Avenel

The Twisting Nether Role-Playing Faction

Twisting Nether Role- Playing Factions

Introduction:

Welcome to the TNRP Factions. I am sure you are asking yourself “What’s the point?”, “Why do I need think?” The whole entire point for choosing a faction is to help keep the Role-Playing on the server some what organization. Plus, choosing the faction opens the door for the player to role-play outside of their guild for sever role-play. I would like to remind everyone who chooses a faction is that it’s all free, all volunteer and will be posted on the Twisting Nether Gazette.

TNRP Factions: The Benefits

The benefits of using the TNPR factions is that it makes identifying role-players that are compatible with your character, who to avoid, and potential to make alliances with others outside of the guilds, guild alliance, and FUN confrontations with other role-players that are in opposite factions.

TNRP Factions: The Categories

Factions Base: Military, Citizen, Politician, the Black Market

Faction Attitude: Uncorrupted, Neutral, Corrupt

Descriptions:

Military: a person or guild that follows a military view of role-playing. Examples are a unit, squad, or troops of a capital city. It could even be a group of city guards.

Citizen: a person or guild just living an everyday life. These people will focus on starting a family or social drama. They are soap opera of the server.

Politician: this person or guilds are the “mover and shaker” of the server. These people are more interested in the government aspect of the server. Even though there is a king or Ruler, these people try to be in the inner circle of the Monarchy. Some examples are being the Sheriff, Plot Manager, Activity Coordinator, Governor and or city council. *Voting is explained in the judicial section.

The Black Market: a person or guild that is only interested in making money. They are Merchants, Freelancers, and anyone else who uses their professional skills. Sometimes they will use the auction house other times they will post of the trade channel.

Uncorrupted: These people generally are good. Hey will not accept a bride. They tend to have a high moral base and standard.

Neutral: These people see everything in a grey scale. People are neither good nor bad; they just do what they do. Most of the time, they just don’t care.

Corrupt: These people have no morals. The will take bribes, rob people, and run scams. If you like being the “Bad Guy” this is the attitude for you.

TNRP Factions: The Use of TRP2

In your Information area all you would need to type in is the Faction and Attitude. You can also use your guild’s faction and attitude as a base if need to.

Avenel citizen-uncorrupt (personal)

citizen-neutral (guild)

TNRP Factions: The Judicial / System and Voting

The Judicial system is an elective system. Each faction has their own council made up of 5 members. Then the server council is made up of one member from each of the faction council. The Royal Advisor is called in if there is a major breakdown in the role playing community.

To be on a council and the Royal Council, the player must meet all the requirements as follows:

1. Must have a guild of 13 different account holders or 100 members.

2. Must be active on their account and give alt names to where the can be contacted.

3. Agree to the Term Contract.

4. Must be able to make all the council meetings.

Yes, this is a privilege position. If the player fails to make the meeting, then there position is forfeited to the runner up.

The elections are held every 6 months and are really easy to do. The candidate must go on TNG and post their request for candidacy. The all the Role Playing Guilds will count how many members they have and all members will be added together. Then the Candidacy will use that number as a base for their rank. Example: Total Members: 1546

/roll 1546

you rolled 995

The Candidate’s ranking is 995. This rank will be posted on TNG by some one else other than the Candidate.

The Royal Advisor is an appointed position by the Royal Council. The candidate for the Royal Advisor will put his or her name in to a poll on TNG. From that pool the Royal Council will pick someone from that pool and interview them. If selected, the candidate’s name will be with drawn from the pool and will not be able to resubmit until 6 months or till the next election. This way everyone can get a chance to be a Royal Advisor. If any of these rules are broken an Entire Royal Court will be reselected. No if ands or buts about it. You will be removed from the TNG as well. Thus, ruled the Designer.

TNRP Faction: Closing

This is an easy and fun system to be used for server role-playing somewhat organized. On one last note if you try and apply for candidacy, you must FOLLOW a naming convention. If your name is like Twinkmasterflash, Gunzilla, or some outrageous name; your application will be rejected. No matter how much you complain, you are not a role-player, and not welcomed.

Thank you and enjoy the Twisting Nether Role- Playing Factions,

Avenel (Quietus)

This sounds like an idea tossed about by that group called Citizens United.

Granted I consider Quietus a haphazard spawn of said RP disaster.

Like CU this seems like a plan to pile on rules and regulations under the guise of streamlining RP.

This just seems to tack on even more guidelines to the already failed formula. The only thing missing is the relentless and shameless recruitment campaign. Then again the old leader of CU was a persistent fellow until he cracked under pressure.

To put it simply it looks fancy and pretty on paper but theres to many ways to step in shit on this one.

Lack of members, Chaotic elections, Connecting it to a TNG kick, etc.

I am sure your intentions are marvelous but the reality is this will not work. CU was a bane upon the RP community, for the good of whats left of it...don't bring it back

Best of luck in your future endeavors

I was like cool then I saw the word Quietus and said I'm out

Also, as a side note, I've been on TNG for like six years and seen these things come and go. I've supported a few and they've all died. People prefer free, casual RP. That being said, I wish you the best of luck.

i dont think this enforcing more rules, well it is of course, suppose,

but i think it will make the game fairer, stop power playing

and give evryone a turn in the big seat. Rules come

and go, and saying no to this because its enforcing more rule s, structure, the lot of it is

rather... well it will not help RP get better for everyone. Maybe it could lighten up a little, but

rp is not as its best and i think we could and should all work on this.. idea- make it better, maybe a little more free.

Overall, i think we do need representatives/politocians and we need to get our personalities and attitudes set.

I also think some rules need to be set down, so people dot et carried away in their power, or just dont do something because it doesnt suit them.

So instead of saying, "This could f**k up in so many ways" give feedback of what we vould do with and what is unnesecary.

i dont think this enforcing more rules, well it is of course, suppose,

but i think it will make the game fairer, stop power playing

and give evryone a turn in the big seat. l

You get your turn in the big seats by being committed to your story, getting to know the other RPers around you in person and with active RP, and putting lots of effort into your character. No one will acknowledge a fresh toon that no one knows without them doing something to prove it, and in doing something, you create RP. Its not necessarily fair to say that a character that hasn't put in the effort to be recognized should be any more powerful than a player who has put in the time, the writing, and set up their image on their own. Players with good judgement and powerfull characters have a right to play powerfully, but have the responsibility of not being a godmoder, and that's where the RPers skill comes in.

This? This is a wishful shortcut. And we don't need player-made politics, especially not within the horde. There's no government, no democracy, no representation of the people within the horde. Its the will of the warchief. Lock tar ogar. And we cant be so arrogant as to claim that player-made (hell, random person made; Ive never heard of any of these individuals who have attempted to force structure together) systems are parallel to the will of the warchief.

Keep RP free of this.

Its the will of the warchief. Lock tar ogar. And we cant be so arrogant as to claim that player-made.

-LOCK- tar ogar?! you're the cocky one! obsessed with warlocks lol

...Lok tar ogar

*Slagworth pokes his head in*

I think I might've started in a similar place as Avenel. New and enthusiastic about RP, I was disappointed to find the bulk of RP is contained within a few active RP guilds. The next logical step is to try and encourage inter-guild RP, with the end goal of an altogether active world RP scene.

However, one thing I discovered pretty quick is that (understandably) people don't like being told how to RP. Any initiative would have to be grassroots, bottom-up, not top-down. There is no top. Moreover, when it comes to the carrot and stick, you only really have the former, and even then only barely. All rewards and punishments are imaginary, and only exist if accepted. There is no authority with which to 'kick' people from TNG, nor should there be.

What does this mean, then? Well, like any grassroots movement, it isn't so easy as strolling into the town centre and saying 'everyone do this'. You need to roll up your sleeves, get involved in the scene, do some RP, and donate time to the RP of others. Further, ideas have to be consensus based, they can't be imposed on others who haven't of their own accord joined up. Which is why, as I said, the carrot is more useful than the stick.

If you have a look at my Horde election event, you'll see that while it is an effort to try and get extra-guild RP happening, it doesn't actually erect a 'government' at all. It's basically an RP debating event/popularity contest, where people who are known and appreciated in the community can get a pat on the back. What they do with the 'title' as city captain is up to them and those who RP with them, on a mutually consensual basis. Ashenfury, for example, won the Orgrimmar debate when Ugraz forfeited IC. He can't, and doesn't, roll around telling people what to do. He has, however, kept a campaign promise to perform weekly patrols of Ashenvale- co-ordinating with Alliance RPPvP guilds to be there at the same time for World RPPvP. What has happened is he has used this Community RP Event as a springboard for more community RP. At every stage this was for him and all participants voluntary, not forced. If it was forced, no one would've come, then Ashenvale RPPvP wouldn't have ever happened.

It is because of these lessons that I have taken the gas off RP Gamesmaster, for example, which is a decent enough idea, yet I need to build a bit more face before going full steam with it. Which I am doing. Right now Horde elections are proceeding, and I am levelling an RP intensive toon in a well known Rp guild whilst trying to pitch into ther people's plotlines as much as I can.

In summary I'd say welcome, Avenel. Don't feel discouraged if your idea doesn't take off, and I urge you not to get cynical of it's intent, or the RP community. I hope you stick around, invest some effort into the community, and grow some of your ideas.

Cheers,

Slagworth

Thank Slagworth. Just to let you know my background as an RP'er...I've learned to role-play with books, paper, dice, and pen, and that was 20 years ago. The idea for the system that I made was base of a alignment from DnD. This way I know who I can hang around and be buddy buddy, and who I would have a natural conflict with. As for the Government..eh it's a side note. Something that the UC could have done better.

HELLSCREAMS EYES ARE UPON YOU. Remember that every Roleplayer hates every other Roleplayer, every Roleplayer's character IS THE BEST character, and that controlling a Roleplayer would be like trying to stop an asteroid from crashing into a planet with nothing but wishful thinking and hope.

Proper spelling and a little bit of care into your typing would help me take you all seriously. Look at Therean. That shit's like real legal documents, God knows I don't understand half of it but it sounds smart and that is something I can back!

Actually, all the Role-players I've met were great people, who loved to work as a team, in most events. Living City on the other hand, that's a whole different story. I never had a good experience with that at the conventions. So your statement of "every Role-player hates every other Role-player. " can be argued, Altherion. If you were not referring to Living City. If you were...then I do agree with you.

: ) actually I believe in not grading any person on worst or best. I grade on personality and whether or not we can be friends or enemies. Everyone loves friends, and everyone loves a good villain. So with that said... Good, Bad or Ugly, no one is best or worst, just unique. That's why I chose to establish an Attitude system. So when I mouse over a toon I can see 1. Are they using TPR2, 2. What their faction is, so I can address them properly, and 3. What attitude are they, so I can be friendly or hostile. A very simple and effective system.

I don't even see any harm in the first part. Even thouhh now I want the second part cos of the military getting dicky over a bridge...

This does not justify the post one bit. You are basically admitting you want this to control other players which you cannot do.

As for the Military being "Dicky" on the bridge you need to leave in game drama in game. The matter was Out Of Character and was handled of last night. Keep petty stuff off the forums.

It may be being delivered as a way to "establish friendly regulation", but this is a control grab. I personally will not acknowledge this system in game and I urge both experienced roleplayers and new members of the community to avoid things like this. The supporters of this system are RPers who are new to the community or server ( I'm not taking into account how much or how little experience actually RPing in any form people have here) and find it difficult to have their way.

No sugarcoating. This is not a good system. Avenel, Halch, I suggest you focus more of your energy into attempting to integrate yourself into the community by getting to know it's members ingame instead of wanting to force yourselves in with a controlled structure.

Whether it's "Lok Tar Ogar" or "For the Alliance", you'll find your way in eventually.

Oh, and:

That's why I chose to establish an Attitude system. So when I mouse over a toon I can see 1. Are they using TPR2, 2. What their faction is, so I can address them properly, and 3. What attitude are they, so I can be friendly or hostile. A very simple and effective system.

A great and simple way to figure out someone's attitude without them having to go out of their way to billboard it; RP with them and watch to see if they greet you back or bite your head off. That easy.

That's why I chose to establish an Attitude system. So when I mouse over a toon I can see 1. Are they using TPR2, 2. What their faction is, so I can address them properly, and 3. What attitude are they, so I can be friendly or hostile. A very simple and effective system.

Additionally to this and what everyone else seems to be saying:

"So I can address them properly" This is a form of metagaming which is rather frowned upon. You character should not know how to address someone due to you knowing how a character's attitude is by reading their TRP2. Metagaming is a good way to kill roleplay very quickly, what makes it fun if you character knows everything already? Magically at that.

I am inclined to agree with those who are calling this out as a bad idea. Where you may claim that intentions were "Good" it really seems that you are trying to control the Roleplay around this area just to get your way. You need to stop and maybe work upon getting yourselves properly into the community. Good luck.

i dont think its a way to take control as much, but a way to keep the most wanted and best in

their roles. Basically, choice of public. As for bandariel comment, fair enouhh for the player part, but i think it would be handy to have the guild part because some guilds have reputations and positions which can spoil rp at some times when you don't know that and everyone expects you to.((rp expectd you to.))I do think this could do with some editing and scrapping some stuff. Just give feedback besides like "this shit is going no where" :D and keep it cool with the feedback :)