Suleiman

Declaration of Internet Freedom

Well I signed it, but I'm a little nervous about the "Access: Promote universal access to fast and affordable networks." "Promoting" usually ends up being "controlling." "Promoting" healthy discourse means banning speech from people you disagree with. "Promoting" healthy foods means taxing ones you don't like, etc.

Well I signed it, but I'm a little nervous about the "Access: Promote universal access to fast and affordable networks." "Promoting" usually ends up being "controlling." "Promoting" healthy discourse means banning speech from people you disagree with. "Promoting" healthy foods means taxing ones you don't like, etc.

I'd like to believe it means getting rid of control by an individual or group and allowing it to be controlled by it's users, and to encourage the building of better, faster, and free-er networks for all, ridding of censorship like the 'Great Firewall' of China.

I'd like to believe it means getting rid of control by an individual or group and allowing it to be controlled by it's users, and to encourage the building of better, faster, and free-er networks for all, ridding of censorship like the 'Great Firewall' of China.

What do you know about IPv6 Implementation and how could you use network based packet-switching protocols to stop ARP Poisoning?

Oooh what? Users don't normally know anything about that?

Well then, they certainly don't need to be controlling *anything* concern it.

What do you know about IPv6 Implementation and how could you use network based packet-switching protocols to stop ARP Poisoning?

Oooh what? Users don't normally know anything about that?

Well then, they certainly don't need to be controlling *anything* concern it.

When I say 'controlled by it's users' I mean not regulated by a group/government/individual.

But what wrong have the W3C done exactly? They've done pretty well since Day 1.

Does W3C have control over the internet and the ability to censor it?

From their mission statement (Link) it doesn't seem so.

DNS is how the internet works.

Without DNS, 99% of people who use the internet would not be able to use the internet.

Then there's people like me who keep a hosts.txt file with IP addresses of favorite sites that I've pinged and trace routed.

DNS is how the internet works.

Without DNS, 99% of people who use the internet would not be able to use the internet.

Then there's people like me who keep a hosts.txt file with IP addresses of favorite sites that I've pinged and trace routed.

Alright, but I'm still confused why you brought up W3C previously If they have nothing to do with regulation and censorship?