Sign in to follow this  
Urivial

Altherion and Igh's Grand Adventure ((Soon to be Open, Closed for now.))

Altherion pulled himself to his feet, bringing a plated arm before his face to shelter his eyes. When the blossom of the explosion vanished, he eyed the tunnel. The external part of his armor was cracked in some places, little lines of blue streaks through the otherwise black and grey armor.

He started to remember, thinking past on this strange reality. What was it that Elf had said those years ago? Something about having nothing to live for? He didn't have his Undead, he could feel his magic draining...

He did a quick check. The internal part of his armor wasn't harmed in the blast. There was a sputter from within his armor, almost like a cough of dust. The cobwebs that had gathered since his dormancy began to stir, and as he marched into the base, the Engineering systems in his armor started to turn on.

Not a single Undead followed their Master in, there were more elsewhere... But no where near close enough to help. Altherion continued to descend, ready for Igh with strength and tech.

Altherion would eventually find himself deep within the crust of Azeroth. He would come into a room full of light strangely enough. In the center was a throne, in which Igh sat looking rather... bored.

"Ah. 'Milord' arrives at last. You took your sweet time Altherion."

Igh sneers from his lounging spot on the throne, seeming to be without a care in the world.

"Do you like what I've done with what you left for me? So many experiments, breakthroughs... it's rather sad my other self will probably never achieve more than half of what I've accomplished.

Altherion looked around the room at the workshop and throne. He then looked at Igh, his words barely registering on Altherion. He lifted his left arm, a few devices moving under the armor, and where his hand had once been.

"This is my world, Igh." Altherion hissed, the Hand-Mounted-Pyro-Rocket ready to fly at the Necromancer. As Altherion tried to fire it, the old tech made a strange broken noise, the device going off and shattering that part of Altherion's armor. His arm hung limp, and he grabbed his Axe with his other hand.

He didn't even notice he had been blasted to the ground, rising up and lifting his Axe. His vision was blurry, and he hadn't felt pain in years. No one had even defied him in years... And here he was, about to die. Whatever. All he had now was killing the Necromancer...Even if he did perish, what did he have to return to?

Igh lets out a half-scoff, half-laugh as he watches Altherion struggle.

"Come now Altherion. Let's be honest. This is our world. A world we made together. And in the end, it is wrong. If there's one thing I've realized over the years, it's that we are wrong. The undead as a whole are an abomination. We did not mess with the past when we chose to alter it, we created a whole seperate reality, one that traveled along it's own path."

Igh shakes his head slowly.

"This world has been decaying since we began our work. And today, we finish it Altherion. As we began, so do we end. Together. Tell me, do you have the strength left to look to the ceiling? The lighting of this place is rather... spectacular."

If Altherion did force himself to look up, he would for the first time see something truly awe-inspiring. Hanging high in the air was the orb he'd given to Igh long ago in Southshore. It was black as ever, but at the same time gave off a glow that illuminated the entire room in creepy light. The other odd thing about the orb was it's size. It was gigantic now, and Igh's work became much more obvious. He'd been feeding necrotic energies to this thing at the expense of Altherion's undead.

Altherion didn't bother looking up, instead there was a screeching noise as his Undead, Jitters, leapt up to slam against the orb. The Undead looked the same as when he had first come through the portal, though he was bulging in some places. Just before he would hit, the charges Altherion filled his frame with went off. There was a mix of green smoke and flames. Whether it harmed the orb or not, Altherion charged forward, appearing on the other side of the ooze, Axe drawn.

Igh just sighed as he stood from his seat, arms spread.

As Altherion reached Igh, and made to kill him, the orb would suddenly fall. The instant it touched them, it exploded.

Altherion and Igh's Grand Adventure had ended with a bang. The reality they'd created for themselves was erased in a moment, and somewhere, the presence known as Order would sigh and turn to Fate, giving one last wordless glare, before heading back to the important realities, the ones where things went right, even if Chaos was interjected more often then was appreciated.

There was a blip in the darkness of nothing.

And another.

And another.

And another.

Finally, the beings known as Altherion and Igh appeared. They were both kneeling in Theramore, scorched from the aeons of void that once entombed them. Finally, they were free, unleashed upon the world again. The Death Knight regarded his "ally" for a moment.

"Yes~ A fresh, unsuspecting world, my comrade!"

They were then vaporized as the bomb that hit Theramore ended their lives again.

Igh only had a moment to contemplate Altherion's stupidity before the explosion took them both in a fiery blast.

Moments later they found themselves reconstituting once more under the large tree in Stonetalon Mountains that the druids had made into a school.

Igh turned to Altherion and spoke this time, "I fucking hate you."

And then the Horde's giant spiky red bomb went off and they were once again destroyed.

Altherion let out a deep sigh as the two appeared on a large rock, surrounded by ocean.

"You know, I always thought you were an ugly cu--"

Deathwing erupted from the Maelstrom, eradicating the two.

A thousand times this happened, with them trading insults back and forth amongst each other. And then Igh had a moment of inspiration. Before the large explosion that inevitably ended both of them could happen, he placed himself within an ice block, both middle fingers outstretched at Altherion as he became invulnerable. The explosion tore Altherion apart and Igh cackled evilly as he let the ice block dissipate.

"Ahahahahaha! Yes, finally free of that ignorant buffoon! I shall take this world by stor-"

It was at that point that shrapnel the size of his body went through his head and he died again.

The Death Knight would try to lift Igh into the air, in an attempt to shield himself from the repeated action of their purgatory. Finally, on the hundred thousandth and seventy second cycle of their demise, it seemed to work.

That was, until the Zerg invaded, and the two were assimilated into Kerrigan's swarm.

Before being eradicated by a Ghost's nuclear launch.