Sign in to follow this  
Alphaeus

Mists of Pandaria: September 25th

Sept. 25th, release date for MoP, digital upgrade now available at $39.99 regular, or $59.99 for digital deluxe.

Just log onto your battle.net account, and there’s a biiig button when you go into your WoW account, and you can upgrade your license to be ready to play on Sept. 25th.

"...Can be ready to play when the servers go live by pre-purchasing..."

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can smell Diablo 3 Release: 2.0 from two months away.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can smell Diablo 3 Release: 2.0 from two months away.

That was a release of a whole new game onto servers that weren't used to the stress/able to handle that amount of people. World of Warcraft already has servers that can handle mass amounts of players and just requires upgrading, unless every subscriber logs on at once on the 25th you should be good.

They set up new servers for Diablo 3 that were piss poorly stress tested. Cata launch was fine, Wrath launch was fine, I can't remember BC.

This is just my opinion of course, but I would be very surprised if we don't see Mists before the end of September. There's no way they're going to wait until November. To be honest, I'm surprised we aren't seeing the cinematic until August.

My prediction: Tuesday, September 18th

I was one week off.

I'm going to try to call in sick from work for a day so I can get a jump start on some leveling. But I don't think I'm going to make it the 25th.. I don't expect to see the same problems Diablo had on it's first day, but I expect there to be SOME issues and a lot of rolling restarts, lag, and overloaded servers.

I'm going to give it a day or two to clear up so I don't waste a day off staring at the log in screen.

$20 more and all you get is some diablo flag decals and a mount? No thanks.

The digital deluxe doesn't seem worth it, but the actually collectors edition has some really nice stuff. Feels like they're releasing the digital deluxe just to be like "Here's some things you could get if you got the collector's edition!"

[video=youtube;wvYXoyxLv64]

Pretty fantastic.

EDIT: Hopefully the expansion will be more of the first half of the video, less of the second >.>

Haha so long ago since I seen Villyana, still like that drawing. Here is the concept art for mister cinematic human star http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-mop?keywords=&view#/wowx4-artwork-18

If human models were detailed like that that would be amazing and...there needs to be a RP outfit that can be made that looks exactly like that! And with that trailer man I can't stop laughing when the orc and human are just standing there with the "What the hell just happened face". Then was like, here have this stick cause I think you'll need it *proceeds to get beat down anyways*.

I agree though it should have shown something we would find in MoP like the pandaren fighting the two to stop the sha from possessing them then oooooh pretty landscape! Then again MoP is about horde and alliance at each others throats.

While I have grown to like the trailer a bit more while watching it, here is what I think it should have been:

The first part of the gunships fighting and then General Nazgrim and Admiral Taylor (They look very similar to their in-game models, so I am assuming its them) fighting in the Jade Forest were fine, but when the Pandaren stops their attacks, I think it should have been a Sha attacking them instead. A Pandaren appears, having been watching them (In this version, you can see him observing the battle in the background), and all three of them fight against the Sha. Once it is dead, the three of them stand looking at its body with a "wtf?" face, even the Pandaren (Since many of them think the Sha are only a legend), then after a few seconds, Nazgrim and Taylor start fighting again while the Pandaren watches them with annoyance, gradually turning to stopping them, like in the original trailer. Then it plays out like it does normally.

The Sha would not have been the main feature of the expansion this way, thus the "There is no end boss" mentality could still be upheld, since it basically ends with the Pandaren stopping the Horde and Alliance fighting (Which is what their purpose is in this expansion), while simultaneously showing that the Alliance and Horde war caused the Sha, another major point we learn. It also starts the tone of the 5.0 storyline, where the Sha are undoubtedly the main villains of the story until 5.1 drops.

That was a release of a whole new game onto servers that weren't used to the stress/able to handle that amount of people. World of Warcraft already has servers that can handle mass amounts of players and just requires upgrading, unless every subscriber logs on at once on the 25th you should be good.

right, because they had no way of expecting millions of people to want to play their game, and it's totally unlikely that they will fail to expect millions of people to want to play MoP when it releases given their track record of consistently failing to expect as many people as want to play their game to play their game at the same time

nawmsayn?