Sign in to follow this  
Aleria Fadeleaf

The New Kaldorei Resistance (Ongoing Event)

((OOC info at the bottom))

It was the third case of it this week. A collection of sentinels could do nothing but stare at the figure, draped in brilliant purple and blue robes, her hands bound behind her back, hanging from a branch by a crude rope tied around her neck several feet above the ground. The apparent leader of the group shook her head, and tilted her head toward the woman to her right. "Think you can hit the rope without damaging the corpse?" The sentinel nodded and drew her bow. Her first and second shots missed, but the third finally grazed the rope enough to allow the stiffened body to break free, tumbling down to the ground. Predictably, a note had been attached, scrawled in simple Darnassian characters: "Be Kaldorei, Remain Kaldorei", and signed at the bottom with the initial "NKR".

The Sentinel Commander recognized the woman, a recent convert to the arcane who came to her with concerns: death threats received from this radical group that had sprung up in the last few days. She feared for her safety, and was kept in the custody of the sentinels. "How could this have happened? We swore to protect this woman!" Her voice suddenly erupted, raised in outburst as her attention flew to her sisters, each of them apparently without an answer to give. She stared at the corpse one last time, shaking her head. "Handle this... I expect to hear an answer by the time of my return."

The other sentinels nodded, two of them moving to pick up the corpse before they and the others moved on. The commander knelt down, drawing her hand around the half-moon pendant that hung from her neck, closing her eyes as she listened to the footsteps as they grew more distant. Finally she muttered. "Mother moon, your daughter seeks your guidance. Radiant goddess, please hear my plea..." She was interrupted by another voice. "Ask and she shall answer, though perhaps not in the way that you might expect."

The commander's eyes drew up, meeting the gaze of a hooded and cloaked Night Elf who stood perhaps twenty feet away, studying her from atop a nearby rock with a great owl perched upon her raised right arm. Her face was mostly obscured, as was most of her body from a tattered green cloak, covered in clear entry holes where arrows or blades may have passed, surrounded by enormous purple blotches. It clearly wasn't hers, it couldn't have been. The woman wore it as either a trophy or a reminder, the sentinel couldn't determine which. "You... are you responsible for this?"

The owl tilted its head to the side as the woman spoke: "The goddess has brought you here today, and me to you. We have been watching you, Yelena Shadebough, for a very long time, waiting for the goddess to finally see you to us."

Unease washing over her face, Yelena could only spit back a garbled rebuttal of how they had betrayed the goddess, and their own people. The cloaked woman's demeanor didn't change, almost as though she had expected much, she spoke very calmly. "We know different, proud sentinel, and we know that you think differently. You have seen, as we have, the toll of the Alliance, they use us as fodder and undermine everything that has made us what we are while they leech from our lands and the fruits of our labor, are those not your words, sentinel?"

"That doesn't mean I would ever turn to THIS!" Yelena stammered, still chasing her memories to determine how they would ever have known that.

The woman before her gestured to the spot where the corpse had fallen. "They would. You remember, as I do, what they did at Suramar. You remember the laughter..." The last word slithered out, seething rage beginning to manifest for the first time in her voice. "You remember the futile cries as I do of doomed souls crying out to the false queen to save them. You and I, we're survivors, and we owe it to those who died never to never forget what happened... and to never let it happen again."

"You're insane!" The sentinel weakly protested, watching the woman as the owl flapped its wings and released its talons as the woman's right arm flew down, her voice raised again. "Sentinel open your eyes! They want to systematically turn us into THEM! Any who resist they will simply eliminate, or worse! Look at what's happened, they killed their own for their own benefit, people have been kidnapped and experimented on! Don't tell me it's a rumor, I've seen YOUR reports! When is this going to stop, sister!? When are you going to stand up and fight for our people!?"

Other figures began to appear out of shadows. The sentinel was outnumbered. It was stupid to remain, but it was too late now. The woman continued. "Elune brought you here for a reason, sentinel. She wants you to see the truth, as we do, and fight to rescue our people from the fate that THEY, the highborne, their sycophants, and the Alliance and the Horde both, it doesn't matter, BOTH wish for nothing more than the end of our people, one is simply more honest about it! Elune wants you to see reason, and to fight for the Kaldorei, as we both have in ages past. You and I owe that to our people, you know this is what you must do, I was simply sent to make you see it."

"No... sister, we've gone through changes, but they're not beyond hope! We can reform the Highborne, we only need the Alliance for a short time, there's no reason to turn to this! You don't stand for the goddess, you betray her! Please sister, see reason!"

The woman looked down, shaking her head. "I'm sorry to hear you say that."

Before the sentinel could respond, an arrow arced its way from one of the figures and into her heart. It was a perfect shot and it killed her instantly. The woman leapt down from the rock as one of the figures, a Kaldorei who was among the group of sentinels that had first investigated the corpse approached her from the right. "Perhaps I was wrong... sister. Perhaps she was just scum like the highborne she protects."

The woman shook her head. "The death of every one of our sisters is a tragedy, worse so when must come by our hand."

"What shall I say of this?"

"The truth" The woman responded. "Tell them the truth: Commander Shadebough turned on her people and on the Goddess, and that you took the appropriate measures to defend them from her sudden treason... after all Sentinel, I saw the grip on her bow, and her eyes were trained on you. It was only a matter of time before she would have done the same."

The Sentinel nodded, her expression appearing to be disturbed by the last revelation. "Praise be to Elune, sister."

The woman nodded, turning away. "Praise be to Elune."

-------------------

OOC:

The New Kaldorei Resistance (A) is an ongoing event that will start on Sunday, March 11th at 7:00pm, and will continue on a once-a-week basis for about six to ten weeks, depending on how the story unfolds. Essentially, it revolves around the terrorist group: the New Kaldorei Resistance, who seek to rid their people of highborne and Alliance influences, and the attempts of the Alliance (I'm going to let their coordinator post his own introduction) to stop the killings.

The March 11th event is going to be something along the lines of a meet and greet for everyone who wants to be a part of this. There will be a speech given at the Cenarion Enclave about the danger of change to the Night Elven people. I invite all participants from both sides to listen, from then on, the event is in the hands of the coordinators.

After the March 11th event, depending on turnout, I'll make the final decision on whether we should move forward with this, and create a general channel for the event if I decide that we should. So, I hope to see everyone there!

I want to leave three notes before I open this up for commenting:

1. Members of the New Kaldorei resistance go to great lengths to disguise their appearance during the group's work. This allows them to blend back into society during the week. Please keep that in mind if you see one of the group RPing outside of a scheduled event, unless they flat out tell you or make it obvious that they are a part of the group.

2. I'm looking for expendable characters and alts only. For members of the NKR, I encourage you to make a night elf and level it to 15. The reason why is because we will be using a roll system for the group's confrontations. During these events, characters can be captured or killed. If your character is killed, you may recycle the toon with another character, but what I'm saying is that it's better not to bring your main character (alternate characters being played on the same toon are fine) into this, unless you're willing to take the chance that they get killed by a series of bad rolls.

3. While not required, I highly encourage players to use TotalRP2 or a compatible mod for this event, mostly for the renaming of deceased characters.

Credit where it's due: I borrow many of the themes, and some lines from 'Purity First', a similar group from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I think I can help you out with that if you need it, I can duel box and not interrupt my presence there with the toon I'd like to bring here

One final post before the event: I have to postpone it by an hour, moving the event to 8:00pm. I didn't realize that daylight savings time starts tomorrow and Arizonans do not partake in that heathen ritual.

All right. Little to no turnout for the first event, so I'm going to go ahead and put this on hold while I figure out whether it's a good idea or not to continue or to try to move forward with something else.