Sett

TRP2 no longer updated. edit: fix found

Updates: 1017 final version from the creator/official. However there is more maybe to come from other sources. More info in later pages of thread and this link below. I am linking the main part here in case people can't click the link.

http://forums.telkostrasz.be/thread-882.html

Offical end of support for Total RP 2

Hi everyone !

This topic will be the last on this forum as I announce the official end of the addon support.

The 1.017 will be the last I made. I fixed some bugs with pandaren, but it's still buggy for language. You have to disable language and/or chat features in the TRP2 parameters in order to play with Pandaren.

Now let's talk about the future.

Total RP 2 is placed under Creative Commons "BY-NC-SA" licence.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

That means anyone can take the lead if he want to, as long as I keep being quoted in the source code.

I do not bequeath this forum nor the curse account. Future leader will have to make their own forum and curse addon (by renaming the addon "TRP2 for MoP" for example).

You do not have to ask for my permission for anything else.

If you want to implement pink unicorn in your own TRP2 version, be my guest !

Thank you again for all your support during these long years of developpement. I hope Total RP 2 will remains in every Wow roleplayer memories. Clin

Sylvain aka "Telkostrasz"

Old post:

If this is placed in the wrong spot I apologize!

http://forums.telkostrasz.be/announcement-1.html

Dear roleplayers,

As you can see the forums are closed. As I don't have time and/or motivation to spare for TRP2 anymore, I decided to close it all.

The Mist of pandaria bêta didn't convince me, and I refuse to pay for "that". Total RP 2 will work at 95% with MoP despite the fact that it will be marked as "out of date".

I will not come back to Wow until it runs free-to-play. in other words : not soon. Langue

I am not "quitting" TRP2. It is just hibernating.

TRP2 has had horrible issues lately. The whisper bug, crashing, not allowing for UIs to properly display things has been affecting many people this patch. This news saddens me.

edit:

FIX HERE: http://edmundpoints.co.uk/TotalRP2Fix.zip

found this while looking up info for debugging.

edit: tested it, seems to check out. whisper bug definitely gone, works with mogit.

edit again: I didn't make this.

This is the right spot for it. That's a bummer about the author not updating it. I'm surprised no one has adopted it and put out a newer version.

By the way (/hijack) I noticed that Izrail's Addon sticky is out of date, if ANYONE wants to take a stab at updating it, post a new thread and PM me to get it sticky'd.

Oh no, this is horrible news. I tried to run WoW without TRP for a couple of days and felt like I had a blindfold on without the map or character description options.. I finally went ahead and manually enabled it and felt much better, but I had no idea thats what was causing the whisper bug. I thought that was on Blizzards end. The game is practically unplayable while that bug exists, so looks like I'll have to disable it again..

I know there are other RP mods out there, but they never held a candle to TRP..

MAYBE the whisper bug can be ignored if you go to settings->interface and disable chat functions under the compatibility header. I'll see if I keep having that bug after doing that, but I'm missing out on important things like NPC dialogues and translations. I might have to switch to MRP + GHI + Tongues if nobody picks up TRP2 and updates it.

... Well, there goes the only roleplay addon that I ever used. I felt kind of annoyed yesterday, not being able to use it because of the bug, especially since I'm constantly RPing at at least 2 characters at once. I don't think MRP is gonna feel the same, either, but I've never tried it for myself

*Shakily presses gun to side of head* W-What do we do?! GAME OVER MAN.

Also, randomish question. In his forum posts... Why did his regular smiley face turn into one of those :P when turned to English?

PS: Leave it to the french to surrender

I'm kind of hoping the chat bug ISN'T caused by TRP, cause if thats the case, I'll continue to use it, probably.

Sett, are you sure the whisper bug was TRP? Where did you see that posted?

I've removed the TRP addon as well and I am still having the whisper bug. Perhaps it is another add-on we use, or a combination of the two.

In any case, I'm sad to see the add-on wont be updated. Hopefully someone will be brave enough to poke at the script that is TRP and be willing to update it for us. Or maybe the creator will not be able to resist coming back and fixing it. >_>

I just tested this. Sprung had removed his Total RP 2 earlier in the week because it was messing with his languages. I just uninstalled it completely from my Curse Client, and I held a fine conversation with him.

I would think any of you who have tried to hold convos after uninstalling it were talking to people who still have it installed.

Hopefully someone picks Total RP 2 up and fixes/updates it. But for now, it IS causing the problems. If you want to be able to hold private conversations with people the entire RP community will have to stop using it.

For what its worth, I was experiencing the whisper bug the other day when I had it enabled. I disabled it after seeing this thread and had a conversation with no problems at all.

I think I might be ready to swear off RP addons altogether if it does not get updated.

Frankly I'm beginning to see it as a huge crutch we had this entire expansion. People could simply find people in the zone they were in without having to truly search out Roleplay. People were able to describe their character as well as their character's history in detail without anyone having to interact with them to learn it...

I'm up for seeing how RP goes without the addon. Though I will miss being able to give out the Dusk Watch's recruit package using TRP2 items... ah well.

Magical tracking using RP addons is the cornerstone of our server, Urivial. I know a Rogue-Paladin thing that likes to somehow find people and track them, used it to harass Tannisar kinda hard. Methinks the Uri doth protest too much.

Rogue-Paladin-Dragon, but most notably, a bad RPer. They stalked me down repeatedly, listened in on RP, and spread rumors both IC and OOC about my characters afterward. Hence why I usually leave that function turned off.

On the note of RPing without addons... How am I supposed to convey situational appearances of my character? For instance, armor being beaten and scratched. I don't want to type /e looks worn and combat-tired. or something like that each and every time someone new joins the RP. I want to just have a little note that, when this person mouses over my character, they can see right there: "Right, they're fresh out of combat".

TL;DR: You can turn off tracking, and that's awesome. Otherwise, the criticism of TRP is situational at best. If you don't want to have your story up, don't put it there. If you don't want to read someone else's, don't read it.

So here's the question I think we might need to ask; Should we all switch to a different RP addon such at MRP so that at least brief descriptions are given when we come across one another?

I'm sad to see the nick-knacks and states go away, however I think I might go a little stir crazy if I cannot tell who is IC, who isn't, and that brief description of a person so I don't have to whisper them or, as Tanni said, describe myself every time someone new joins the conversation.

Not to mention those little details in the addon help start up rp half the time. Break the ice of 'are you okay?' or 'Why do you have such a silly amount of flowers in your hair?'

I like being able to find rpers with the tracking system, but I can just as easily look at my friends list then scour an area with a humanoid food tracking buff. In those situations I usually have the person's permission to stalk them down anyway. Just means I have to kill more worgs.

Honestly, if TRP2 doesn't have the whisper issue fixed within the week, I might just switch to MRP until someone fixes TRP2. I believe some of the addons are compatible with one another as well, so hopefully those still braving the TRP bug can read at least my mini description.

Sad as I am to say it, MRP may be the way to go. I remember the server -used- to use it, and it has the same description functionality as TRP. The biggest thing I'm going to miss is the NPC chatter and the item/state creation (if MRP doesnt pack it), I was using the hell out of both recetly.

Hopefully someone picks TRP back up and fixes it... *sigh*