venedict wouldn't even bother with this crew now that he seemed like Ranavos had been forgotten to him. With a curt nod, the lich allowed Eve to be on her way.

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

BOOM!!!

BOOM!!

BOOM!

Twenty-one guns roared in honour of the ex-Captain as she traversed the frozen trail of ice to the jungle. Powering down the crackling arc of fel-assisted ignition Grimforge nodded to himself and made his way up to the deck, gesturing for Zornar stow the guns as he ascended past the middle deck. He'd aligned himself poorly, it seemed; it was no secret either. Better to eat the drop of influence with a display of loyalty than a whimpering defection to the new guard. Still, Herod braced himself for consequences, in case the new Captain didn't appreciate an unauthorised broadside in honour of his predecessor (on his first day, no less).

Evellin had taken one step before she changed her mind- she'd be going alone, this time, and it would be irresponsible to drag another with her. She shook her head whether it was seen or not, and took off at a run, cutting away the frost behind her the second her boots pulled away from it, leaving no way to be followed. If Morbidus jumped, the others would certainly toss him a line... but no. He wasn't coming with her.

Good distance had been made between her and the ship when the latter suddenly fired off a shot that left her jumping in surprise. When it was systematically followed by more gunfire, the ex-captain realized it was more of a salute than an attack. She pursed her lips and nodded faintly. Stopping in her tracks, her hand extended to the side, violet and black tendrils arcing through her fingers as she drew a line through the air. The line cracked open, forming a gateway as it sucked the warmth out of the wind surrounding it.

A short whistle escaped her. "Aros." She inclined her head towards the horse that emerged from the Deathgate, the glow of his eyes mirroring that of her own as he snorted in greeting to his rider. Eve swung a leg over the saddle and gripped the reins. "Let's get out of here..."

The undead horse reared up and shot forward, kicking up fragments of ice as he raced for the shoreline. He and his rider quickly faded from view.

Morbidus raised his arms defensively at the firing of cannons, then blinked and turned. The defense turned into a salute, realizing what the crew was up to. The Undead smiled, then turned to leave with his Captain, but she was gone. He blinked a few times, not knowing what to do. The ice beneath his feet rapidly vanished.

With a leap, he clambered up onto the deck once more. They might insult him and spit on him for leaving so easily, or they might thank him for his loyalty. Perhaps, in time, he could prove himself to them?

The Undead Sailor stood awkwardly towards the edge of the boat, watching the others with slightly-wider than normal eyes. He couldn't help it, but his gaze was mostly on Ranavos, remembering their history together.

Rose only kept her head down and poked at the floorboards with her sword as Evellin went on her way. She was convinced it wasn't the last time she'd be seeing her. One Death Knight couldn't make a cap' to leave her crew. Especially not this one.

She bit her lip. "Well, I await orders." She glanced at Leo then at Ranavos.