Sign in to follow this  
Urivial

Altherion and Igh's Grand Adventure ((Soon to be Open, Closed for now.))

((This is going to be a rather large thread, though it might move slowly. Altherion and I will be playing with an Alternate Universe idea where Igh and He end up getting put in the past... and screw it over royally.

NONE of this is Canon. When the thread does finally open, you will need to keep in mind that your character has probably grown up extremely differently depending on the changes we make to the timeline in the first part of this thread.

Altherion will post first, I'm just here to explain a small part of the Grand Plan. You will learn of this Grand Plan as the thread progresses. All I will say now is... It is going to be... glorious.))

The paper was bronze in color, the same as these dragons. This place was cold, and dark, and...Rather annoying. That blasted eternal ticking noise from all of the...He didn't even know what to call that. The giant upside down Hour-glass of whatever-the-hell was floating there...Damned sand in his boots now and then.

At least the sand was cold, unlike that miserable Tanaris heat. At least it was dark and cool here. At least his eyes lit up the paper. Five thousand gold, to do something in history that already happened? He knew everything he had to do. Help someone escape Durnholde keep. The Dragons wanted five Mercenaries, and he was one of the first to sign up.

Altherion stepped through the Portal, Shadowmourne strapped to his back. Jitters was standing next to him as he appeared inside the cave, a bit to the North of Southshore, at the base of the Alterac Mountains.

So far, he saw three others. An Elf Ranger, lightly geared in leather...A well geared Orc Warrior...And a Troll Druid. Then a fourth member. It took him a moment, because she never seemed to be in one place. She had golden, sparkling hair, and would have been considered pretty by most. A slender, Elven build, easy on the eyes. The...Eyes. Her eyes continued to twitch, glowing orbs of gold. They saw so much, knew so much...

He took his gaze off them, looking at the rest. The Bronze Dragon made him uneasy. And his own pause gave way to anger. Altherion leaned back from the group, waiting for their final member to arrive.

Igh needed gold. He was tired of being penniless. So when he found a flyer on his usual walk through Orgrimmar, and discovered some dragon or something wanted assistance for FIVE THOUSAND GOLD, he knew what he had to do.

Not 15 minutes later he arrived at the so-called Caverns of Time and found his party waiting for him. A well geared Orc Warrior, a Troll Druid, some elf thing, and some rather odd creature he figured was really the dragon... and then there was that Death Knight he'd not spoken to more than a few times over all. What was he doing here? He didn't really seem like one to risk his unlife for the Horde. Perhaps he needed the money.

Igh moved to stand beside him, turning his eyes to the one who'd gathered them and waiting for her to explain why they were here.

The Bronze Dragon looks at the group. "This is everyone, then..." Her voice was quiet, and soft. She clearly wasn't used to speaking much. "There have been reports by some of our scouts of Infinite attacks on this area. They want to change history. Instead of closing this time line, I have elected to bring a band of Mercenaries..." She waves a hand. "You all."

"In the case Infinite do show up and this timeline is compromised, I will be using this device to cut us off from the real branches of time." She holds up a large Bronze Hourglass, instead of sand, however, a slow moving liquid flowed within. It glowed with magic. "I would teleport us all out, then trap them here. We would be safe, and you would be paid for your time, accordingly."

She smiled. "All we have to do is make sure the future Chief of your Horde gets to his destination. Any questions?"

Igh blinks.

"Wait... we're travelling back in time? Do we get paid now or after? How long will we be back in time? Where exactly is this -area- we're travelling to, and how important is it to the world?"

Igh's mind was racing, he could travel backwards in time and get PAID for it?! Why had he never been told this before?!

The Bronze nodded. "Yes...Back in time. You will be paid half now, half later. Is that alright with you all?" She smiled, reaching down to her pack to pull out some coins. "Right outside this cave is Southshore, a few moments before Thrall is to escape..."

As the Bronze was turned, the Orc unsheathed his Greatsword. He swung it at her, midswing, his form shifting into a Drakonid. His armor faded, replaced with black-grey scales. He roared as the blade struck deep, the Bronze flying back against the wall. The Magical device in her hands began to activate. A soft ticking noise was heard. She tried to say something, but spat sand instead.

The Elf Ranger fired an arrow at the Drakonid, while the Troll Druid raised it's staff. Altherion went around back, stabbing it through the spine.

And then, with a flash of white magic, the entire world changed.

The Drakonid corpse was gone. The sand of the cave was gone, replaced with soft green foliage common in Southern Lordaeron. Altherion looked about, noticing the portal was gone as well. He hissed. Trapped.

And suddenly, he got an idea. As the Elf Ranger began to put away her arrows, she found an Axe jammed through her midsection. The Troll druid's staff broke in half with ease, nearly as easy as their chest. Altherion spun his axe a bit, the blood flying off and marking the sides of the cave. He turned to look at Igh.

Igh blinked slowly. In the span of less than five minutes his cash cow had been killed, her murderer had been killed, two of the adventurers were dead or dying and... were they fucking trapped in the past?!

Igh held Altherion's gaze for a moment before raising an eyebrow.

"I presume you have an idea since you just offed those two. Come on, start giving me details!"

Altherion turned to look where the corpse of the Bronze was. "I'm afraid your gold may be gone...But..." His gaze turned malicious, excited. He was almost giddy, but had enough composure to hide it. His voice stayed cold and apathetic.

He looked out of the cave, into the sunlight of the past. "There's a whole world of opportunities, here..."

Altherion grinned as he took a step out, waiting for Igh to follow.

Igh walked behind him, beginning to fully understand.

"I am one of the New Forsaken. I have not read much of the histories either... but I assume you know enough about this time and area to be of advantage to us? I offer my skills as a Mage, Alchemist, and Inventor. As long as you supply me with the things I need to continue my work, I will assist you in your endeavors... I've never gotten your name Death Knight."

Altherion looked about, he pulled a bottle of Plague from his belt. "This is Southshore. If it is truly the time when Thrall is about to escape...Then the strongest Paladins in the world are gathered here. They have -never- seen creatures like us. I'd wager they are in the inn."

Altherion shrugs, recalling. "Arthas would be directly North of us, about to start his trip into Andorhal." He looks about. "The Orcs are in camps...And the Human Kingdoms are lacking trust. It's a catalytic time in history, Alchemist."

He suddenly adds. "And there is no Ashbringer...The Lich King is building forces to the North." He grinned. "This whole world is reeling from an earlier war...Nothing can oppose us."

He pointed Shadowmourne at Southshore. "We will take this town, raise them as Undead, and spread our infection from here..." Magic began to flow around him at the thought. He was very, very eager. "You may call me Lord Altherion."

Igh nods shortly, turning it into one of respect to the Death Knight. He'd had Lords before, even "Grand Necromancers." This would be no different.

"I have some specialized potions on me. We can turn a few into intelligent creatures if you wish. They will be loyal to us of course and remember none of their history, only how to function..."

Igh grinned, remembering fondly the turning of the first female paladin, Fiona. She'd been so loyal until she died...

Altherion nods. He began to walk towards Southshore, finding the road between the forest and ocean. "That sounds like it will do quite the trick. There are sure to be some Guardsmen, once we enter town. Until we're in the Inn, I suggest you don't show any rot or signs of Damnation."

He walked a bit faster, wrapping his cape about Shadowmourne to hide the glow. His eyes were something he couldn't fix, so he squinted to try and make up for it.

"You're as willing as I am, Brother. Perhaps you can be my Second, in our Armies. Or equal. As long as the world is destroyed, hrm?"

He stopped on the edge of town, where the road forked. "What's your name, by the way?"

Igh grunts, pulling his cowl up and hiding the bones he usually lets show as a point of pride.

He drinks a dose of his special potion and his spine straightens up, giving him a bit more semblance of humanity.

"I will be perfectly happy with the position of Second. I do not quite care for ruling the world, but if it gives me unlimited resources for my experiments, I will help you in your ambition to do so. And you may call me Igh."

With that he pulled his cowl down a bit more, hiding his glowing yellow eyes.

"And we aren't destroying the world 'Brother'. We're giving it the Gift of Rebirth. Of the New, and improved Life."

"Very well then, Igh." As they walked into town, Altherion brushed past a man in Purple robes with a small hat. His robes marked him as Kirin-Tor. Kel'Thuzad stopped, recognizing the Undead from visions.

Altherion kept moving, walking into town and towards the inn. The place was very lively, full of fishermen, a boat docked in the harbor. Trade was going on, shouts as market people from all over the area gathered to barter. Women and Children were peddling wares while their Elders sat beneath tents, telling stories to people. The Men of the place were scattered, temporary Guards or learning trade from the locals.

It appeared that nearly the entire Foothills was here to trade. Even a few Dwarves from their barracks to the East...This was too easy. Clearly a sign that this would be his day of victory...And so Altherion continued, through the thick crowds.

It was a hot day. The peak of afternoon had risen, the sun burning down on people. Exhaustion would be setting in shortly...

Altherion ducked inside the cooler inn, where there was a rather quiet crowd. Sitting near the fireplace was a company of Paladins. One of them held a box in his hands. Altherion felt a surge of dark magic, and struggled to keep himself from snatching it early.

In the center of the room, a few Kirin Tor mages stood. They were chatting and reading. Altherion waited near the doorway.

Kel'Thuzad continued to follow them at a distance, peering through a window.

Igh followed Altherion into the Inn, feeling the strange surge immediately, his eyes drawn to the box as they narrowed and he pulled Altherion to the side, hissing to him.

"What -IS- that?"

His eyes kept darting to it... it was calling to him...

Sounds drifted from the conversation. "There cannot be Light without Void."

Altherion looked at them. One of the mages raised a hand, Holy magic starting to build. "It must be destroyed! It is an Abomination! Remember your hand, Alexandros!"

"Damnit, we're almost late." Altherion hissed. "Igh, we have to stop them. If that crystal turns, we can be undone..."

The Paladins noticed the pair as Altherion unwrapped his Axe, Shadowmourne glowing. The group stopped casting and turned to blink at the newcomers.

Igh raised an eyebrow and grinned savagely, pulling back his cowl with rotted bony hands and raising an eyebrow.

"Good Afternoon Gentlemen. We'll be taking that."

His hands raise and he breathes in, exalting in the feel of Arcane that felt... younger. Even if only by a couple decades. Frost magics sparked and a more localized Ring of Frost fell onto the group, they moved to rise only to have it activate with their weapons half out of their holsters, magics on the tips of their fingers.

They All Froze.

Fatally in fact as Igh stepped back and began handling the other patrons, letting Altherion do his work.

Altherion death gripped the Orb that was to become the Ashbringer in another time line. Here...It would be an instrument of darkness. He grinned wide at the pure Shadows and Unholy magic, waving a hand. Lances of Unholy magic flew from the orb, striking the living before him. Hearts were pierced, the magic actually materializing long enough to cut through bodies.

It began to dawn on Altherion just how powerful they were becoming. The strongest Paladins in the world...

As the ice faded, and the corpses fell, so did the future. Tirion, Alexandros, Renault, Doan, Abbendis, Fairbanks...Any future champions of the Holy light. And he had just wiped them out with a single thought. This Orb was very powerful...

"Igh, I entrust this to you. You're better with magic, anyways." He held the orb back in with one hand, pointing Shadowmourne with the other. The fresh corpses began to twitch and rise. At his Command, none left the inn yet. He wanted to make sure they could capture the entire gathering outside.

Igh raised an eyebrow, having finished off the normal patrons with a few large ice lances he turned only to find Altherion giving him the thing he was so drawn to.

He took it from Altherion's hands and sighed, feeling it attune to him as he reached out with his magic..

This. -This- Was power. He looked to Altherion grinning wickedly now as he held the orb in one clawed hand.

"Do you wish any of these corpses to be intelligent or shall we wait to find more... worthy vassals?"

He looked around at the slowly twitching dead, quickly becoming undead...

Altherion looked out the window, at Kel'Thuzad. The man nervously walked inside. "Igh...Take Command of these Undead. Make sure the Leader of the Cult of the Damned tells his friends which Death Knight to worship."

Altherion opened a Death Gate. It was small, and he appeared a few meters North, in the Graveyard. Stabbing Shadowmourne into the ground, the Undead rose up. At first, they spread to the small houses on the outskirts of the villiage, gathering knives and farming tools as weapons. Random, scattered Guardsmen also served to bolster the ragtag force of Undead.

Altherion continued to guide his efforts from the Graveyard, the initial host spreading about the North of town. They would never survive. Only be used to hold the people in, before he could get a good shot of Plague on their concentrated mass...

Altherion got an idea. He pointed a hand, a lance of frost magic catching the Flight Master. The Gryphons were still in their roosts, and flew off as the grisly Undead rose to join the main group.

Altherion tried to reach Igh with a thought. "Use your Undead to start pushing them North. Then ready some Plague. Hysteria and foolishness will aid us. We are monsters of Nightmares to these people."

"When they are blocked in...Release your Plague vials." He threw a torch into one of the houses, and it caught against the thatched roof. He poured a small amount of Plague on it, and the poisons began to fill the air. Using Howling Blast, he channeled the wind currents, making it blow South and onto the bulk of the town. It would, at the least, make them susceptible.

Igh smirked, eyes glowing yellow with dominant black spots as the black orb in his hands hummed evilly.

Kel'Thuzad took about five seconds to fall to his feet.

"You are glorious! And the other with you. He is Death Incarnate! I... I will do anything you ask!"

Igh let out a loose cackle and sent forth around half the shambling undead to Kel'Thuzad.

"You will take these workers and go gather your plague. When we give the signal, you will unleash it on the inhabitants of this pitiful Town."

The rest of the undead followed Igh outside once Kel'Thuzad had left, and they began to push north, breaking into homes. He made sure that the undead moved slowly enough that the intellignet humans were able to escape them, only the truly foolish were fell upon and devoured because they stood still and were caught. Eventually the last of the town was blocked in, and Kel'Thuzad had brought forth a barrel of plague. Igh smirked and had a particularly large undead pick it up and throw it at the feet of the living. It burst and splashed over the area.

Kel'Thuzad's plague was fresh. He hadn't been perfecting his art like he had present day. Instead of acidic to the outside...Townsfolk began to cough, spitting blood. Their lungs were slowly burned out by the acidic plague in the air. The Undead were fine, slicing through the Living as if they were paper. Anyone who died was raised, any corpse too mangled put to the side to become this worlds new Abominations.

Altherion gestured, and the new Host of Undead rose. The "battle" if it could be called that, was very short lived. In mere moments, the entire, unarmored town was theirs.

Altherion looked at Igh. "Even now, I can feel it. The call... Take this host of Damned, travel West, to the Farms. North of that is Kel'Thuzads Plague chambers. Be warned, farther North is Dalaran, and Capital City itself. We -cannot- tackle any target too large."

He began to open a Death Gate.

A bit of snow came out of the other side of the Death Gate. He turned to look at Igh. "I have a Throne to claim."

He stepped through, the portal closing. Igh would feel a magical transition as the Undead served him as their true Master, at least for the moment.

Alarm bells were ringing on the distance, barely audible over the crackling flames. A bucket brigade had formed in the Western farms, and was headed their way.

Igh smirked and nodded to his new undead. They shambled about, looking concerned and attempting to try to get water from the nearby harbor. As the bucket brigade rushed in they thought they were getting help, only to be surrounded and assaulted quickly, taken out. Afterwards Igh used his forst magics, augmented by the orb to put out the fires with a flick of his hand. He smirked and looked to Kel'Thuzad.

"Wait till sunset and then lead our force against the Western Farms. I will be studying this lovely orb... and planning how to take Dalaran. From what I've seen it escaped the first time, this cannot happen again."

He settled himself down in a chair in the Inn, and began to poke at the orb with his magics, intrigued by it to be sure.