Kaldore

Anyone else in GW2 early access?

/pounces

I found a wily Kaldore!

*If* I end up playing GW, I'll probably end up with coworkers, because there's a bunch that are crazy excited for it. I've purposely not looked into it to keep myself from temptation.

Technically I am but between the PC release of Dark Souls (I look at you Enheilras your excuses no longer hold up!), and my well... job ;p, I just don't have alot of time to play. In fact I am not even sure I have it installed right now better at least download it.

i stopped going for early access and etc with new mmos now.. ima wait few months before trying it maybe. Too many went dead after a few months/

I am not on tarnished coast or anything but I would find it hard to RP in guild wars 2 when every five minutes I see "The Executioner of God" "Bobbobbob" "Fenix Sword" or something similar. Also the fact that the servers are so overloaded right now doesn't help, with the "instance transfer" option not working it is almost impossible to get on the same version of a zone as your buddies are.

Hey Kark. I'm actually on the "unofficial RP server" and I haven't really run into many characters with the sort of names you're describing. But, like Raz said, it'll probably become more non-existent as the game goes on.

Hey Kark. I'm actually on the "unofficial RP server" and I haven't really run into many characters with the sort of names you're describing. But, like Raz said, it'll probably become more non-existent as the game goes on.

Very true, also it helps a lot when I finally turned floaty names off unless I click on someone. Guild Wars 2 will be like most mmo's give it three months and each server will find their "niche" and community/personality.

I will say that I am far more happy with GW2 than I have been since vanilla WoW. It's obviously not the same game and has a lot of features WoW didn't have when it was released but the amount of detail and "smart features" is making the experience fantastic.

I will say that I am far more happy with GW2 than I have been since vanilla WoW. It's obviously not the same game and has a lot of features WoW didn't have when it was released but the amount of detail and "smart features" is making the experience fantastic.

Agreed. GW2 is fun, both in gameplay and roleplay. The quantity of RP that I've seen on Tarnished Coast is HUGE to the point where I'm almost overwhelmed on where to start, but I've found the quality to be greater than what I've seen in my time on WoW in high-quantity RP servers like WrA and MG. I also haven't seen RP griefing in spite of it being an unofficial RP server, which is wonderfully refreshing. But those griefers might just be busy leveling. Who knows!

All in all, I'm enjoying it.