Sign in to follow this  
Duroxas

The Twisting Nether Monthly Artist's Challenge!

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow artists, art aspirants and enthusiasts, and RPers of all styles! Get ready, get hyped, get PUMPED, for

........................... The Twisting Nether Monthly Artist Challenge!.................

In an effort to promote art across the community, we hope the Monthly Artist Challenge can be a constant source of inspiration, motivation and friendly competition for all of the artists and artists-to-be on the site! So crack out your pencils, your paints and your tablets, it's on like Donkey Kong! The concept is very simple!

• Every month there will be a new theme, the goal is to draw something relating to that theme!
  • There will be a huge variety in themes. From lore characters to places to situations for your character, things wont get boring any time soon!
  • Once you've drawn your entry, post it here in this thread!

Each challenge will last about a month; Three weeks for submissions, and the final week will be judging. During that time, a poll will go up with the entries, and at the end of the week the top pic is declared the winner! At the end of each competition, the 1st place pic will go on the front page of the TNG as the Featured Art until the next winner comes along (Thanks Mortica!)

I do want to stress that though there IS a winner and a proposed "first place", the point of the challenge isn't to win, it's to encourage artists to show what they've got hiding up those charcoal-stained sleeves of theirs! I know from experience; a competitive flavor in the atmosphere promotes exploration! New techniques, refining skills! And even if you don't -think- you can draw, we want to help you realize that you -can-!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current challenge - Wrathion

180px-Wrathion_at_Tavern_in_the_Mists.jpg

The deadline for entries is ~1 / 31 / 13 ~ The contest is now Bi-monthly. No late entrants after Ive made the judging poll

Show us your stuff, TN!

The Chromie challenge is not over yet. With a busy semester and MotP still fresh we're not rushing anyone. Please feel free to participate. Chromie has it like that since she has some sway over those shifting sands of time. So keep the Chromie's comin'.

Allright, So. I'll be the first one to say that I dropped the ball on that last one. Maybe people just didnt like Chromie. Maybe I was slack on reminders and forgot to update. Maayybe it was disheartening to see what seemed like so little intrest so I kinda just stopped.

THAT ENDS NOW, LADIES! (and gentlemen).

Round two is here. I'm making a few changes, they'll be reflected in the initial post. This contest will be Bi-monthly. Witch means the deadline for this will be on January 31st. Judging will be the week after. No late entrants after Ive made the judging poll. What will also be added to the initial post will be whatever the current challenge is. The next NPC is...

Wrathion!

180px-Wrathion_at_Tavern_in_the_Mists.jpg

I dont want to see a repeat of the Chromie incident. Wrathion is awesome and I know at least three people who need an excuse to draw him (myself included). So. GO.

I hate the character of Wrathion and I hate his lore and his accent and the fact that he's like Middle Eastern for no reason and everything about him.

But I'll try and draw it.

If you step back, squint really hard, and tilt your head a certain way, it slightly resembles him in whelp form without a ghost wing.

epson010.jpg

I used colored pencil on grainy sketchbook paper because screw cleanliness and detail. (I have a scan of just the lines too, so maybe if I feel good I'll make a pretty version)